Why are there no Game of Thrones figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a very popular show, and while I haven't seen it (I've only read part of the first book and really struggled to keep all the characters straight), it is clear to me that there are a lot of dynamic and popular characters. I know Funko has some figures done in their "Pop!" style, or whatever those little figures of theirs are called. But why are there no other figures, in any scale? Does some company own the rights to make figures and are just sitting on it for some reason? Does no company have any interest at all in making a few figures? I find that hard to imagine. What's up?

dark horse has the license.

DH11015.jpg

DH11038.jpg

DH10981.jpg

TV shows generally just don't get much toy company love these days. Spartacus would have been another great one. Hot Toys preferably.

collecting TV show figures is a nightmare, great examples are Stargate and Lost.

Stargate actually had a lot of series from DST BUT they didn't make a few KEY characters before shutting it down, pretty frustrating to have about 7 series and have 3-4 different versions of some figures and none of others. Then look at Lost, McFarlane actually did a decent job on some of the figures but canceled it after 2 series, again missing tons of major characters, making it a worthless set.

My question is, why no LOTR figures from EB or HT???

I really hope one day it happens. You can imagine what its like for long time fans like myself who were into it long before the show. There's been some stuff. Mainly weapons, calenders and miniatures, but nothing like full blown figures. I'd want Ned Stark, Lord Tywin, King Robert, Tyrion, the Hound, Arya etc.

List goes on. In fact, it might become a bit obssessive with me. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

TV shows generally just don't get much toy company love these days. Spartacus would have been another great one. Hot Toys preferably.

Yeah ... TV doesn't get as much play as it should. I'd kill for a 1/6 Raylan Givens and Boyd Crowder. Hope they do another round of 24 figures now that they're doing another season ... maybe HT instead of Enterbay.

Walking Dead. Game of Thrones. Sopranos. Boardwalk Empire. Star Trek. Spartacus T&A. Deadwood. The Unit (kinda surprised there haven't even been unlicensed Unit sculpts on military figures). Lots of options ripe for the picking, if somebody sees the market. If HT takes the risk and proves the market, others would follow.

SnakeDoc

High end GOT figures would get my bucks. All we have are those Pop! trinkets to choose from which is pretty sad.

The show is so great that you would only be deceived by toys. Unless Hot Toys makes one, -maybe-.
But still.. it's a very human show, not a lifeless blockbuster that merchandising usually goes with. Probably wouldn't look like a safe investment, first because the people who watch may not be the ones who collect, second because of the rating that restricts the audience. But it's because of that rating that it's the best show ever.

If HT takes the risk and proves the market

I can't imagine Hot Toys having enough free time between the weekly iron man & batman variations.

But if they did.. there are some GREAT armors in the show that could translate well to figures. Hot Toys still does plastic hair, but they could add fur for once. It's doable - even some of MacFarlane's cheap toys do have furry parts.
Also, if they do Tyrion they can do a 1/4 at the price of a 1/6 :)

Last edited:
HT has done some fur stuff...

Anyways GoT figures would be absolutely brutal for me... I don't think I'll skip any of them.

Fantasy isn't a big market like superheros are. Its two different crowds. Nerds and geeks will buy anything and love superhero stuff. Fantasy like LOTR have a more hippie type fan base, whom are hardcore fans but would rather buy weed then toys.

Fantasy isn't a big market like superheros are. Its two different crowds. Nerds and geeks will buy anything and love superhero stuff. Fantasy like LOTR have a more hippie type fan base, whom are hardcore fans but would rather buy weed then toys.

.. hmm.. maybe not so much 1:6 action figures.. but statues and props seem to be popular.
* flicks cookie crumbs off 1:1 War Helm of the Witch King*

Behause almost everybody dies ;-)

mmh true

btw some great hookers with nice bodies that I'd see as 1/6.. but the best-looking one died too :(

& when one man doesn't die, one man changes his face

:slap

Are you kidding me?

^ Agreed.

You'll find some loose types at Renaissance faires, but I've never met a single "hippie" or doped-up idiot with a love for LOTR, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, or any other fantasy novel. The druggies I've had the misfortune of meeting don't really give a darn about literature! ROFL...

Back