what is your favorite Monster?creature movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godzilla. All of them (no, not the American crap).

:lecture This

Alien
Predator
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Dragonslayer (the 1981 film)
The Relic (Kathoga)
Jurrassic Park (1 and 2)
Silent Hill (pyramid head, nurses, janitor)
The Thing (Both versions)
Resident Evil movies (Licker, Nemesis, Tyrants)
Deep Rising (crazy octopus monster)
POTC: Dead Mans Chest (Kraken and Davy Jones' crew)
Clash of the Titans (both) (Kraken, Scorpions, Medusa etc...)
Anything Ray Harryhausen (lots)
Tremors (graboids)

So many I can't remember at the moment. Ill probably be adding a few to this list

Last edited:
From a design point, again gotta go with the pred, Hes just so original! I mean hes got a downstairs for a face!!! Thats pretty damn creative! Second tho is this guy:

Cloverfield3.jpg

then this: :)

10246032_gal.jpg

Favorite non-human creature designs?

Predator
Alien
American Godzilla
Draco from Dragonheart
Dog Soldiers werewolves

Can't think of any others...

:monkey2 :monkey2
so there are not that many cool creature/monster movies, :(

I think we have named most of them, I Was hoping there were more that I didn't know about

:monkey2 :monkey2
so there are not that many cool creature/monster movies, :(

I think we have named most of them, I Was hoping there were more that I didn't know about

Dude check out Japanese monster movies if you like kaiju films. There are many gems even if you don't get involved with the Godzilla series.

Rodan
Mothra
King Kong Escapes
War of the Garguantians
the whole gamera series
the Ultraman series
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Varan the Unbelievable

endless amounts of monsters.

The thing!!!!!

Carpenters version ofcourse. The 2011 film was still pretty good; shame they used ____ CGI and didnt go for the animatronics route.

Night of the Lepus.

220px-Nightoflepus.jpg

you'll have to google image search for pics of the monster(s) because I'm too afraid to post them. Terrifying.

The thing!!!!!

Carpenters version ofcourse. The 2011 film was still pretty good; shame they used ____ CGI and didnt go for the animatronics route.

They did. But the audience didn't like them, so they changed them.

there is even an amazing behind the scenes clip at the amazing animatronics

[ame]https://youtu.be/fBzpT7VmSaU[/ame][ame]https://youtu.be/gHyYRd0uTRk[/ame]

just Looking at this is already 100 times better than the movie itself...:slap:slap

stupid A__holes that audience was

Dude check out Japanese monster movies if you like kaiju films. There are many gems even if you don't get involved with the Godzilla series.

Rodan
Mothra
King Kong Escapes
War of the Garguantians
the whole gamera series
the Ultraman series
Frankenstein Conquers the World
Varan the Unbelievable

endless amounts of monsters.

I must admit I have not watched any of the Godzilla movies or Japanese monster movies because I really don't now where to begin

They did. But the audience didn't like them, so they changed them.

Thats because audiences are spastic. As hilarious as Windows rag-blow up doll death is, id rather have the animatronics over the daft CGI we had. Some of it was so, so obvious it took you out the film. 82 worked because the horror was looking at a real object, not falsifying CGI.

I heard about the original ending too; where there was the alien from the spaceship the Thing assimilated and how they were collecting specimins from each planet before Thing attacked it.

Back