Weezer's Custom Projects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weezer's 1/6 Chewbacca Project

Looking forward to seeing this project come along Weezer. I think 15" sounds like a good height for him.

So I took the photo of the figure and pieced it to what I think is close to Chewbacca's body proportions.

The yellow will be spacers added. The pink represents the 4" Freeborn added to the actual costume (foot lifts and mask).

Take a look let me know what you guys think. The arms might look a bit off???

I'm also going to rework the pecks/chest a bit. I may just smooth it out a bit. It's not as though you can see Wookies' muscle tones. :)

Hi Guys

This got me thinking about my Chewy and I want to change the way he looked...

The before...

IMG00026-20110422-1935.jpg

002-7.jpg

and now after some airbrushing the fur

011-7.jpg

013-8.jpg

what do you guys think :pray:

Hey gang, thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope this turns out.

Galactiboy, I'm going to glue the hair right to the body. I made a tight bodysuit last time from a brown t-shirt and was planning to glue the hair to it, but never got around to it. I think gluing right to the body is the way to go. That way I can keep the lanky wookiee build. I find the fun-fur body on my Hasbro figure is too chunky and thick.

For the body I was going to use an old Ultimate Soldier body. I bought 4 figure for $5 each at ToysRus a few years ago. I'm not sure if extending the limbs will be enough to base a 1:6 Wookiee. I did that on the first go round and it looked OK, but the torso was kind of short.

Any of you guys know where I can find the DCD Sinestro body Galactiboy was talking about (for a good price)? I looked a month ago and came up empty. Maybe I should just use what I have? Any advice is welcomed.

BTW is there anyone out there who can confirm that approx. 15" is a good height for the figure? Check out the photos in my first post.

Advice or constructive comments are always welcomed.

i remember talking with Deathstalker, (the guy that makes all those killer Chewy customs) a few years back, and he said he specifically did NOT use a very articulated body because all the joints made the fur look funky when bent. and that was because he puts the hair directly onto the body.
so sounds to me like if you wanna put the hair straight on the bod, then you'd use a body with very little articualtion.

or if you wanted a lot of artic, you'd use a tight undersuit. yeah the suit would make it bulkier but if you took a 12" body and "stretched" it with spacers like you're planning on then it might be okay w/ the added bulk of a suit

Would "Gorilla Glue" work for gluing hair right to the body?
I've never used the stuff.
depends on the type...........the gorilla glue i have expands .......almost like "great stuff" foam....and that i think would prove disastrous......so you may want to check on the different type gg's.

whats the best fur to use and where to buy some i saw something on ebay i might try it`s called fun fur ever heard of it

i made one mine was out of the fury chewey i made him 10x better gave him the missing crotch padded him up extended his legs yeah he has wires but i gues it easier then trying to figure out how to make him tall mine is about 14 1/2 inches not quite done with him yet i extended his face out gave him a serious look something differn`t i used a magic marker to shawdo in where it looks black and rubed the color in with my fingers to smoth it out to make it look like it does in the movie got to figure out how to get his hands a little bigger and i corse fined his fur to make it look like him in the movie where it doesnt look all clumped up it`s more curvey and stright wish i know how to post a picture on here if i had a camera .

i made one mine was out of the fury chewey i made him 10x better gave him the missing crotch padded him up extended his legs yeah he has wires but i gues it easier then trying to figure out how to make him tall mine is about 14 1/2 inches not quite done with him yet i extended his face out gave him a serious look something differn`t i used a magic marker to shawdo in where it looks black and rubed the color in with my fingers to smoth it out to make it look like it does in the movie got to figure out how to get his hands a little bigger and i corse fined his fur to make it look like him in the movie where it doesnt look all clumped up it`s more curvey and stright wish i know how to post a picture on here if i had a camera .

i see no periods you dont use punctuation it is hard to read your paragraph takes too much work because nothing in there is too important it would read better with a period or two maybe next time maybe this is how you speak ask your teacher where periods and commas go she will help you you need help

At 15" that would be 7.5' in scale. Peter Mayhew is listed as 7' 3" on Wikipedia, so that would be a good height.

Looking forward to your progress.

depends on the type...........the gorilla glue i have expands .......almost like "great stuff" foam....and that i think would prove disastrous......so you may want to check on the different type gg's.

You could use that for retirement "beer belly" Chewy :lol

that looks awesome weezer.

are you going to let the foot rest that high on the sculpted one? i might try to sink it down into it a little bit further as to possibly avoid a tall looking foot. the fur may hide that but the fur is another layer of height to that as well. sinking it lower could also make it more stable overall.

btw that pic of chewy in the chair is one of my favorites of him.......:lol

Last edited:

Sweet foot sculpt... and remember you could always re-use that to make fake 1/6 Bigfoot sightings :lecture

hey weezer glad to see your back to work on you Chewbacca.no I don't but once you find out how about casting me up a pair of feet

:slap

Try make the Chewie foot as long as the figure's forearm? Might work?

Back