Which Superman Movie is actually Super?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Which Superman Movie is your favorite Superman movie?

I haven't had an RC Cola in probably 20 years. But damn if I didn't enjoy it the last time I tried!

Ahhhh.... So you don't actually drink it. You had it once decades ago. That explains a lot. You just a have a memory of it being good. You were probably thirsty from walking through Death Valley and on the verge of death. Anything would have tasted good.

If you tried RC again you would realize dish water tastes better.

Re: Which Superman Movie is your favorite Superman movie?

For me its
STM
SR
SII

MOS just didn’t do it for me.

It shows you how badly MoS was received that a poll so close to the film being in theatres would wind up that close. :lecture

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see how a fresh poll would go after the hype has died down. Not that I'm encouraging anyone to start one.

Probably not a whole lot. The people that like MOS are the kinda people that like that over 78' supes, and have that as their definitive supes and (possibly) never cared for the CR movies. And CR fans are as loyal as ever, and nothing will sway them. So i expect it would still be pretty close.

I personally looking back on it, think MOS could've greatly benefited by having the JW score in the movie now while still remaining different. That score has become Superman, and has taken on a life of it's own. And i actually think they should go back to it for pt2. (and should not be afraid to)

Last edited:
I personally looking back on it, think MOS could've greatly benefited by having the JW score in the movie now while still remaining different. That score has become Superman, and has taken on a life of it's own. And i actually think they should go back to it for pt2. (and should not be afraid to)

:lecture Quoted for Truth

There's no iconic music in MoS. Zimmer's score has energy to drive the action scenes but there's no anthem.

You can hum the first bar of JW's Superman score and everyone knows the music. Zimmer has no such theme.

There have been six James Bonds, all of them have shared different arrangements of the Bond theme music.

MOS fans are about to tell you that it wouldn't have fit the tone of MOS. Perhaps they're right. However I question whether it was 'right' to change the tone of Superman to such a degree that something like the JW theme would not fit. Especially if this is to be the beginning of a shared DC universe with characters like Green Lantern and Wonder Woman coming in. How serious do you want to go with fantastical characters like these.

I can think of other composers who could weave the Superman theme into a new music score and have it fit MoS without changing one frame of film.

Peronally the score didn't bother me as much as the cold and grey washed out color scheme. Didn't fit Superman at all.

MOS fans are about to tell you that it wouldn't have fit the tone of MOS. Perhaps they're right. However I question whether it was 'right' to change the tone of Superman to such a degree that something like the JW theme would not fit. Especially if this is to be the beginning of a shared DC universe with characters like Green Lantern and Wonder Woman coming in. How serious do you want to go with fantastical characters like these.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Bottom line. MoS sucked so bad the sequel's now a Batman movie. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

I just can't move past that theme. Any Superman film without it IMO is handicapped from the start.

STAS has a good theme :dunno
Tho never was a fan of just the score since it's still written as a part of a big picture.
AND hearing JW's classic theme in MoS would only aggravate my impression by increasing the regret not watching something good instead.

___
Also STAS > SR > STM > SII >>> MoS

Last edited:
I like this movie the best. I've met this superman on the boulevard.

confessions-of-a-superhero.jpg

Back