What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
World War Z is AWESOME!!! One of my all time favorites. My wife sent me 2 books while i'm out on business. DAy by Day Armageddon by JL Bourne is a must read for Zombie fans. It's written in a journal form and gets really intense about a third of the way in.
That sounds very cool. I haven't heard of it before. I'm going to look into getting that.

I just finished this about a week ago... what an awesome book! Really was impressed with how much breadth of story telling the author was able capture. After I finished I gave it to my wife and she loved it too :rock

Currently I'm restarting the Dark Tower series... I read up to book four when I was younger (before 5-7 were released) so now I need to re-read the first 4 and then finish the series.

So far I'm really enjoying the Gunslinger... its probably been at least 10 or 12 years since I read it; so now its almost new to me.

It really is a great book, and so detailed it's nuts.

And I too need to finish the Dark Tower. I have read up to book 3, but never got past that point... I really want to get the rest of the books so I can finish the story.

I've been wanting to read the Dark Tower series for awhile, they sound like good books. But I've never read anything by King and they seem to be very linked into his other works. Aaaaand I'm a chicken ^^^^ and I don't wanna have nightmares...

I just started the third Peter Pan prequel by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson. They're fun reads.

That sounds very cool. I haven't heard of it before. I'm going to look into getting that.

Yeah man it's totally bad ass man! If you like Zombie Horror (that's about all I read these days) then you'll love it. Another really good one is Patient Zero. That's a really good one too. The Gunslinger series is totally top notch. It's probably top 3 for King stuff IMO.

Yeah man it's totally bad ass man! If you like Zombie Horror (that's about all I read these days) then you'll love it. Another really good one is Patient Zero. That's a really good one too. The Gunslinger series is totally top notch. It's probably top 3 for King stuff IMO.
I've actually seen Patient Zero in Borders and almost got it. I have a feeling I'm going to start really getting into zombie books. :lol

I've been wanting to read the Dark Tower series for awhile, they sound like good books. But I've never read anything by King and they seem to be very linked into his other works. Aaaaand I'm a chicken ^^^^ and I don't wanna have nightmares...

I just started the third Peter Pan prequel by Dave Barry & Ridley Pearson. They're fun reads.

I don't remember the Dark Tower books (at least the 4 I read) being scary... but its a very interesting story. The Gunslinger (which I just finished) is not scary at all.

And its not a series that you need to be familiar with other King works to appreciate... but once you've read others, some recurrent themes do pop out at you.

Also, just ordered "The Complete Chronicles of Conan" which I'm very excited about and "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters" for the wife. She enjoyed "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" (which I couldn't get into) so I got her this one as well.

I just finished Aliens vs. Predator: Prey

What an awesome book!!! :rock
The story is great, exciting and really edge of your seat like stuff.
It also provides us more background information on both Predators and Aliens without butchering the legacy the original movies have given us.

If only the AVP movies were more like this book, I think they would have been much, much better!

Definitely a book I'll be reading again sometime!!! :rock :rock

Still in the middle of Watchmen. I'm just going into Rorsarch's story. I love that guy. :lol I'm really liking it. First graphic novel I've read that comes off as an actual book.

Just finished World War Z, such a kick ass read :rock :rock :rock

Not what I was expecting! Very well done. Author should get a BJ every morning for writing such a kick ass and fresh zombie book!!!!

Finished reading The Five Greatest Warriors the other day; 10/10! Just like 7AW and 6SS..........MR does it again! Just have to wait another bloody 2 years until his next one! :lol

Finished reading The Five Greatest Warriors the other day; 10/10! Just like 7AW and 6SS..........MR does it again! Just have to wait another bloody 2 years until his next one! :lol

I can't wait the two more months I have to read this one! :lol

Just started reading Scarecrow last night.

Just a heads-up for anyone interested....Stephen Kings's new novel "Under the Dome" is only $9.00 on Amazon right now if you preorder it. Not a bad price for a 1000 page book.

I finished reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown last week. I've read all of his books thus far and they are definately OK books but this final book is AWFUL!! I would not recommend this book to anyone.

The problem is he has SO much going on that nothing gets the attention it needs. It just seemed like he had lots of ideas for McGuffins and theories and he couldn't choose which he liked the most so he just put them all in the book.

This is the first book I've ever read that I just didn't want to finish and when I did finish it I felt cheated and wanted my money back.

It's shameful, but I've only just got round to finishing Unseen Academicals, and it was excellent, I'd suggest it to anyone to read!

I'm still reading Dune. I didn't like it at first, but am absolutely LOVING it now. Just need to find the time to finish it.

The Aenid by Virgil because I'm tragically bored out of my wits currently...
32.gif

I finished reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown last week. I've read all of his books thus far and they are definately OK books but this final book is AWFUL!! I would not recommend this book to anyone.

The problem is he has SO much going on that nothing gets the attention it needs. It just seemed like he had lots of ideas for McGuffins and theories and he couldn't choose which he liked the most so he just put them all in the book.

This is the first book I've ever read that I just didn't want to finish and when I did finish it I felt cheated and wanted my money back.

My dearest brother love all his novels. I think they're horrible. I found them repetitive!:huh

Right now I am reading the Saga of Seven Suns series by Kevin J Anderson. I am almost done with Book 2: A Forest of Stars. I am really digging this series right now but unfortunately it is a 7 book series so I have a ways to go. Very detailed and cool universe he has created. Probably the next best thing to Star Wars in terms of an epic science fiction space saga.

Back