White actors taking roles from people of color .......(of course)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
67511704.jpg

my question was regaring Bruce, is the hulk its own species?

They had a story arc about Hulk family. Like She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Red Hulk, Thundra, Skaar, Doc Samson, Rick Jones(A-Bomb), etc. But it's Bruce Banner that is what makes the Hulk, The Hulk. One of the multiple personalities within Banner is the World Breaker, the strongest Hulk there is.

Some of those on Ali's list are just characters in stories who were one race but made another. That is happening a lot these days, especially in comic or comic movies. And it goes both ways. Like I said, I could make lists. People can complain, but there's little anyone can do about it, and when they do, they're called racists or whatever. Better to talk with your wallet and let it go.

What happened in the past you can't change, as for the future, there are so many people that are of mixed race and heritage that eventually none of it is going to matter anyway.

Does this even need to be discussed? Most of those movies are decades old (a century even)....the world changes as time goes on, you can choose sit and dwell and be mad about things that happened long ago or move on and add positivity and kindness to the world of today. There much worse things currently going on in the rest of the world than film casting

Does this even need to be discussed? Most of those movies are decades old (a century even)....the world changes as time goes on, you can choose sit and dwell and be mad about things that happened long ago or move on and add positivity and kindness to the world of today. There much worse things currently going on in the rest of the world than film casting

True, you can live for the moment/present but history also repeats itself.

In before the lock, in case, since they deleted The Rocketeer thread, lol.

True, you can live for the moment/present but history also repeats itself.

In before the lock, in case, since they deleted The Rocketeer thread, lol.

Yes I know "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" so don't forget but don't make it a battle cry either, remember and move forward. now, can't we all just be friends and get back to talking about figures?

This was never a thread about figures. If threads can be created for instances when white guys don't get the role, can't a thread be created for when everyone else doesn't? Apparently that is enourmously troubling to some people.

I don't understand this lock business. There is nothing being said in this thread to warrant a lock. There are jibs and jabs mixed with some semi-serious conversation.

Why is it that this site will tolerate lengthy discussion on movies where people basically gripe, piss, moan, and scream discrimination when white guys don't play the traditional role? Some of the crap I read in the ghostbusters thread was a disgrace. And it really revealed the character of many people on this site. But the mods let it ride.

Why is it that so many on this site give a full throated condemnation to discrimation when the white guy doesn't get the role, but when I raise a pervasive, and ONGOING casting practice that general benefits whites (men and women) people get painfully and obviously uncomfortable? All of that racially equality stuff I read in other threads goes right out the window. The champions of equality suddenly go so very Silent.

Back