Which Nolan Batman film is better of the two?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is better?

• Total voters
Great shots. Consider me proven wrong:gun

Thanks. Eh, don't beat yourself up, I got what you were implying. I agree, both films look different. I still can't tell if Nolan just went back and completely changed Wayne tower, or if that building above is just another one of Wayne's companies.

I thought Nolan incuded enough things from Begins to show that both films are in the same world, and a continuation of the story. Didn't expect the Begins suit, a first for a superhero film (usually there's a new suit for each film), the Batmobile/Tumbler, the mention of Arkham, the mention of Falcone and of course the Scarecrow (another first for these movies).

That said, I didn't like the fact that he got rid of most, if not all of the key elements of Batman. They burned down the Batcave/Wayne Manor (I really want to to see the rebuilt Wayne Manor and the improvements to lower south east corner), completely changed the suit, and destroyed the Batmobile. I hope they didn't get rid of them thinking that it was too corny for their story.

I liked the stylized look of Begins and I see what people mean about it being dropped in Knight. I always assumed that The Dark Knight was just located in a different area of Gotham, and that we didn't see the Narrows because it was heavily used in Begins for Arkham and the ending.

I don't know, I like em both. From the Begins suit to the Dark Knight suit, from Ras to The Joker, from Batman's origin to the Bank Heist, it's all good in my opinion. Where one lacks the other makes up for. It isn't like Batman and Batman Returns, or hell, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin where, between all the different styles and/or casting changes they felt like completely different films with little or no continuity. Even Batman and Batman Returns feel like completely different films to me. That's not the case with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Like I said, I'll take both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. From start to finish they are both equally fantastic. Together and seperately. Still don't understand how people can rank one higher than the other. I was thinking of just voting for Begins but that would feel like a sympathy vote, something Begins does not need. Plus the Dark Knight is basically the same as Begins so I'd feel obligated to vote for it too. Begins established The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight improved on Begins.

There should really be a choice for both.

:rotfl

Last edited:
But TDK doesn't feel like a Batfilm.

It felt like a Batman film to me. Wait a second, what does a "Batfilm" actually supposed to feel like? Hurm.

Which is exactly what a good "Batfilm" is supposed to feel like, IMO.

Crime story + Caped Crusader and crazy villains = Batman.

Yeah exactly. I'm sick of seeing Heat, The Godfather and "crime epic" getting thrown around so often. Seems like a cliche that everybody seems to use after Nolan compared it to it once. The Dark Knight isn't so much a "crime epic" as it is Batman at his best. TDK is what Batman is all about, just like Begins was, and I don't see people hailing Begins as a miraculous "crime epic".

It's BATMAN and THE JOKER, not ^^^^ing "Heat". Some of the similarities people try to convey between the two are gigantic stretches. I can maybe see the Bank Heist and the blue hue theme, but other than that, NO, Heat did not inspire The Dark Knight, Batman did.

Last edited:
I love both. Right now, I'm more excited how Nolan will wrap up what I see would be a great trilogy. I guess I could apply the saying "better than the sum of its parts." Now, exactly what does that mean? I'm kinda illiterate. Someone please help me?

It felt like a Batman film to me. Wait a second, what does a "Batfilm" actually supposed to feel like? Hurm.

Yeah exactly. I'm sick of seeing Heat, The Godfather and "crime epic" getting thrown around so often. Seems like a cliche that everybody seems to use after Nolan compared it to it once. The Dark Knight isn't so much a "crime epic" as it is Batman at his best. TDK is what Batman is all about, just like Begins was, and I don't see people hailing Begins as a miraculous "crime epic".

It's BATMAN and THE JOKER, not ^^^^ing "Heat". Some of the similarities people try to convey between the two are gigantic stretches. I can maybe see the Bank Heist and the blue hue theme, but other than that, NO, Heat did not inspire The Dark Knight, Batman did.

Well, I think there's more similarity to Heat than just the bank robbery and the blue hue. The whole contrast between batman and joker and pacino and deniro is very similar. The whole 'you complete me' theme from the Dark Knight was there in Heat - Its people like Deniro that necessitate people like pacino to exist, and vice versa. Their both freaks, on the opposite extremes.

Not to mentionthey had a sit down face to face discussion about their motivations as well, just like joker and batman in the interrogation scene and then in the final scene when joker explains to batman how 'you won't kill me because of some sense of self rightousness and i won't kill you because your just too much fun'. I can see a lot of that in Heat.

I saw Heat this last weekend after about 5 years, and i could see so much TDK in for the above reasons.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think TDK rips heat off in ANY way. It is just partially inspired from heat though no doubt. And Nolan has said as much himself.

Back