What movie everybody else hates but you love?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you just reminded me of "A Serious Man." I really liked that one, and couldn't find anybody to agree with me on that. Several people said they turned it off halfway through.

I loved " A Serious Man " , everybody I know hated it after I told them to watch it. :lol

Wasn't there a previous thread like this?? Oh well my list is long and distinguished, but here are my top five:
5. Episode I: The Phantom Menace
4. The Resident Evil movies
3. The AVP movies
2. Max Payne
1. The Blade movies

Wasn't there a previous thread like this?? Oh well my list is long and distinguished, but here are my top five:
5. Episode I: The Phantom Menace
4. The Resident Evil movies
3. The AVP movies
2. Max Payne
1. The Blade movies

*removes hairless from xbox live list*

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I know a lot of people think it was simply a bad movie with gigantic leaps in logic, not to mention the changes from the graphic novel. But I thought it was pretty great. The action was intense and fast, the set/character designs and cinematography were great, and I LOVE the scene where they find the record Moriarty left them in the Nautilus with the scene shown like an early movie in B&W slightly sped up with jumps and film distortions.

And King, I LOVE Legend. I remember a behind the scenes show on Nickelodeon hosted by Leonard Nimoy being broadcast at the time of the movie. I was disappointed that the SE DVD didn't come with it. And I'm still torn about what version is better. I grew up with the Tangerine Dream version and seeing Darkness early on, but I can completely see why it would be more dramatic to reveal Darkness later on coming out of the mirror.

Highlander's awesome too! "Why Garfield, cruising for a piece of ass?" My friend and I used to quote it all the time! :lol
(and it was directed by Russel Mulcahy, director of the best Duran Duran videos :monkey3)

Edited to add: Darkmatter has a point. I think Legend and Highlander have stood the test of time and can be at least considered cult classics!

since both are classics, how would you define these as movies everyone else hates?

Classic to a few, utter crap to the masses.

Today ask 50 people at random about either or both films. Most probably wont even know what you're talking about.

I ____ing love that movie! So it doesn't count. U gotta post something else. :lol

I got a couple more.

Coyote Ugly
Mean Girls

Mean Girls was great . . . was it hated? . . I thought it was pretty well received . . Tina Fey was one of the writers . . .

I also love Strangers With Candy . . . and Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters . . .

And King, I LOVE Legend. I remember a behind the scenes show on Nickelodeon hosted by Leonard Nimoy being broadcast at the time of the movie. I was disappointed that the SE DVD didn't come with it. And I'm still torn about what version is better. I grew up with the Tangerine Dream version and seeing Darkness early on, but I can completely see why it would be more dramatic to reveal Darkness later on coming out of the mirror.

Highlander's awesome too! "Why Garfield, cruising for a piece of ass?" My friend and I used to quote it all the time! :lol
(and it was directed by Russel Mulcahy, director of the best Duran Duran videos :monkey3)

Edited to add: Darkmatter has a point. I think Legend and Highlander have stood the test of time and can be at least considered cult classics!

The key word there is cult. They both have a devoted but small fan base. Legend was/is widely panned and Highlander is unknown to most people.

Classic to a few, utter crap to the masses.

Today ask 50 people at random about either or both films. Most probably wont even know what you're talking about.

They take it up the butt then. I didnt hate Legend...someone told me I saw the wrong version...but Highlander is awesome. :rock

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra - I thought the movie was good. Not great, but good. But what really endeared me to the movie was what it did for my son. I have never seen him get so thoroughly in to or enjoy any other movie as much as he did this one. You would think he was living it as a reality as he was watching it. And it was a rare joy to watch him watch the movie.

The key word there is cult. They both have a devoted but small fan base. Legend was/is widely panned and Highlander is unknown to most people.

With several movies including a remake set to release next year and a series that lasted 6 years, although I admit should have only been 5. I don't think it is as unknown as you believe.

I've never seen either.

25pjw46.jpg

Back