What are the chances of an IM PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spartan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dunno if this has been posted before but with so many IM products released recently it got me thinking.
What are the chances of Sideshow releasing a Premium Format Iron Man?
I mean one that stands tall, no particular "dynamic" pose (like the cinemaquette) but with all the details and shiny goodness of a PF.
I've heard people mention that SS is holding on until the bust ships?

Dunno if this has been posted before but with so many IM products released recently it got me thinking.
What are the chances of Sideshow releasing a Premium Format Iron Man?
I mean one that stands tall, no particular "dynamic" pose (like the cinemaquette) but with all the details and shiny goodness of a PF.
I've heard people mention that SS is holding on until the bust ships?

I think the issue is, what would be "premium" about the statue. PF's all have mixed media. So what would the mixed media be for an IM PF? Actual metal? IDK, i guess Sideshow could think of something....

I think the issue is, what would be "premium" about the statue. PF's all have mixed media. So what would the mixed media be for an IM PF? Actual metal? IDK, i guess Sideshow could think of something....

That's the key question. Unless they wanted to make the armor plates out of real metal, there is no other medium that can realistically be added to an Iron Man 'PF'.

Does it really matter what label they put on the product? If it represents the character, isn't that what matters?

Well....they could in theory make the base mixed media as they did for the CFTBL and still call it a PF. Although the safe money is that all Iron Man pieces will be Comiquettes in reality. I'm sure they'll be another, probably a film based and a Silver Age look but I wouldn't count on them rehashing the Adi armored version anytime soon, the Extremis look isn't even like that any more in the books and if they redid a Modern Iron Man it'd still look different.

a simple light would make it premium....just make it 20 inches tall and we have a winner. It will sell out in 2 minutes vs. 8 minutes.

a simple light would make it premium....just make it 20 inches tall and we have a winner. It will sell out in 2 minutes vs. 8 minutes.

I'm sure it would sell out! I don't think it's as hard to make it more premium as the rest are thinking... Maybe might cost more though...

Would be cool but can think of many characters I would like to see done first, eg. Apoc, Thanos, Colossus, Daredevil, Doctor Ock, Silver Surfer, Sabretooth and so on.....

Enough IM, time to move on.

Would be cool but can think of many characters I would like to see done first, eg. Apoc, Thanos, Colossus, Daredevil, Doctor Ock, Silver Surfer, Sabretooth and so on.....

I do agree there as well, man Thanos, Colossus, Silver Surfer and Daredevil and I'll be living out of a box!

I think the mixed media thing is easy to sort out. The armour could be metal or polystone painted as metal and then the eyes and the heart are a different material (maybe with lights), what i mean is, it doesn't necessarily have to have fabric material on it.
I think an MK3 and MK2 PF would sell out like crazy. I have also seen an MK1 in a video with Stan, but that was a prototype for the movie. If SS brought out something like that though people would go IronMania Mad again...

I think the mixed media thing is easy to sort out. The armour could be metal or polystone painted as metal and then the eyes and the heart are a different material (maybe with lights), what i mean is, it doesn't necessarily have to have fabric material on it.

Doing so would be a confession of failure for the PF.

I just hope they make a silver age Iron Man. PF or comiquette, i don't care as long as it's 1/4 scale.

I agree! I think IM had been visited enough (for now) with the comiquettes and the 1:1 bust. Other characters need more attention :D

Oh I couldn't even imagine the madness!!!

*kids fallin down, parents pull each other, grown men fisting, stampeded on the ground...

i wonder why no one has asked, what are the chances of a Wolverine PF? Magneto PF?

Back