Who had the best death in LotR?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who had the Best Death in LotR?

• Boromir

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Sauron

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Gollum

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Haldir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Sauraman

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • WitchKing

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • King Theoden

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Denathor

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I think Boromir had the best death. His final words to Aragorn and the look in his eyes is classic IMO.

Sean Bean is a class A actor, no doubt it about it. Any way, where is Gothmog? I always loved his burtal death!

I vote for Gandalf - the epic shot of the Fellowship running out of Moria, the beautifully haunting music playing...Pippen and Merry consoling eachother, Sam and Gimli crying, Legolas looking bewildered with great sorrow and Frodo looking as though all hope had been lost...that scene gets me everytime....none of the other deaths made me cry...but this one did, even though I knew Gandalf would come back.

Second choice - Gollum - as was said earlier, this is the climax of the film...what everything was leading too...a prophecy fulfilled....plus he just looked so darn happy having the ring once again in his hands, so full of joy...not realizing that he was falling to his death and destroying the one thing he so desperately wanted.

Darth Waller said:
Boromir: "I would have followed you my brother, my captain, my king!"

Gets me every time. :monkey2

:rock

My favorite signature!

boromirdeath1lf.gif

Nobody remembers what lurtz did..he almost killed aragorn..aragorn is the best swordsman in LOTR..he kills 200 uruks and orcs for breakfast..this is the way i saw it..he surprises lurtz with a side attack and lurtz brushes him off like a rag doll...he stabs lurtz on the right thigh and lurtz throws him halfway across the forest and lurtz pulls out the knife and tastes the bloodfrom the blade and throws it at aragorn..then aragorn chops off his right arm and stabs him in the stomach with a sword..Lurtz doesn't even flinch..he drives the sword all the way into his abdomen and faces aragorn shouts in his face as if to say "is that all you have"..the he is quickly decapitated..Lurtz is da bomb:chew

i don't even have to think about that one, definitely boromir! that was also my personal favorite part in fellowship of the ring.

the mouth of sauron...i loved it when he was talking filth out of that big mouth of his and ooops he lost his head in mid sentence:google :lol

speedracer said:
Nobody remembers what lurtz did..he almost killed aragorn..aragorn is the best swordsman in LOTR

I don't think in any means Lurtz almost killed aragorn. He got a couple of punches, but that was about it.

Shai Hulud said:
i voted for the witch king...he gets killed by a woman....isnt the best death ??? i've been ''killed'' by women many times....

:rotfl :rotfl I have also been "raped in the wallet" by many woman as well. Back on topic, I would vote for BOROMIR. Not only was his death tragic, but he regained his lost honor in doing so. PLUS, can't believe I'm saying this, his death in the movie was MUCH better than his death in the book.

Boromir: The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness, my city to ruin.
Aragorn: I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.
Boromir: Our people, our people. I would have would have called you my brother... my captain... my king .
Aragorn: Be at peace Son of Gondor.

Come on, the way Sean Bean played that line coupled with the music of the scene, you can't beat that

Try it this way:

-Boromir's death in the Fellowship (Gandalph is negated as he essentially comes back)

-Haldir's death in Two Towers (as his eyes pan over the battle and you see an immortal realizing his own death---powerful)

-King Theoden in Return

Im not actually voting on this because I think the best death was Gothmog in the Return of the King Extended edition.

He's just about to get jiggy with eowen (spelt wrong I know) after a good old scrap, when aragorn chops his leg off and then Gimli follows up with a good old axe chop. I piss myself every time I see this. :rotfl :rotfl

I loved the death of Saruman scene... Why it was edited out of the theatrical cut i will never understand... PJs excuses of not killing of the 2nd films villian in the 3rd film seemed pretty far fetched to me... and showing his death was ALOT more effective then not showing anything at all.. it was as if Christopher Lee only signed on for two films and they needed a dodge excuse for him not to make an appearance in ROTK... fooy!

My fav. two characters in the LOTR films both die. Boromir and King Theoden. Both had their flaws but were great men.

I voted for Boromir as he is by far my Fav of the two.

Customikey said:
I appreciated the creativity of Saruman and Denethor's deaths, but for sheer emotion, I chose Boromir. It was the first time I cared about the character in any form. Didn't really care for him in the books, the cartoon, anything. But those moments where he appeared defeated, and just kept getting up to defend Pippin and Merry, even though he knew he was dead....that really got to me.

I also actually teared up when GTG said, "Fly you fools..." and dropped. Even though, intellectually, I knew he was coming back, it was still very sad and even scary to see the good old man dissappear into the blackness.

The Mouth Of Sauron died too abruptly.

And as much as I like the design for the WitchKing, part of me really wishes we had the flaming Crown from the book. That death could have been protracted a few more seconds as well.

Same here man.... Boromir fighting...falling to his knees,... locking eyes with the Hobbits. Knowing what must be done, he keeps on fighting until he cannot move. It always gets to me....

DarthNeil said:
Try it this way:

-Haldir's death in Two Towers (as his eyes pan over the battle and you see an immortal realizing his own death---powerful)

My only problem with Haldir's death is that elves do not die. well, when compared to humans. I guess I was thinking logically instead of emotionally. AND plus, in the book, that never happens.

congerking said:
My only problem with Haldir's death is that elves do not die. well, when compared to humans. I guess I was thinking logically instead of emotionally. AND plus, in the book, that never happens.

:confused:

Elves are immortal but not invincible. They can be killed.
If you need a canonical example, Sauron killed Gil-Galad in the books.

Back