1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

For $140...even for $161...I feel like it's probably worth investing in Chirrut even without Baze. He was a memorable character in his own right.

After multiple watches, I actually prefer Baze now. :lol

But Chirrut still has the best line: Are you kidding, I'm blind.

For $140...even for $161...I feel like it's probably worth investing in Chirrut even without Baze. He was a memorable character in his own right.

I don't disagree with you. It's a fantastic deal for a pretty much perfect figure. But for me, it just felt like there was something missing. Even when displayed with Jyn and K2, the three of them together made the absence of the other characters even more apparent.

I don't know if the actor really has a say in what their likeness gets used on. If a company wanted to make a 1/6 Keenu Reeves or Sandra Bullock from Speed, that might be a different story, but when an actor signs on to a franchise like Star Wars, or Marvel, or Indiana Jones, I believe they're getting paid not only for their work on the movie, but also for merchandising and appearances. I think part of signing on is signing their likeness away for promotional and retail purposes. I'm not in the business, so I'm not 100% sure how that works, but I do know a few people who work in the business as I went to college for broadcasting before I ended up in finance, and that's the impression I get.

With Rogue One 18 months behind us now, and every character from the movie dead and gone from the universe, I'm pretty sure if it didn't get made, it's not getting made. Howard seems to love the Empire, so I guess there's always hope for Director Krennic and the tank trooper, but I think the ship might have sailed on Cassian and Baze, but I suppose you never know.

As long as Hot Toys gives me ESB Lando, General Veers and Wedge Antilles, I don't really care what else they do with Star Wars at this point. I want the Death Star Trooper, and I suppose I'd be down for Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Qui-Gon from the PT, otherwise I can't think of anything worthwhile that we still need from Star Wars at this point. That said, I'd be surprised if HT showed anything new and exciting if Solo doesn't fair well, as Marvel probably is their cash cow now.

Veers is my most wanted.

Lando ESB, Lando Skiff, Boushh, Akbar, 21B, Scout Trooper, Death Star Trooper, Baze, Krennic, Ozzel, Piett, Walrusman, Nien Numb, Greedo, Lobot and most of Jabbas goons would be welcome too.

That might be a bit greedy though :)

Used a coupon code to order my first Death Trooper from Popcultcha for a really good price, at least compared to what I was seeing them go for on Ebay.

So yeah, would be great to have Krennic to go with it. I think there's still hope since Tarkin came out great and seems like he sold well.

I'm still hoping for Snoke to eventually go with his Praetorian Guards, but I have alot less hope for that.

I've never ordered for Popcultcha before, do they have sales at allor post coupons anywhere? They'd be a new experience for me, just curious what they're like. Wondering if I should wait for a sale before I order Chirrut or not.

Used a coupon code to order my first Death Trooper from Popcultcha for a really good price, at least compared to what I was seeing them go for on Ebay.

So yeah, would be great to have Krennic to go with it. I think there's still hope since Tarkin came out great and seems like he sold well.

I'm still hoping for Snoke to eventually go with his Praetorian Guards, but I have alot less hope for that.

Coupon code, you say?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those wondering, the code I used was GEETROIT

It gave me 10% off my order.

I like Krennic. Ben Mendelsohn was great in Rogue One.

But Krennic is no Tarkin.
Maybe not to you. But I've seen alot of people asking about him, the demand is there, so to HT it's a figure that should sell. I just compared him to Tarkin since they're both Imperial officer type characters.

Coupon code "GEETROIT" is not valid.
Worked for me just last night. Maybe because it was first order with them?

Screenshot_2018-05-17-17-24-56-1.jpg

Maybe not to you. But I've seen alot of people asking about him, the demand is there, so to HT it's a figure that should sell. I just compared him to Tarkin since they're both Imperial officer type characters.

I understand your point, but it seems I’ve been misunderstood so let me clarify my comment.

The point I was trying to raise is that Tarkin and Krennic do not have the same selling power so it would be false hope to assume we’re getting Krennic just because Tarkin sold well. Especially when Hot Toys is maxed out in production capacity and has grown more risk averse.

They and other companies have moved on to the next Star Wars films already. There are just too many new Star Wars movies, too many new characters, to be able to linger around one and keep making merchandise for it. Companies have to move quickly on to the next film. The Original Trilogy is the exception because it always sells.

Moreover, maybe they’re both just Imperial officer type characters from your perspective, but one is a legendary character established decades ago and one is a relative newcomer. There were certainly far more people clamoring for a Tarkin figure than a Krennic figure.

Simply put, I love Rogue One, but nothing has the selling power of the OT. Even OT adjacent RO.

Tarkin is one of the most iconic elements of one of the most beloved Star Wars and sci-fi movies of all time. Peter Cushing himself is a legend.

Tons of people grew up watching Tarkin. His role and presence in Star Wars is significant enough to have warranted appearances in books, comics, The Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. And, of course, Rogue One.

Again, I like Krennic. I like Mendelsohn. I would buy a Krennic figure. A good number of folks here would. But we’re a bunch of hardcore collectors in a niche market. So while I do agree demand is there, it’s hard to gauge actual demand based on what we want. Especially when weighing that demand versus risk.

I don’t think it’s a risk Hot Toys wants to take, unless perhaps as some sort of convention exclusive one day or for the anniversary of Rogue One down the road.

In contrast, Tarkin was not really a risk. They were confident people would buy him. And they did, myself included.

Last edited:

I hope they find more uses for Tarkin's uniform. Whatever it is, I'll take it.

Agreed. That would be great.

I would happily buy up every Imperial Officer they make.

I can see a full Executor bridge diorama with Vader, Piett, the bounty hunters, couple of navy troopers, etc. If only! :lol

I would'nt say Krennic is for hardcore collector, he is the very impressive main villian in recent well made Star Wars movie with plenty of memorable screen time

Imagine Veers, Ozzel and Piett.
I would buy all 3 in a heartbeat.

now these 3 are definitely for OT hardcore collector

Back