Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think that hot toys is screwing over the collector

• HELL YES.........I've been screwed

Votes: 52 36.6%
  • Im neutral on this issue..........DONT ROCK THE BOAT

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Nope..........I love hot toys and think that as long as I get a better product I'm happy.

Votes: 73 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

Great! Now the thread will be closed because of ignorant posters who have no interest in this topic. Thanks winners!

Re: Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

Great! Now the thread will be closed because of ignorant posters who have no interest in this topic. Thanks winners!

Believe me I hate when people volunteer themselves as board admins too. Fact is, this thread, and no offense to the OP, is exactly the same as all the "Rerelease:Yay or Nay" threads we had in the past week. And the same stuff just kept getting reiterated on both sides repeatedly. Its like reading the newspapers on any given day. Read one, you've read them all. And I do have an interest. I'm an original Tumbler owner and thats the very thing that sparked the latest spate of these threads.

some people just have to justify their ill feelings with these recent re-releases.

HT induced mood swings and depression. they need support groups. :lol:rotfl

Well, they are Hot Toys and not Hot Collectibles ;)

Lol okay the final word had been cast.lmao

I'm going to be mad if there's another thread about this topic because it diminishes the value of this thread and I was told this thread is a limited edition.

dude, they are limited....up to 100.000 pieces per product :rotfl

I'm going to be mad if there's another thread about this topic because it diminishes the value of this thread and I was told this thread is a limited edition.

Read threads because you enjoy them not as an investment!

I use to view the old Enterbay Bruce Lee figures as real limited collectibles. They were numbered, made in a lower quantity and their prices would sky rocket on ebay.

I view the new Hot Toys figures as 'limited collectibles' with the same amount of belief as I view every DVD that comes out as a 'special edition' ....its a marketing term. I don't hate them for it...it doesn't cause me to see red and faint. Its advertising.

I am so sick of all these worthless HT threads. There really isn't anything to discuss. HT seem to mass produce these day's even more than in the past. They are still 'collectables' and 'limited runs'. And re releases will continue to happen as long as everyone keeps buying Batman and IM collectables. The demand is there. No reason for HT to pass up on a goldmine

Re-issues are awesome!

Yeah, these threads seem to pop up every couple weeks or so. Mostly started by 'poser' collectors who are more worried about the value of their figures than actually collecting what they like. I just don't take any threads seriously that were started by anybody who joined after 2008. I just kinda go with the flow and humor them. Nod and smile like when a toddler tells you he's gonna build a rocket car and drive to the moon.

i agree about all these HT threads popping up. but i'd like to add that not all collectors that dislike rereleases are concerned about value. personally, i couldn't care less about resale value. i just want the best version of a character there is, and a rerelease means the hassle of selling the old version. i know that's only a minor thing, but i'm lazy.

HOWEVER, i STRONGLY feel that hot toys should take the "hot" out of their name. not one of my figures has arrived "hot", and i don't have a microwave, meaning i have to have these damn things cold.... IT'S JUST NOT ON!!!!!!!

Yeah, these threads seem to pop up every couple weeks or so. Mostly started by 'poser' collectors who are more worried about the value of their figures than actually collecting what they like. I just don't take any threads seriously that were started by anybody who joined after 2008. I just kinda go with the flow and humor them. Nod and smile like when a toddler tells you he's gonna build a rocket car and drive to the moon.

Why after 2008 ?

I understand the complaint, but do not agree. This type of reissue is what capitalism is all about. Hurrah for capitalism!

P.s. they reissue based on demand.

Op is not the 99% obviously.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I love hearing how I have two of the least desirable figures HT have ever made :lol

...whattabout Two Face?

:lol sorry Lejuan!

I just see so many for under the retail price...

I almost bought Two Face for his suit BTW...

im all for the re-issues . i think most people that are upset are the flippers and the collectors that were flipped over and violated. There is a simple remedy if HT even cares to address this. make the reissue just the figure with no accessories.

:goodpost: I definitely agree with this. I'm all about collecting figures for fun, but it was frustrating when I was unemployed and the Iron Man MKI was released. It could be found for $155 for the longest time after release, but when I finally got back on my feet financially the flippers had their way. I refused to pay over $800 for a 1/6, but I also realize that that's what the appeal to some of the "limited edition" is. I am grateful however that they are rereleasing it so I can finally have my almost complete hall of armor.

Back