What was your first Star Wars movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
What was the first SW movie you ever saw? How old were you? Where did you see it?

I was 11-years-old when I saw ANH in the theaters back in 1977.

I saw ANH at the drive-in in the summer of '77.

I was not quite 6 at the time.

I saw ROTJ in the cinema at the age of 5. Jabba the Hutt scared the crap out of me. I think I had my eyes shut for the first half hour. Loved the ewoks though, Lucas certainly got that right for the younger audience. Wookies would have been cooler now, but I still say ewoks were the right call.

I saw Star Wars ep IV when I was 3 years old in 1977 at the Trolly Theaters (which is now Baies R' Us). Yes, I do remember it. The only memory I have was the probe droid and its big needle and it scared the crap outta me.

Every Christmas after that was a star wars Christmas for the next 9 years. :D

One of my first memorys is yoda lifting the x-wing out of the swamp when i it was on TV. I can remember it because my little brother had just been born and he would not stop crying and according to my mum i ws not very happy that he was interupting the film.

I was 4 years old and it was Return of the Jedi in 1987. Apparently my parents bought the trilogy for my brother to give him something more adult to watch than the Disney movies they had for me, but because they weren't too bad my parents let me watch to and in the end, I was the one the fell in love with them. He liked them, but my obsession changed that quick. From age 4 til I was about 10 or so, those were pretty much the only movies I'd watch when I had to stay home sick from school and such.

Ughhh. I hate to admit this but the first "STAR WARS movie" I ever saw was the Star Wars Holiday Special when it aired the first and last time, I was about 7. Then I saw the ESB a few years later and then ANH. :confused:

I saw ANH first, but ROTJ was the first I saw in theaters since I was born in 79. :emperor

My Mom actually has the ticket stub in her box of memories of my first time in an actual movie theater to watch a movie at age 2. The film? Return of the Jedi. Technically that was my first, the first I remember seeing is Empire Strikes Back at age 5 I think?

1994 I think, I was 6 or 7. They showed all the original trilogy on TV. I have a very distinct memory of Luke in ROTJ for some reason. I loved it, then found out there was new toys coming out in '95...

Luckily I was 7 when I saw ANH in the theater in 1977. And when that opening scene came on I was hooked. And I remember going to ROTJ on opening day and all most passing out because it was so crowded in the lobby.

ANH in the theater in 1977. I was 4 and 1/2 years old. I still remember it.

In 1977 my Dad took me to see Star Wars when I was 3. I remember walking into the theater. The best part of having divorced parents was that my Dad took me to see it and then my Mom, and back and forth until I'd seen it several times.

I also remember my Dad taking me to a small toy store in the city where I bought my first two Star Wars figures. R2-D2 and C3P0. I still have them.
My son plays with them now. This past weekend we spent the morning at DragonCon and my son, Jack, met several members of the 501st and R2D2.

sw-trooper.jpg

sw-point.jpg

SW-jedi.jpg

sw-boobs.jpg

Back