What Dioramas do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe I have any interest in de diorama line but the one piece I would order is Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth (which should have been made in de WETA line btw) facing of the 9 Ringwraiths.
Prolly never gonna happen (think of what the size of 10 horses, even 1/9th scale, would be) but it would be the piece I would buy.

Many (if not most) have already been wished for, but I'm gonna list mine anyway:
Entmoot with Merry & Pip on Treebeard
Aragorn vs. Lurtz
Gandy vs. WK
Eowyn vs. WK (chopped off head of fellbeast as exclusive)
Flaming Denethor over prone Faramir on pyre
Line of elves on ramparts at Helms Deep, ready with their bows
Pippin vs. rocks falling (heh..)
Theoden knocking Grima down the Edoras steps
Wizard duel in Orthanc
Grima stabbing Saruman
Fellowship in line cresting the hill
Frodo and Gandy in cart at Hobbitton
Hobbitton (with Party Tree)
Gimli kneeling and weeping at tomb of Balin
Lothlorien with
Grey Havens
Imladris with Council of Elrond convened
Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom
Eagles rescuing Sam & Frodo
Frodo on edge of Cracks of Doom holding out the Ring with Gollum sneaking up behind
Entrance to Mines of Moria with Watcher watching from his pool

I'm sure the reality will be limited, and they may already have the slate of offerings firmed up .... but we can dream.

tomandshell said:
I try to show respect to collectors no matter what their interests. I prefer the PFs, others prefer the 12" figures, and others prefer polystones statues, busts and dioramas. We can make room for all types of collectors here.

But there also comes a time when all true collectors must set aside their differences and unite in order to mock the people who buy bobbleheads.

Damn Bobleheads!! :lol

tomandshell said:
Here's my collectible food chain:

1/4 Scale PF > Polystone Statue/Diorama > 12" Figure > Mini Bust > Bobblehead

Or how about this...

Bronze > Mixed Media > Polystone > Plastic with Fabric > Cheap Plastic !!! :rotfl

When some of you guys/gals are picking Dios you want, please use a scene from the movie as an example. Thanks:frodo

I'm pretty excited about this, I don't care for the 12" and they haven't made a PF of a character I really like, and since I just got done reading Two Towers again I really need a LOTR fix.

Balrog vs Gandalf is a MUST
Cave Troll vs Fellowship a MUST
Arwen w/Frodo chased by Ringwraiths is a MUST
Witchking on FellBeast against Gandalf or Theoden
and then so many classic scenes....:monkey5

I want Gollum beating the **** outta that fish at the forbidden pool, and he needs a voice chip so he can sing the song as well.

Bannister said:
I want Gollum beating the **** outta that fish at the forbidden pool, and he needs a voice chip so he can sing the song as well.
:lol But we kind of have two figs already with Gollum holding the fish.
How about a hurt Gollum following Sam and Frodo after Faramir threw him against the wall? That would make an amazing scenery with the half-destroyed city of osgilliath.

Okay, assuming these are environments with characters in them (and not mainly characters interacting, like the Marvel VS. pieces), here are a few other ideas:

Rivendell (with the Council, or with Aragorn and Arwen on the bridge);
Lothlórien (with Galadriel and Celeborn receiving the Fellowship);
Entmoot (with at least three Ents and the two Hobbits);
The Court of the White Tree (with the guards, Denethor and the wounded Faramir);
Sammath Naur (the Cracks of Doom, with Frodo, Gollum, and Sam).

Of course, most of these would have to be smaller than 1/9 scale...

Here are a few ideas to throw out there (forgive me if they've already been mentioned):

- Morgul Lord on Fell beast, holding up the flaming sword, versus Gandalf (and Pip) in Minas Tirith.

- The four hobbits hiding by the side of the road as the Ringwraith is "sniffing" them out.

- Frodo finishing up his writing the book, "The Lord of the Rings", at his desk inside Bag Ends.

- Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, fighting back to back to back. Would make a nice piece to view from different angles.

- Sam, Frodo and Gollum climbing the long stairs to Shelob's lair.

- Gandalf riding on the back of the eagle, Gwaihir.

- Frodo placing the ring on the stone pedestal at Rivendel.

- a re-release of the ss/weta Orthanc statue... :monkey3

Last edited:
FlyAndFight said:
- a re-release of the ss/weta Orthanc statue... :monkey3

NOT!!! :orthanc :orthanc :orthanc :orthanc :orthanc :D

(Although a full Ring of Isengard would be nice, or a -- dare I say it? -- diorama of the Ents destroying its walls and Orcs...)

FlyAndFight said:
- The four hobbits hiding by the side of the road as the Ringwraith is "sniffing" them out.

I'd like to see it as well but as I'm sure you already know, it has been done as a weta wall plaque done by none other than Virginia Lee, Alan Lee's Daughter:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=lotre&item=9801R#jpgs

I definitely would like to see the scene recreated in full 3 dimensional color.

9801R_01.jpg

Back