1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Where did you see that? I saw $231 on Popcultcha...if there's a Death Trooper somewhere for $161, I'm buying it this morning.

Regular is $161, plus shipping of course. If you have an account the prices you see are less than a guest . Creating an account is free. When you buy stuff you get pennies, you can use pennies up to $50 off. Make sure you switch prices to USD on top right.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-16_at_11_46_45_AM.png

Regular is $161, plus shipping of course. If you have an account the prices you see are less than a guest . Creating an account is free. When you buy stuff you get pennies, you can use pennies up to $50 off. Make sure you switch prices to USD on top right.

Screen_Shot_2018-05-16_at_11_46_45_AM.png

Saw your comment, got excited about a Chirrut for $161. Went to Popcultcha, search Death Trooper, was confused why I wasn't seeing it for $161. Came back here, asked where you saw the price for the Death Trooper. Saw your comment, remember it was Chirrut I wanted, not the death trooper.

Such is life, when you didn't have coffee in the morning. Off to Dunkin Donuts I go.

Thanks for the heads up, darthrazz.

The $50 option to spend pennies works out to about $38.50 US.

Chirrut was 140.01 USD two weeks ago... because I almost bought him but PopC bumped the price.

Chirrut was 140.01 USD two weeks ago... because I almost bought him but PopC bumped the price.

oooh you're gonna regret that if they show Baze at SDCC !

......but they probably won't.

SDCC is gonna be a crap shoot with HT. No idea what they might show new...Ebony Maw & Cull Obsidian??? New Han Solo, (MAYBE) Glover Calrissian, Solo lady droid. Those are the ONLY things I'd considering putting money on and they all aint winners for sure.

SDCC is gonna be a crap shoot with HT. No idea what they might show new...Ebony Maw & Cull Obsidian??? New Han Solo, (MAYBE) Glover Calrissian, Solo lady droid. Those are the ONLY things I'd considering putting money on and they all aint winners for sure.
I'm hoping for more prequel stuff.

And Krennic.

oooh you're gonna regret that if they show Baze at SDCC !

......but they probably won't.

You know, there's a very good chance that perhaps the actor never gave his approval of the likeness for Baze and that was part of the hold up.

But whatever the reason, RO seems to be far in the tail-lights of HT's current interest... which is mostly Infinity Wars. And when it comes to Star Wars, HT will focus as always on OT and now perhaps a sprinkling of PT figures mixed in with the few -- very few -- Solo figures.

I have a feeling Solo will at least get us an OT Lando and Bespin Han.

Hopefully they’ll show it again at SDCC along with any other Rogue One figures - Krennic, Tank Pilot or Baze. If not that’ll be bummer.

You know, there's a very good chance that perhaps the actor never gave his approval of the likeness for Baze and that was part of the hold up.

But whatever the reason, RO seems to be far in the tail-lights of HT's current interest... which is mostly Infinity Wars. And when it comes to Star Wars, HT will focus as always on OT and now perhaps a sprinkling of PT figures mixed in with the few -- very few -- Solo figures.

It'd be odd if Jiang Wen approved the Hasbro 3.75" 5POA figure and the 6" Black Series figure but not the Hot Toys figure.

I agree with you about the movie just being in HT's taillights at this point. Which is a shame. That movie deserved the whole crew to be made.

I liked my Chirrut figure a lot but it didn't feel right having him without Baze.

I don't know if the actor really has a say in what their likeness gets used on. If a company wanted to make a 1/6 Keenu Reeves or Sandra Bullock from Speed, that might be a different story, but when an actor signs on to a franchise like Star Wars, or Marvel, or Indiana Jones, I believe they're getting paid not only for their work on the movie, but also for merchandising and appearances. I think part of signing on is signing their likeness away for promotional and retail purposes. I'm not in the business, so I'm not 100% sure how that works, but I do know a few people who work in the business as I went to college for broadcasting before I ended up in finance, and that's the impression I get.

With Rogue One 18 months behind us now, and every character from the movie dead and gone from the universe, I'm pretty sure if it didn't get made, it's not getting made. Howard seems to love the Empire, so I guess there's always hope for Director Krennic and the tank trooper, but I think the ship might have sailed on Cassian and Baze, but I suppose you never know.

As long as Hot Toys gives me ESB Lando, General Veers and Wedge Antilles, I don't really care what else they do with Star Wars at this point. I want the Death Star Trooper, and I suppose I'd be down for Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Qui-Gon from the PT, otherwise I can't think of anything worthwhile that we still need from Star Wars at this point. That said, I'd be surprised if HT showed anything new and exciting if Solo doesn't fair well, as Marvel probably is their cash cow now.

It'd be odd if Jiang Wen approved the Hasbro 3.75" 5POA figure and the 6" Black Series figure but not the Hot Toys figure.

on to a franchise like Star Wars, or Marvel, or Indiana Jones, I believe they're getting paid not only for their work on the movie, but also for merchandising and appearances.

Yeah, that's probably true. It's a real curiosity.

I liked my Chirrut figure a lot but it didn't feel right having him without Baze.

"Liked"...? As in you don't have him anymore?

I just want Director Krennic.... damn it!

”Liked"...? As in you don't have him anymore?

Yep. Sold the Deluxe to a very nice forum member.

If they surprise announce Baze I might consider picking up Chirrut again.

I would do the same -- that's why I had my eye on Chirrut for $140. But they definitely need to be a pair.

For $140...even for $161...I feel like it's probably worth investing in Chirrut even without Baze. He was a memorable character in his own right.

Back