What was your first Star Wars movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I first saw ROTJ on VHS when I was around 13 or so, and the Special Edition came out later that year, so I saw ANH hope a little after that. The story never really had any surprises because of that, but I still loved it. :cool:

Thats cool that you were able to see the final film before you dad passed away.

I had a friend that was a huge SW fan die before the TPM was released and it always bugged me that he never saw the prequels. Silly really to think about that, but movies can have that importance sometimes.

Thats cool that you were able to see the final film before you dad passed away.

I had a friend that was a huge SW fan die before the TPM was released and it always bugged me that he never saw the prequels. Silly really to think about that, but movies can have that importance sometimes.

Your not kidding. Every once and a while I still tear up when a movie comes on that we had seen together.

I've been told I was taken to ESB as around 2 year old... but I don't remember that. So the first I really remember was seeing ROTJ at a drive in double feature with Wrath of Kahn :rock

Going to the drive-in was the best, that's where I saw ESB. Man, that place had an awesome snack bar.

Yeah, nothing like piling into a car and seeing a movie outdoors. I still like to go to Drive-ins every-so-often. But they are really hard to find anymore :monkey2

Yeah, nothing like piling into a car and seeing a movie outdoors. I still like to go to Drive-ins every-so-often. But they are really hard to find anymore :monkey2

I remember seeing Close Encounters at a Drive-in when I was a kid. Imagine being outside and watching that movie. Talk about being scared!

And I think we all know that Star Wars was not called A New Hope when we originally saw it. :monkey1

I was ten when I saw STAR WARS IN 1977, NOT a New Hope, it was just Star Wars. My dad was always taking me to movies, and I wish he were alive so I could ask him when exactly I started pestering him for SW toys.
Kids today are so lucky to have these cool electronic lightsabers. Back then we had pieces of wood, or maybe the inflatable ones that lasted about ten minutes.

Star Wars 1977,I saw it two times at the theater and I was 5 years old.Life changing experience for all of us thirty and forty somethings wasn't it?:D

Kids today are so lucky to have these cool electronic lightsabers. Back then we had pieces of wood, or maybe the inflatable ones that lasted about ten minutes.

I remember having a pretty cool Darth Vader one that had a hard plastic blade with holes in the top, and when you waved it around, the air going through the holes would make the wooshing sound. My cousin and I beat the crap out of that thing.

Star Wars 1977,I saw it two times at the theater and I was 5 years old.Life changing experience for all of us thirty and forty somethings wasn't it?:D

That is undeniable. And I'm very glad for it. :chew

I was 6 when Star Wars first came out. Had no one to go with me. Begged and pleaded. Saddest point in my life. ESB was the first and what an impress it made when we discover Vader was Luke's father. I didn't get to see Star Wars until I was 11yrs old when they had a doubt feature in the theatre.

Cool thread. Saw SW in '77 in Chicago when I was three. Empire in '80, Traverse City, Michigan, age 6. Jedi in '83, Anchorage, Alaska, age 9. TPM at the Cinerama in Seattle, AOTC digitally projected at Graumann's Chinese in Los Angeles (man it was awesome to see it at such a famous SW theater!), and ROTS in Portland, Oregon. I've lived in a number of places. :D

Well, I saw Jedi first when it was rereleased in.... 1983 or 85 I think? My parents took me to see it and after that I was in love with it, especially the last two. It was a great feeling when the Special Editions came out and gave me the chance to see them all in the theater for the first time, even if they sullied ANH with Han NOT shooting first. :lol

Luckily I was 7 when I saw ANH in the theater in 1977. And when that opening scene came on I was hooked. And I remember going to ROTJ on opening day and all most passing out because it was so crowded in the lobby.

I had the same experience seeing ROTJ on opening day. My little sister was very scared, and my dad was gettting pissed off. It seemed like we were waiting in the packed theater lobby forever.

I was ten when I saw STAR WARS IN 1977, NOT a New Hope, it was just Star Wars. My dad was always taking me to movies, and I wish he were alive so I could ask him when exactly I started pestering him for SW toys.

We had electronic ones, well kinda. Dont you remeber the plastic one with holes to make the sounds as you swing it with a flashlite at the bottom.:lol

ROTJ in the theater, I think I was 5. The Emperor freaked me out! But I think the first SW thing I saw was Luke, the droids and Chewie on the Muppets, which made me beg my parents for the toys.

I remember thinking the Rancor was the coolest thing I'd ever seen (he was under the tree that year) and that the ewoks were awesome (Got the village for my Bday).

And 24 years later my opinions on both have not wavered :rock

I saw Star Wars in 1979 (it did have Episode IV: A New Hope at the top of the scroll) at the Empire Theater in Lewiston, Maine (a one time vaudeville house, since torn down to make a...you guessed it: parking lot) at the tender (and literate) age of 4.

It was my first movie. I got to see Empire Strikes Back one year later (which was my second movie).

I took my niece to see Revenge of the Sith on May 25, 2005, and she was also 4. She's like a daughter to me and it was a strange experience to be the one bringing the 4 year old to see their first Star Wars movie.

Back