What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got that one on my list too, Something. Glad to hear its good. There's another Sci-Fi series I've been reading that I've enjoyed immensely, it's The Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell. I think there are five books out so far and the final one (I think) is to come.

I've got that one on my list too, Something. Glad to hear its good. There's another Sci-Fi series I've been reading that I've enjoyed immensely, it's The Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell. I think there are five books out so far and the final one (I think) is to come.

Excellent I may have to check that out..whenever I get done with this one. Haha.

I've been a Wheel of Time fan and while waiting for the final (but now first of three final books) to be released I stumbled upon Brandon Sanderson's Elantris. Enjoyed the book a lot, although it's very political for a fantasy. But completely at random I then learned that Sanderson is who was chosen to continue to Wheel of Time after Robert Jordan's death. Just got the GAthering Storm, the first of the final WoT books.

And its not a series that you need to be familiar with other King works to appreciate... but once you've read others, some recurrent themes do pop out at you.

Once you get to Wolves of the Calla, having read Salem's Lot will add a lot to it. It's not necessary, but you may feel something's missing if you haven't. The Stand and It both figure significantly into the later books as well.

I read up to the sixth book and then got sidetracked, so I'm also stuck having to read them all again if I want to read the seventh. Not including The Dark Tower, my favorite has been Wizard & Glass.

I read up to the sixth book and then got sidetracked, so I'm also stuck having to read them all again if I want to read the seventh. Not including The Dark Tower, my favorite has been Wizard & Glass.

Or you could just read the wiki on the first 6 books to give a refresher.

So to get the full experience of the Dark Tower series I should read Salem's Lot, The Stand, and It? Any others? Don't know if I'll actually read them, but it's good to know in case I ever stop being a chicken ^^^^ and give it a try.

I would, but if you're chicken ^^^^, there's no way you'll make it through Salem's Lot or It. ;)

Haha, ouch.

Just finished Forest of Stars, going to take a break from the Saga of the Seven Suns and read World War Z because people won't shut up about it so I have to see what the hype is all about.

Just finished World War Z, such a kick ass read :rock :rock :rock

Not what I was expecting! Very well done. Author should get a BJ every morning for writing such a kick ass and fresh zombie book!!!!

Very true :lecture

Just got this... never read any of the original Conan stories :rock

gollancz-chroniclesofconan.jpg

Very true :lecture

Just got this... never read any of the original Conan stories :rock

gollancz-chroniclesofconan.jpg

GB ur such a nerdy fanboy! :lol:lol

But aren't we all!!!

Well...I just finished Brave Story by Miyuki Miyabe, It was pretty cool....lots of adventures!!:

BraveStory.jpg

I'm about to start Airman by Eoin Colfer...I've heard so much about this author, but never picked up any of his books.... this ones my first, so fingers crossed!

n238380.jpg

Not a big fan of Artemis Fowl after reading the first book. But he wrote the new sequel to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'll probably pick that up soon.

I'm reading Illuminated by Matt Bronleewe. It's pretty good so far, I think this is his first novel and there have been a few "missteps" so far, but nothing unforgiveable, so far at least.

Conan The Freelancer:
Conan versus sharkmen and Lizard people on a quest to help a village of tree people reclaim a magical seed!
Worst. Conan. Novel. Ever.
Robert E. Howard isn't merely rolling over in his grave, he's clawing through the roof of his casket and making his way through the mud atop his grave, and when he does, he's going to hunt down the "author" of this crap, Steve Perry, and drag him to the hell that no doubt spawned his mediocre writing abilities.

As of just now I am 98 pgs in to Dearly Devoted Dexter and am loving it as I knew I would. I am glad I got into the show before the books because it paints a pic for me when reading the characters. And I also hear Michael C. Hall in my head as Dexter's voice. :lol

Just finished Airman! It was good, can't wait to see how they adapt this into a movie. I'm gonna take Agents suggestion and pick up Artemis Fowl next!

Back