What Dioramas do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that Argonath diorama they had the prototype of but never produced.

Not much interest in dioramas here. I like to make my own.

Statues in general bug me. No posing, no clothing, and the CONSTANT fear in the back of your mind that it'll get scratched, chipped, or broken. Which it inevitably will. And then you're all like, "Damn! Now I have to fix it or get it replaced!!" Woe betide the poor fool who invited friends over who then proceed to trash is Grey Hulk. Woe.

Customikey said:
Not much interest in dioramas here. I like to make my own.

Statues in general bug me. No posing, no clothing, and the CONSTANT fear in the back of your mind that it'll get scratched, chipped, or broken. Which it inevitably will. And then you're all like, "Damn! Now I have to fix it or get it replaced!!" Woe betide the poor fool who invited friends over who then proceed to trash is Grey Hulk. Woe.
Huh?

Look, there's nothing wrong with preferring 12" action figures over statues, but most of the concerns you listed here are just a bit silly. No one who recognizes the difference between action figures and statues should ever experience the problems you imagined (unless they are careless, clumsy, or the victim of some natural disaster). I have close to a hundred pieces on display in my house right now, and none have been been cracked, chipped or broken. They remain safely on their shelves. Friends look at them, but they don't touch them.

I just received the Gentle Giant Royal Guard statue this week, and they glued his stupid head on crooked. This is one time when I wish it were adjustable so I could fix his head and have it pointing straight up. I am about to chip it by throwing it against the wall. He looks drunk.

DannieDarKo said:

I think what Mikey is really trying to say is that you have created fire and all the little female emoticons are whispering flirtatious comments about you.
:monkey5

Interesting. How can you tell they're females?

DannieDarKo said:
Because the top two emoticons are smiling at them maybe.... :dunno
Works for me! :D

And CM, don't take anything I said too personally. Everyone here knows that in the 12" figure world, you are a god among men. Your customs are among the best I've ever seen. You just need to "diversify" a little, and give at least one of these dioramas a shot. C'mon, you know you want to!

I still prefer statues/poly pieces over 1/6th but both are awesome. No need to diss either format.

tomandshell said:
Here's my collectible food chain:

1/4 Scale PF > Polystone Statue/Diorama > 12" Figure > Mini Bust > Bobblehead

Ooh, can we diss the "Bobblehead format" please?

Oh, and thanks Robo. I didn't take it personally at all. :cool:

I try to show respect to collectors no matter what their interests. I prefer the PFs, others prefer the 12" figures, and others prefer polystones statues, busts and dioramas. We can make room for all types of collectors here.

But there also comes a time when all true collectors must set aside their differences and unite in order to mock the people who buy bobbleheads.

I would also love a diorama of Gandalf the White's appearance to Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. That could be a beautiful display.

But will the likenesses be more akin to the Weta line or the 1/6 figures? I'm curious.........

tomandshell said:
But there also comes a time when all true collectors must set aside their differences and unite in order to mock the people who buy bobbleheads.
A common cause!

Collectors United Against Bobbleheads!

:chew

pssst... Please pay no attention to the Jack Sparrow bobblehead looking over my shoulder as I type this, ...mmkay? :D

Back