WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

I will make a few paints out of lurex just in case someone wants a few on screen likeness. I am also going to attempt the slit pockets the tos pants had so you can slide phaser and wear it on pants like ive seen on screen.

Hey, here's a thought, since you are planning on doing up the lurex pants. Why don't you do up a prototype pair of both lurex and basic black, then post pics (preferably on a figure so they are being "modeled") - I think seeing the finished product would be the decider and could influence my final order...

Im testing patterns and I need to inform you the traditional 8 piece patterns for females only work on human models i have to reduce it to 6 patterns to avoid looking like mattel's chincy patterns.

No worries. I noticed in pics that the female uniforms have several seams on the front alone. As for the uniform changes, I believe they had the equivalent of a Hollywood sweatshop churning out costumes as fast as they could make them, and consistency and quality were not a concern!

Oh, and about how McCoy's medical pouch should affix to his pants - you could probably cheat and use magnets to do the trick...

Here's some current pics!

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0064.JPG

Mean to also comment, KIRK LOOKS FREAKIN' SWEET! Would like to see the redone head when it's a little larger and fuller (looks a tiny bit thin straight on) and I think I'll be using a beefier body for mine in the end. But the profile, the overall likeness, and that uniform are all just mind-blowing! Can't wait to see Groovy's handiwork!!!

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the head is a bit small, and I still haven't found a body I like. Right now it's a truetype narrow top and a slim bottom - just to make him a bit smaller than Spock/McCoy. A bit larger head that's fuller should make it fill out more. I can't wait to see Groovy's work either, Nanjin's uniforms are great but the arms are SO short! Lol!

Oh, and the Gorn is a Hollywood Collectables 1/6 statue, they're still available here: https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/star_trek_gorn.html

Hey, here's a thought, since you are planning on doing up the lurex pants. Why don't you do up a prototype pair of both lurex and basic black, then post pics (preferably on a figure so they are being "modeled") - I think seeing the finished product would be the decider and could influence my final order...

No worries. I noticed in pics that the female uniforms have several seams on the front alone. As for the uniform changes, I believe they had the equivalent of a Hollywood sweatshop churning out costumes as fast as they could make them, and consistency and quality were not a concern!

Oh, and about how McCoy's medical pouch should affix to his pants - you could probably cheat and use magnets to do the trick...

I will send both pants to rick for the final pics since he is taking the prototype photo's

As far as Bone's medical bag is conserned I'll have to wait until rick say's something, And he will need to find some micro magnets I can add some sheet metal to bones wastband and one mini magnet might be all it will need. or velcro since i thought I saw them in the prop pics.

Is that an actual cloth uniform on the Gorn statue.

Yeah, it is. Pretty well done too. The only complaint I have with it is that there's a pretty obvious connection point where they glued the lower jaw on. Other than that, a very nice statue.

Still have to say, while most of the Playmates 12' offerings were 1:6 fodder at best, their Gorn ranks among their best and fits in very well with all of these trek offerings of late.

For those who might be interested, I've posted pix of my (now) finished "Trek trio" over on Spenser's thread,with a mini-review of the uniforms he's done;here's a teaser...
DSCN5060.jpg

Eat your hearts out...PS

I see spense used gold fabric for the wrap top and what looks like a knit fabric for the spock/bones.
alot of people thought velvet was used because double knit looked this way with the fuzzy filter used on the camera's accept when outside enterprise. also some gold looks green

Polyester lycra can go 3 ways it can have a soft hand like the fabric i suggested for the females since it is dress weight.

I had to go for a nylon lycra for the male shirt and light weight pants material for the male pants because tricot is imposible to find anymore.with good reason it tears super easy.

most polyester is found in jersey knit /double knit and ponte all to thick for 1/6th scale.

I decided to avoid the fabric spense used and the nan used because I want are set to be alittle different and look damn near close to the real thing. I may make 3 sets of patterns and send some to rick to have the other seamstress/tailor to help me sew the orders since im the pattern drafter.

Last edited:

My current crew ... a mixture of WGP, Nanjin, Spenser, and (for the moment, LOL) Playmates and Barbie ...

The bridge was off ebay, something somebody scratch built ... it was in pretty rough shape, I had to dismantle the whole thing and pretty much rebuild and repaint it...

DSC_0227_zpsbcd6701e.jpg

DSC_0229_zpscbde8600.jpg

DSC_0228_zpse25c5b20.jpg

DSC_0230_zps49c26197.jpg

For those who might be interested, I've posted pix of my (now) finished "Trek trio" over on Spenser's thread,with a mini-review of the uniforms he's done;here's a teaser...
Eat your hearts out...PS

This is a WGP thread please keep the spencer stuff in the relevant thread.

I think this is very disrespectful seeing as groovy is working on outfits for WGP.

Last edited:

Still have to say, while most of the Playmates 12' offerings were 1:6 fodder at best, their Gorn ranks among their best and fits in very well with all of these trek offerings of late.

Don't get me wrong, PM did an admirable job with the Gorn, especially for it's time, it's just that they used their stock 12" male "one-size-fits-all" body, so the Gorn looks too tall and skinny. Stand him next to this statue of the Gorn, and you'd think: "Give that lizard a sandwich!" :lol

My current crew ... a mixture of WGP, Nanjin, Spenser, and (for the moment, LOL) Playmates and Barbie ...

The bridge was off ebay, something somebody scratch built ... it was in pretty rough shape, I had to dismantle the whole thing and pretty much rebuild and repaint it...

DSC_0227_zpsbcd6701e.jpg

DSC_0229_zpscbde8600.jpg

DSC_0228_zpse25c5b20.jpg

DSC_0230_zps49c26197.jpg

WOW. I can see were this is going, and it is in a very good direction! That bridge set is just awesome, it's nice to see the Rand portrait painted up, the likeness seems spot-on. It'll be great when the uniforms are, well, uniform (cannot wait to see what groovy comes up with!!!). Looking at that, I'm struck by just how good the Uhura likeness is - Playmates got that one right. Gorn does still look really good, too. The Playmates uniforms look like fuzzy pjs! The Barbie one really isn't that bad except for the color being too vibrant. Seeing McCoy makes me realize just how badly I want that character in my collection, along with Chapel... :pray:

I had some time over Xmas and painted up Scotty, Sulu and Rand ... though I'll probably re-do them once the upsized heads are printed. And I need to get Rand's clipboard soon!

Okay, here I go again :slap:

Just quickly resized this pic of the Kirk sculpt to show just how much it really does nail Shatner's likeness - just needs a slightly wider face:

Kirkmod_zpsb83cecc8.jpg

Also, on the topic of accessories, I tried to find some pics of McCoy's medical kit. I had trouble finding good photos of the original prop. Here are a few:

P187_0_zps04198f16.jpg

star-trek-019_zps0b8dc89a.jpg

There are a few other good accessory ideas in those pics, especially the phaser rifle!

This is a cosplay repro type of deal, it conveys the flavor of the medical kit, if not with complete accuracy:

Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TV-1966-movie-props_zpsfe7a75fa.jpg

One other medical accessory that hasn't been mentioned yet, but that would be great for the good doctor is the protoplaser (I'd buy one!):

P296_4_zpsc3f6f498.jpg

Im waitning for the new fabric to come in but rands dress will look amazing and hug her body very well. I recomend using the phician bodies because triad and ttl might look to fat for this view.

thanks Pete Im not bothered by the competetors stuff at all since im using diffferent fabric Im sure that are costumes will compliment nanjins which is what rick hoped since nan is very expensive and we wanted to offer a more afordable costume with same detail. My rank bands will look more authentic because im going to braid the gold embroidery floss with the silver I have which will helix the band.

So stay tuned right now wea are at the mirsey of the company shipping us the fabric.

Last edited:

Looking forward to seeing how Groovy's uniforms turn out. Good to hear they are being designed to complement Nanjin's which are truly sensational.
From that bridge shot I can definitely see how the crew is coming together. I believe I saw that scratch-built bridge offered on ebay. Once the head size tweaks are made this is going to be amazing, especially with Chekov and Chapel added. Maybe down the road someone will offer screen accurate 1:6 bridge environments.

That would be a huge overhaul plus it would take a 25" square diorama the price of each piece would be up their most of which would need to be like it really was a paste job with cardboard and plastic dials lol.

plastic chairs and parts of bridege,carpet etc if wgp did this it would be highly limited edition of less than 15 since we need 16 votes to even think about and very few voted for kirks chair

What could work is to make it like a puzzle piece you would put together.
like uhura's area,kirks chair and floor below it etc.

I wouldn't be interested in a full bridge dio because of the huge footprint, but I think if stations were offered as components--kind of like SS's environments or accessory packs--it could work. I already voted for the captain's chair. I'd also get a helm for Chekov and Sulu. Uhura's communications station. Spock's science station, McCoy's sickbay bed. Then it would be a matter of figuring the best way to display. If someone wanted to build a full bridge dio around that more power to them.
I could, however, see collecting 1:12, 1:18 or 1:24 scale full bridge mini-dioramas/environments with miniature crew member figures (molded and non-articulated). I'm surprised there's not something like that on the market. It could be modeled in Maya, zBrush, etc., fabricated, assembled and painted. You could even have animated computer stations and viewscreens running off jumpdrives. I'd imagine these going for something like $750 - $1,200/per depending on size and complexity. Personally, I'd get TOS, TNG, DS9 station, and VOY. Down the road you could get other sets like a Klingon bridge, shuttlecraft, landing party, classic encounters etc.
2qvz4go.jpg

r7vrll.jpg

32zqbue.jpg

6e3vph.jpg

Back