What was your first Star Wars movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw ANH when I was sick off school, my older brother showed me it.... must have been '89.

I saw ANH in the theater with my Dad and teenage cousin. I was 3-4 years old. I really don't remember the movie much, but I do have memories of standing in line to get tickets and drooling over the promo booklet that had all the kenner toys in it. How quickly an obsession starts and never ends. :D

I saw Star Wars when it first came out at the Grauman's Chinese theater and hated every minute of it. Thankfully, I caught it again years later on my small b&w television where it was properly cropped and I loved it.

:D

Gahd, I'm surrounded by children! Are any of you old enough to vote yet? I saw the original film in '77, at the tender age of 17, while visiting my brother in Calif. By the time Empire came out, I had a Vader suit put together and made a few bucks doing appearances for the film( the theatre, Burger King)...PS

Gahd, I'm surrounded by children! Are any of you old enough to vote yet? I saw the original film in '77, at the tender age of 17, while visiting my brother in Calif. By the time Empire came out, I had a Vader suit put together and made a few bucks doing appearances for the film( the theatre, Burger King)...PS

I was about to post the same thing! I saw the original Star Wars in 1977 at the age of 17 (turned 18 later that year). I had already picked up the paperback before the movie ever came out, and when the Marvel comic hit, my two best friends and I all scooped up as many copies as we could find; I think we ended up with over 100 copies between us three and a couple of other friends of my friends. My best friend had a local comic shop at the time, and during the Star Wars frenzy, he was getting $25 a pop for those #1 issues!

Lonnie, wax, you're both a couple of whippersnappers!

I saw Star Wars (none of this "A New Hope" crap back then! ;)) at a drive-in in the summer of '77. I was 20 at the time. After that I think I went back at least 5 times to see it again.

And I've seen every SW film since on their respective release dates (usually at midnight).

I saw Star Wars (now ANH as Robo pointed out:cool:) at the drive in the summer of 77 too. I was only seven though. I had to beg my mom for weeks before she'd take me. I remember seeing the trailer on tv and just tuning out the world, becoming one with the tv trailer for 30 seconds.

ANH - 1977 - 9

Saw it twice a day for two weeks after that. Best film ever.

I saw Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope...when I was 6 years-old on opening day, May 25, 1977...in Clinton, MS near Jackson, MS where I lived at the time. I then saw it at least 9 times after that first time that summer with different relatives. It was the first movie I remember seeing, and has still made the biggest positive influence on my life that a single movie has ever made! :D

Star Wars lives on! I can't wait to see the new animated Clone Wars TV show, and the live-action TV show in the near future!

I dont remeber when it was. I remeber I saw Star wars in the theather, I remember the exact theater and who was there but no idea of the year. I think its either 79 or 81 which would have made me either 4 or 6, I have a feeling it was 79 since I remeber watching ESB when it came out. My dad had a student that got me a VHS copy which was really bad and fuzzy right after it came out somehow I wore that tape out because I watched so many times.

I saw A New Hope when we borrowed the VHS set from a friend down the alley from us that was like 96 or 97, then a few years later Episode I came out. I was like 10 when I saw Star Wars for the first time, born in '88.

I saw Star Wars (it wasn't called ANH yet) at the movies in 1977. I was 7 years old. It was the first time I ever saw lines looping around a movie theater.

I've been told I was taken to ESB as around 2 year old... but I don't remember that. So the first I really remember was seeing ROTJ at a drive in double feature with Wrath of Kahn :rock

Who knew my geekdom would peak at age 5?!?

I was 4 and my dad took me to see Return of the Jedi. That same year he took me to see The Last Starfighter. I have very fond memories of me and my dad going to movies. I seen all of the cool sci fi films with him. Our last movie that we seen together before he passed was Revenge of the Sith.

Back