What Dioramas do you want most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
Also, I am not sure if it has been mentioned before, but what is the scale of the "No admittance" bookend? Is it also 1/9?
The bookends are much smaller than 1/9th scale. They are closer to 1/18th. Bilbo stands a mere 2 1/4 inches tall in that one, and Gandalf is only about 3 3/4 (not including his hat). A 1/9th scale figure would be roughly twice the height of the bookend figures.

But again, Sideshow clearly stated that not all of the dioramas will be 1/9th scale, so I really don't understand why everyone is so fixated on that scale.

Hmm...

Looking at my bookends, I'm not sure I would want too many hobbit dioramas if Sideshow has said that they are all going to be 1/9 scale, without exception.

Just kidding!! If we are talking twice the height of the bookends minimum, then I think we could see some nice pieces in this new line. If they really aren't tied into a particular scale then hobbit only pieces could be closer to 1/7 or 1/6 and end up looking pretty great. They will probably all be a relative size rather than scale--a similar concept to the Legendary Scale bust line.

tomandshell said:
If they really aren't tied into a particular scale then hobbit only pieces could be closer to 1/7 or 1/6 and end up looking pretty great.
I remember some really intelligent person saying the same thing in this very thread.:D

tomandshell said:
Hmm...

Looking at my bookends, I'm not sure I would want too many hobbit dioramas if Sideshow has said that they are all going to be 1/9 scale, without exception.
dilbert_fist_of_death.jpg

;)

Bannister said:
I remember some really intelligent person saying the same thing in this very thread.:D

I have gone back and checked, and it appears that you are correct:

DannieDarKo said:
It says the scale will vary. I am willing to bet if they do a hobbit only piece it could be in 1/6 scale...

Man Tom Why not just copy the whole LOTR Series in your post.

As for my list:

-Bridge of Kazadum (Gandalf Vs Balrog)
-Arwen against the Ringwriaths with the River horses
-Lurtz VS Boromir or Aragorn
-Treebeard with Hobbits on his shoulders
-Nine Cresting the Hilltop
-Mouth of Sauron at the gate vs Elessar
-Sauron VS Isildur (opening scene)
-Uruk-hai on rock at Helm's Deep
-Pelennor fields (Eowyn vs Morgul Lord)
-Frodo and Sam making out
-Sauron Lossing his contact lens

Guess I wrote my own book...

I personally want Gandalf the Grey lying on the mountainside after he has defeated the Balrog with the exclusive being a reborn naked Gandalf the White. Please Sideshow make my dream come true.
:gandalf :gandalf_w

tomandshell said:
Well, I don't know about you, but if I saw a post that long I would probably just ignore it. I thought that's what you might have done.

:D
I read the whole thing Tom. I know, you're shocked I can read aren't you.

tomandshell said:
I'm sorry, Bannister--were you saying something?

I was busy thinking about reborn naked Gandalf.
The idea is captivating isn't it. If they only could have shown us "more" in that scene. Hopefully a diorama will rectify that.

Every time I watch The Two Towers and it gets to the part where Gandalf stands before Theoden and we get that shot from the rear where he dramatically throws off his cloak, there is a part of me that hopes to see that Gandalf is nekkid underneath. Maybe we will get to see that on the anniversary edition DVD blooper reel.

(Sometimes I feel bad that Dave actually has to go through and read every one of these useless posts...)

tomandshell said:
Every time I watch The Two Towers and it gets to the part where Gandalf stands before Theoden and we get that shot from the rear where he dramatically throws off his cloak, there is a part of me that hopes to see that Gandalf is nekkid underneath. Maybe we will get to see that on the anniversary edition DVD blooper reel.

(Sometimes I feel bad that Dave actually has to go through and read every one of these useless posts...)
Actually just seeing The actual Two Towers gets me going. Mmmmmmmmmm, Orthanc.:orthanc :orthanc :orthanc :orthanc :orthanc

Back