Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the only statue WETA has done so far that is a must get....

Yeah, apart from Bilbo and Gandalf!

And Balin is a big character in the history of middle-Earth.

And Dwalin is next in command!

And Bombur is a limited edition!

So they're all must-haves!

Say rather that Thorin is the only statue so far that is a must get.... for YOU :exactly:

Yeah, apart from Bilbo and Gandalf!

And Balin is a big character in the history of middle-Earth.

And Dwalin is next in command!

And Bombur is a limited edition!

So they're all must-haves!

Say rather that Thorin is the only statue so far that is a must get.... for YOU :exactly:

Nope, the others are just redundant and really not needed :slap

Bombur = ZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzz

Thorin is a MUST HAVE.............:cuckoo:

Thanks guys for your words, but all the credit goes to the artists who have done this work.

I don't get the attraction to Thorin, I found his character brooding and annoying in the film and the character design only moderately screams dwarf to me. I much prefer the design of Balin and Dwalin for my Hobbit dwarves.

Last edited:
Thorin was pretty well cast I thought. Movie and book wise he's a jerk only difference is earlier in the movie than book he softens a bit. However, we know he's going to be a jerk some more in the movie before the real end.

Still really dig this piece. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the dwarves.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have a chance to pick this statue up at a good price. What does those who own this one think of the statue?

The regular edition of Thorin is sold out at Weta. If you're planning on getting this, I would suggest finding it quickly.

Do still members want that exclusive Edition of Thorin for their own or is that poly not popular any more?

I think they made 750...It was the first Weta Hobbit line piece too...and the only SDCC ex made by Weta if I hopefully recall correctly...Gentle Giant made some Hobbit SDCC ex's busts as well

I think they made 750...It was the first Weta Hobbit line piece too...and the only SDCC ex made by Weta if I hopefully recall correctly...Gentle Giant made some Hobbit SDCC ex's busts as well

And it was quite difficult to get even when new. I got mine via a Weta forum friend who was kind enough to get me one from HobbitCon. It was even delivered with a Thorin postcard and I got also Smaug themed HobbitCon bag with it.

Back