what is your favorite Monster?creature movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The old Godzilla and King Kong movies are the monster movies that I would want with me if I were stranded on a deserted island and had no other source of entertainment than a TV and a blu-ray player.

Night of the Lepus.

220px-Nightoflepus.jpg

you'll have to google image search for pics of the monster(s) because I'm too afraid to post them. Terrifying.

LOL...someone else who knows about this movie...that was when the horror genre of movies was exploding out of control.:lol

I know I'll think of more later, but The Thing ('82, of course) and Jeepers Creepers are a couple of my favorite monster movies. Oh, and pretty much all of the classic Universal monster movies.

i guess you could count The Mummy, Mummy Returns
and Van Helsing, the fact that they exist,
even though they are not great movies, I like the first mummy a lot, I have a soft spot for that one,
but I hate Van Helsing

Van Helsing had some pretty awesome designs minus the horrible Frankenstein.

The_Wolfman_from_Van_Helsing.jpg

Van+1.JPG

VanHelsingWolfman.jpg

Love those werewolves.

The Dog Soldiers werewolf design is probably my favorite though. I like how they're more slender/skinny, but I wish they had more fur and a more demonic face like the Van Helsing versions.

Dog Soldiers...perfect werewolf body:

werewolves2.jpg

dog+soldiers+wolf.jpg

God I love werewolves. :monkey2

I really ____ing hate how every werewolf today is just...a wolf. Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood...what the hell? Do they think REAL werewolves are too ugly/scary and not "sexy" enough?
I've always found the true werewolf design to be very elegant and appealing... :dunno

Van Helsing had some pretty awesome designs minus the horrible Frankenstein.

The_Wolfman_from_Van_Helsing.jpg

Van+1.JPG

VanHelsingWolfman.jpg

Love those werewolves.

The Dog Soldiers werewolf design is probably my favorite though. I like how they're more slender/skinny, but I wish they had more fur and a more demonic face like the Van Helsing versions.

Dog Soldiers...perfect werewolf body:

werewolves2.jpg

dog+soldiers+wolf.jpg

God I love werewolves. :monkey2

I really ____ing hate how every werewolf today is just...a wolf. Twilight, Vampire Diaries, True Blood...what the hell? Do they think REAL werewolves are too ugly/scary and not "sexy" enough?
I've always found the true werewolf design to be very elegant and appealing... :dunno

that is one of the reasons I loved the Wolman Remake, because of the wolf, I really love that movie,

I love Werewolves as much as you do

and, the Dog Soldier toys are pretty cheap on ebay, I saw one for like 13 bucks, that is a pretty good buy if you like werewolves

the ending of cabin in the Woods is one of the most amazing endings to a movie ever... just amazing creatures,

I don't know if this could count for this thread or not?
NB4X_Onesheet.jpg

I guess there is also
The Fly
Ghostbusters
the Narnia movies
The Mist

Last edited:
that is one of the reasons I loved the Wolman Remake, because of the wolf, I really love that movie,
The one with Anthony Hopkins? That was a pretty terrible movie. :lol

In my head there's the Werewolf...and then the Wolfman. I consider them different creatures.

I never understood the appeal of a hairy man with claws and long legs TBH..

When I think of Werewolf, I imagine a bipedal, demonic wolf.

ginger snaps, dog soldier and underworld werewolves/lycan designs really like. i hope to own a furry figure one day of that detail...planet of the apes by HT was a good start.

I must admit I have not watched any of the Godzilla movies or Japanese monster movies because I really don't now where to begin

If you like "darker" monster films, watch these: (these are in chronological order, but you can watch them anyway you wish)

Gojira (original japanese Godzilla movie)
Rodan
Mothra vs. Godzilla (or known as Godzilla vs the Thing)
War of the Gargantuans
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Godzilla vs the Smog Monster
Godzilla 1985 (or Return of Godzilla)
Godzilla vs Destroyah
GMK

For campy monster fun:
King Kong vs Godzilla
Ghidrah the three headed monster
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Mecha Godzilla
Terror of Mecha Godzilla
the rest of the hesei Godzilla series (Biollante, King Ghidorah ('92), Mecha Godzilla '93, but Space Godzilla is terrible)
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla X Megaguirus
Godzilla Tokyo SOS

If you like "darker" monster films, watch these: (these are in chronological order, but you can watch them anyway you wish)

Gojira (original japanese Godzilla movie)
Rodan
Mothra vs. Godzilla (or known as Godzilla vs the Thing)
War of the Gargantuans
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Godzilla vs the Smog Monster
Godzilla 1985 (or Return of Godzilla)
Godzilla vs Destroyah
GMK

For campy monster fun:
King Kong vs Godzilla
Ghidrah the three headed monster
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Mecha Godzilla
Terror of Mecha Godzilla
the rest of the hesei Godzilla series (Biollante, King Ghidorah ('92), Mecha Godzilla '93, but Space Godzilla is terrible)
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla X Megaguirus
Godzilla Tokyo SOS

oh thank you thank you! :yess: :hi5: :goodpost:

Ill watch the list

Back