What was your first Star Wars movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 10. The first time I saw it I remember going with some family members who took me to see it at the local Odeon theatre. I remember how it was so much cooler than any other scifi at the time and I was a fairly big Star Trek and Space 1999 fan. The Stormtrooper's were the coolest thing I had ever seen and they're still my favorite character to this day.

What I remember most is how I took the bus myself to see it many times after that. I was 10 years old and I just can't imagine letting my 10 year old daughter go on the bus by herself to see a movie this day and age.

ANH for @ the cinema also,,back then it was one of them huge cinemas with the velvet curtains and all that...
I remember the Que seemed to go on for miles
Ahhhh good times

My first SW was Episode VI RTJ...I was just 5 years old and I don't know how I maneged to persuade my parents to take me to cinema.

It was late 1977, because it took forever for movies to play at the old cinema (Now a Pub) where I lived. I was 6 years old.

I still have my old 1977 Star Wars Marvel annual, which is still in pretty good condition
9828171_1.jpg

I first saw Star Wars in 91 on beta, I was 5. My dad had taped it off t.v but would stop the VCR every time there was a commerical thus making my movie commerical free.

I remember being scared big time by the diganoga.

lmao i remember doin that also,,stopping the tape when the adverts came on,,kinda annoying when you would forget to click off the pause button

I saw IV-VI on VHS probably in the mid 90's. Phantom Menace was the first SW movie i saw in theaters. But i probably watched the tapes 1000 times before that. I even had a SW encyclopedia that i studied religiously.

I was born in 1984. So i missed all the OT theater releases.

My parents finally took me on the one year anniversary of Episode 4 Just Star Wars then. We had no idea there was going to be another. I do remember my mom telling me that it was obvious that Darth Vader survived leaving the door open for more.

Not sure how I missed the thread the first time around, but I saw ANH SE in 97. My cousin went with a friend and told me I'd like it, so I went to see it. The theater was so cold my arms hurt and I had to leave; however, I saw enough to be hooked and insisted my mom buy the movies for me on video, went home and watched the whole trilogy that weekend. And I think I watched it every weekend afterwards for a couple of months. :lol

I have vague memories which comes first. Probably 11 when I caught ANH on VHS with nearly all the boys in my class packed into our living room and I think... not too long later TESB in the cinema. I could remember well I was so depressed after watching TESB, I was not the least prepared for such a sad ending.:mad::lol

i first saw star wars in the cinema in 1977:hi5:.i was 10.i probably watched that movie about 10 times in a cinema,lost count of total amount i have seen that movie.
the others followed in order

I was born at just the right time. :)

1977 i was 7 years old. Star Wars came out and i went to see it at Leicester Square Cinema with my family. I vividly remember that Star Destroyer coming out of nowhere on the screen. What an incredible moment. I fell in love with Princess Leia and Star Wars that night.

I saw ANH first time at 1993 on Czech TV! I was 4 years old and I still remember how I saw it with open mouth! TESB and ROTJ saw on German TV and I really didn't understand what they told, but I watched it, nice pictures :D And TPM I saw of course at Cinema (with daddy, he don't like scifi, so I'm too much now appreciate he came with me!).

First was Episode 1 (UNFORTUNATELY) on VHS....then realised how freaking awesome star wars was then watched the old trilogy on vhs, then episode 2 and 3 when it came out in the cinemas. Am kinda of glad that lucas will re-release the star wars films in 3d because if theres a trilogy marathon in one of the cinemas then am defo going to see the old three on the big screen !

Back