Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think that hot toys is screwing over the collector

• HELL YES.........I've been screwed

Votes: 52 36.6%
  • Im neutral on this issue..........DONT ROCK THE BOAT

Votes: 17 12.0%
  • Nope..........I love hot toys and think that as long as I get a better product I'm happy.

Votes: 73 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

I love hearing how I have two of the least desirable figures HT have ever made :lol

...whattabout Two Face?

I don't care what anybody says, I still like my Two Face figure. I was thinking about getting him repainted though because I want it more "juicy" looking.

Re: Why hot toys should take the word "limited edition collectible out of its title"

Yeah, these threads seem to pop up every couple weeks or so. Mostly started by 'poser' collectors who are more worried about the value of their figures than actually collecting what they like. I just don't take any threads seriously that were started by anybody who joined after 2008. I just kinda go with the flow and humor them. Nod and smile like when a toddler tells you he's gonna build a rocket car and drive to the moon.

Why after 2008 ?

Cause he joined in 2007. :lol

Nah. 2008 is when The Dark Knight movie came out and all the joker worshippers invaded this board in droves. The board hasn't been the same since. Nothing but whiners and scammers everyday. Threads like these are proof of that.

So out of all the figures produced by Hot Toys, exactly how many are re-releases?

:exactly:

Not only that, but some people prefer the original versions for a variety of reasons, be it articulation, customizeability, etc. You certainly can't say the original Predator 2 is identical to the upcoming one. It's not so much a re-release as it is an upgrade or remake. I don't expect that to make it an easier pill to swallow, but there's one way to think about it.

Yeah, these threads seem to pop up every couple weeks or so. Mostly started by 'poser' collectors who are more worried about the value of their figures than actually collecting what they like. I just don't take any threads seriously that were started by anybody who joined after 2008. I just kinda go with the flow and humor them. Nod and smile like when a toddler tells you he's gonna build a rocket car and drive to the moon.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge everyone who joined after 2008, but the general gist of your post is solid.

They can call them whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't affect my purchasing habits one way or another if they say it's a limited edition or not.

Basing a person's knowledge on how many posts they have or when they joined

IS FAR MORE RETARDED

because it has nothing to do with collecting, and a lot more to do with joining forums and using the internet socially.

WOW what a wonderful welcome you give your fellow freaks. First you get on my thread an insult me by saying you cant TRUST me because of my start date and then you call me a child? and you state collect what you like. let me inform your mr craw. Im not a kid but a grow ass man, I have 2 kids and a wife I have been married to for 12 going on 13 years and I have been collecting since I was 7 years old "IM NOT A POSER". My daughter has kidney failure and needs to be supervised by doctors and by family so I can't sit on this thread and keep my eyes glued to see what people say, but after I viewed your post I had to reply. I have been through tons of hurdles in life and there will be a ton more but I'm by no sense of your small minded imagination a kid or child. Second by the amount of posts you have it seems that you need to get out in the real world a bit more instead of sticking your face in the computer all life long. And to judge me on the date that I joined the forum means If I can be taken seriously or trusted that this will be a good thread is a FREAKIN JOKE. LOOK BRO ITS A THREAD, . Im not writing for the New York Post or trying to submit my questions on Fox news.............this is the freaks forum and to boot its my second thread I have EVER started since I have joined on here. You know what this is the second time you OLD TIMERS have screwed with me. First it was with my Bane post and COMMANDED ME TO TAKE THE THREAD DOWN RIGHT NOW......so I did because I didnt want to deal with the bullying. Im sorry that I dont know how to make the PERFECT thread or make a thread that is worth posting on. But damn man you sure showed your softer side when it came to me. I need to say one thing. I posted this thread because I do collect what I like. But under the new direction that hot toys is going it not only is destroying collecting for me but also is making me rethink is all this crap really worth the time, energy, and money were spending on these items. It seems my life is dedicated to some sort of collectible. enough of my ranting. I apologize to my fellow freaks for this reply but you MR CRAW I do not apologize to, and to take it even further if you dont like someones thread GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:nana::pfft:

now thats done all I have to do is wait for the craw and his cronies to come and bully me some more.

Basing a person's knowledge on how many posts they have or when they joined

IS FAR MORE RETARDED

because it has nothing to do with collecting, and a lot more to do with joining forums and using the internet socially.

Didn't really pull your punch there, heh.

I'm actually in agreement, but The Craw seems to think that spending more time on the forums builds trust since it decreases the chances of the user being there purely to make their way into the For Sale section (or to get financial advice on a hobby that should be more about passion and enjoyment). There is logic in this, though it's not 100% consistent; scammers have been known to do their thing long after registering.

The real problems with his post are that he's basically writing off a lot of trustworthy people who joined after 2008 (whose comments are also contructive and not used to simply pad the ol' post count) and he's criticizing them for simply being newbies. Some people learn the right mindset for the hobby sooner than others, but bashing them won't speed things up. If anything, it'll either put them off the hobby or lure them into a flame war, which is the last thing this board needs.

WOW what a wonderful welcome you give your fellow freaks. First you get on my thread an insult me by saying you cant TRUST me because of my start date and then you call me a child? and you state collect what you like. let me inform your mr craw. Im not a kid but a grow ass man, I have 2 kids and a wife I have been married to for 12 going on 13 years and I have been collecting since I was 7 years old "IM NOT A POSER". My daughter has kidney failure and needs to be supervised by doctors and by family so I can't sit on this thread and keep my eyes glued to see what people say, but after I viewed your post I had to reply. I have been through tons of hurdles in life and there will be a ton more but I'm by no sense of your small minded imagination a kid or child. Second by the amount of posts you have it seems that you need to get out in the real world a bit more instead of sticking your face in the computer all life long. And to judge me on the date that I joined the forum means If I can be taken seriously or trusted that this will be a good thread is a FREAKIN JOKE. LOOK BRO ITS A THREAD, . Im not writing for the New York Post or trying to submit my questions on Fox news.............this is the freaks forum and to boot its my second thread I have EVER started since I have joined on here. You know what this is the second time you OLD TIMERS have screwed with me. First it was with my Bane post and COMMANDED ME TO TAKE THE THREAD DOWN RIGHT NOW......so I did because I didnt want to deal with the bullying. Im sorry that I dont know how to make the PERFECT thread or make a thread that is worth posting on. But damn man you sure showed your softer side when it came to me. I need to say one thing. I posted this thread because I do collect what I like. But under the new direction that hot toys is going it not only is destroying collecting for me but also is making me rethink is all this crap really worth the time, energy, and money were spending on these items. It seems my life is dedicated to some sort of collectible. enough of my ranting. I apologize to my fellow freaks for this reply but you MR CRAW I do not apologize to, and to take it even further if you dont like someones thread GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:nana::pfft:

now thats done all I have to do is wait for the craw and his cronies to come and bully me some more.
Don't let ____ bother you and post what you want. Every board I'm on has members who think a site should be ran the way they see fit and if it's not they flame you. As long as you're posting in the right forum who cares what other posters think. Welcome to the forum.

Mate it's the internet, relax :lol
i don't see where he's far off. Disregarding someones post because they are new is an insult. What's ironic is that some of the more popular customisers who were supposed to be trustworthy are the ones who have screwed people over.

i don't see where he's far off. Disregarding someones post because they are new is an insult. What's ironic is that some of the more popular customisers who were supposed to be trustworthy are the ones who have screwed people over.

My point is why get worked up over what some guy says on the internet? People tend to mentally picture other forum users like this:

thoughtful_man.jpg

...where the reality is just as likely to be this:

computer_geek-13818.gif

The best part for me on the Hot Toys Re-Releases are, no doubt about it, the reaction to the people that only collect TOYS for their value, and not for the fun, and then start to cry because they can´t sell the original Predador or the Mark I for a thousand dollars...

Back