Statue Gentle Giant Thorin Oakenshield Mini-Bust Comic-Con Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Collecting The Precious - Gentle Giant Thorin Oakenshield Comic-Con Exclusive Mini-Bust

ThorinMB.jpg

I could be wrong, but the statue appears closer in features to Thorin than this bust.

Very nice bust.

I with GG would focus less on busts though because they don't come out with many new statues these days.
Plus since they lost the LotR license it's been pretty lean.

The details may be there, but that paint app on his beard doesn't cut it for me. It's like a 3 year old had his way with it.

Nah, not getting involved with GG! Their Harry Potter line was fantastic, even if they never did (yet?) do the Weasley parents, and i did appreciate them doing Tom Bombadil, BUT....... no. Not going there.

And we haven't had a close-up of the Weta statue likeness, but i prefer the statue anyway.

Thanks Josh for the great pics! Superb as usual. Very good detailing on the statue. Kudos to Gentle Giant for the great job.:clap How I wish it were a full-bodied statue though. But can't complain, this is awesome in itself as a bust. This will look so good together with the Weta statue! :1-1:

Thank ya! Yeah, GG did a really solid job on this and the ones at Comic-Con looked every bit as good. This will be a nice line which will also be very affordable for fans of The Hobbit to get into.

Seems like GG got the color scheme wrong. They used brown on the 'arms pads' instead of blue (unless Thorin has multiple sets in multiple colors of course. Pink anyone?)

I think he probably has multiples. Gg did a very nice job and the price is easier on the wallet.

Back