WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

I didn't recall him selling loose uniforms. Can't imagine I wouldn't have bought some.
Don't know what happened with SFM selling their Trek sculpts. I'll have to get ahold of them again and ask.

I think Nanjin had some priority list for those who had signed up so we could choose. If I remember correctly, the uniform sets-only was a more limited release.
And thinking back, I would've also ordered an extra set of the uniforms for safe-keeping.

Speaking of which, where is Nanjin?

Allow me to provide a bit of trivia on the uniform shirts.The original shirts were made of velour(see"The Making of Star Trek", by Steven Whitfield and Roddenberry), because"it looked good on camera".Unfortunately, it also shrank every time it was washed, meaning that new shirts were required roughly every 2 weeks. I believe the fabric was replaced for the 3rd season, but I couldn't tell you with what...
Spenser's wrap tunic is very definitely green(a bright olive).The blue is a very good match for the original shirts I've seen(Trek Exhibit, Air&Space Museum, 1993)....
Sometimes you just gotta let the gloat out...PS

Velvet/velor is quite bulky so this will not be used. It's to thick and will look like they are wearing sweaters and kinda like crafty child's project. From what i read the velour was used for a few episodes and then was restricted to advertisment. I know because it was hard to see rand's stitching because it was valour. her outfit will be made of a soft hand fabric. the that fabric used was double knit at
that time called dacron.

dacron came in two types a smooth surfice and pique (patterned up close)

Just wonderin' what' happening? No posts since January? Is there some kind of double digit limit to the number of pages?

Tom

All the cool stuff is happening on Spenser's thread...PS

Sorry for the lack of updates. We have been really busy behind the scenes streamlining our business model and how we are going to proceed for making new heads in the future and what we are doing with certain lines.

Each series will be a bit different as far as what we are going to do and we will roll out and post the changes show by show as we have something to debut. The biggest over-all change will not be keeping heads in catalog but only making them available for a limited run.

Smiling Kirk will be the first head we do this with. I am awaiting the QC cast copy to see how he is. Once released, besides the pre-orders, we will offer perhaps ten more then close his availability.

More info in a few weeks.

Sorry for the lack of updates. We have been really busy behind the scenes streamlining our business model and how we are going to proceed for making new heads in the future and what we are doing with certain lines.

Each series will be a bit different as far as what we are going to do and we will roll out and post the changes show by show as we have something to debut. The biggest over-all change will not be keeping heads in catalog but only making them available for a limited run.

Smiling Kirk will be the first head we do this with. I am awaiting the QC cast copy to see how he is. Once released, besides the pre-orders, we will offer perhaps ten more then close his availability.

More info in a few weeks.

Wow! That is quite an update - I'm excited to see pics of the QC copy, been wanting this head for awhile! Any word on how uniforms are progressing?

I was wondering what the status of the Trek uniforms is. I've been working on painting my Kirk head and it is going slow. Between the captain's chair and the painting, I don't need uniforms yet, but will soon.

Any news would be appreciated.

Tom

I was wondering what the status of the Trek uniforms is. I've been working on painting my Kirk head and it is going slow. Between the captain's chair and the painting, I don't need uniforms yet, but will soon.

Any news would be appreciated.

Tom

Hey Tom,
As you may or may not know from our past posts here or in other threads, dealing with seamstresses/tailors is the bane of our existence as a studio because they tend to be very unreliable or so damn slow. We try many out and usually have fine relationships with them, yet still they eventually respond less and less until they just stop replying at all without ever having started their projects that they've had the materials for for months, and unusually with with having been paid partial payment. I don't know if they have a problem doing 1:6 or not because don't reply.

We recently had two more of our seamstresses quit, one for legitimate health issues and one who just disappeared and stopped answering, so for now the Galactica and Trek costumes are on hold as we have to juggle all of our projects around with the tailors/seamstresses we still have.
-Rick

Last edited:

Are you still planning to re-print the Trek heads at a slightly larger size? I'm fine with it either way, I think the size is fine as they are, but I want to keep everything in the same scale.

Are you still planning to re-print the Trek heads at a slightly larger size? I'm fine with it either way, I think the size is fine as they are, but I want to keep everything in the same scale.

Thank you. It is really hard to make everyone happy on this and that sucks. We felt the scale was fine and everyone wants larger and/or tweaks while the other portion doesn't. Sex-you-up Kirk is definitely bigger and right now he is tentatively planned to be the first of our v.2 re-launched Trek line which will be larger with most heads tweaked.

We have no time-frame on this yet as to whether this is for late 2013 or 2014, going slow or full force with it with new heads mixed in. This year will largely be Stalking Dead, Illegal Alien/Illegal Aliens, and the Battlestar v.2 relaunch (with other small offering sprinkled in).

I understand on the uniforms, and sympathize with your issues with your "subcontractors". Hope things work out. I really like my Kirk head and am slowly working on painting it.

Thanks,

Tom

Hey, quick question, whatever happened to those neural parasites we were supposed to get as a pre-order bonus?

Back