Why no Star Trek Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The funny thing, is that I LOVE the original series - & own it, plus Wrath Of Khan & like the new films too (yet to see ST:ID), but I have no real interest in any collectibles.

The thought of a HT Nimoy Spock & Shat Kirk, does sound cool though..

Because Hot Toys would make Kirk, Spock and McCoy and consider the line done without any consideration for making the other crewmembers; Scotty, Uhura, Chekov or Sulu.

More like Kirk and Lt. Leslie or Desalle and call it a day.

Star Trek is a much more successful franchise than Avengers

If you're talking box office, Avengers made over $1.5 billion worldwide versus Star Trek Into Darkness which took in $430 million worldwide. That's not counting the cumulative sum of the other 10 Star Trek films/TV series combined but on a one-to-one summer blockbuster showdown which clearly shows Avengers to be the more successful franchise at the box office.

Last edited:
If you're talking box office, Avengers made over $1.5 billion worldwide versus Star Trek Into Darkness which took in $430 million worldwide. That's not counting the cumulative sum of the other 10 Star Trek films/TV series combined but on a one-to-one summer blockbuster showdown which clearly shows Avengers to be the more successful franchise at the box office.

Was reffering to the all movies and tv shows

Wow I posted this late last night and didnt think this many responses already. Thanks for all your responses. I agree I'll even take enterbay Star Trek figs. I know they will be good enough. I'm actually surprised enterbay or hot toys didnt do Abrams reboot movies as they are new and blockbuster films. That seems to be hot toys direction theses days are summer blockbuster (Nolan's batman, iron man, avengers etc)

Just wish we could have older stuff made. Like the back to the future we were promised. I still want a wrath of khan line. Imagine Kirk Spock and khan?

The Original crew would be awesome. Spock is a must. The Gorn would be cool. Would love to see this happen.

Because Hot Toys would make Kirk, Spock and Uhura and consider the line done

Fixed. ;)

Better than nothing at all.

But don't forget John Harrison.
AvLFVIS.jpg

I guess even if HT or EB did it, it would likely be from the new movies, and that wouldn't interest me at all. Anything from the original series or Next Generation would be great though, it's fun to daydream about at least.

I would buy a fat, old Shatner. The removeable hair piece for the PERS could be his actual removeable hair piece.

I doubt any of the TV series would ever come from HT or EB. The casts are too large and the focus seems to be on movies (unless we see '66 Batman). However if the line went to a smaller company that was hungrier for the business and capable of producing HT level likenesses like Blitzway it could be a huge win for both the company and collectors. I've long wanted lines from TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY, but customs might be the only option. I'm sure one problem is probably the steep licensing fee Paramount would charge. And folks are such greedy bastards in licensing they don't care about quality or representation of the characters, just getting the $ in.

I'd love certain characters from Star Trek as it's one of my favorite franchises but there would be a lot of them probably. Some I'd like though would be a Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and McCoy (Shatner, Nimoy, Doohan, and Kelley versions) in either their Original Series uniforms or the red movie uniforms from Star Trek II-VI, or possibly for Scotty the black pants/vest and white undershirt. Also Picard, Riker, Data, and LaForge from The Next Generation. Again either in the traditional The Next Generation uniforms or in the gray/black uniforms with the corresponding colored undershirt.

Since I've collected I've always thought it would be cool to have a Data from First Contact during the scenes where he's captured by the Borg Queen and has parts of his robotic skeleton exposed.

Wow I posted this late last night and didnt think this many responses already. Thanks for all your responses. I agree I'll even take enterbay Star Trek figs. I know they will be good enough. I'm actually surprised enterbay or hot toys didnt do Abrams reboot movies as they are new and blockbuster films. That seems to be hot toys direction theses days are summer blockbuster (Nolan's batman, iron man, avengers etc)

Just wish we could have older stuff made. Like the back to the future we were promised. I still want a wrath of khan line. Imagine Kirk Spock and khan?

They did GI JOE, Star Trek should be a given. but HT use warped logic alot of the time.

sorry to say this but star trek does not have the same mass following in asia as it does everywhere else. the likley hood of ht doing star trek tv show charaters = 0. Likley hood of newer star trek movie charaters is very slim if any. Wish they did thou, would love me a spock.

With the new Star Trek movies making inroads into the world box office, it's more likely that we'd see that crew than any others... but... still seems kind of unlikely.

Back