Weezer's Custom Projects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd move this guy to my own thread. He's still a WIP. The body is a cardboard mockup. The final will be built from styrene. I think he's going to need a pet Jawa to keep him company. :wink1:

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 222
Those feet are incredible. Looking unreal. I've been anxious for this to be completed.

Hey gang, thanks for the kind words. Things have grinded to a halt with the kids off for summer vacation. ;)

BTW, I found a hasbro 12" IG-88 still in it's box packed up in my stash. Would it be wrong to skip out on the release SS version and just chop shop the hasbro version?

Hey gang, thanks for the kind words. Things have grinded to a halt with the kids off for summer vacation. ;)

BTW, I found a hasbro 12" IG-88 still in it's box packed up in my stash. Would it be wrong to skip out on the release SS version and just chop shop the hasbro version?

No, go for it!! The Hasbro IG-88 can look good with some work.

I understand "things grinding to a halt". Enjoy the summer. :)

Hi guys, does anyone have an idea of how tall a 1:6 gonk should be? Are they shorter than jaws/R2 unit?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, its been awhile. I've been working on some Jawa's for the past year. This is how far I am. The robes are custom dyed and sewn. They still need to be weathered. The base body may be too small. I did a bad thing and ordered the Hot Toys version:wink1:, so I'll see how close the bodies are. I'm planning to use two small LEDs for the eyes. I thought I would share some photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1976.JPG
    IMG_1976.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1978.JPG
    IMG_1978.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 97
Impressive start! I have been toying with the idea of making some of my own from scratch. So i will be making a close eye on your progress.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

That Jawa looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the completed project. Your tailoring looks professional, amazing work!

Thank you, I can’t take credit for the tailoring. That’s all my mom’s mad skills. :rotfl

Kudos to your mom, Weezer! She did a wonderful job.

Please let me know if she decides to offer some for sale. I would love to make my own Jawas and use these great cloaks as the basis for them.

Thanks guys. I took some comparison shots with Hot Toys.

Attachments

• IMG_2049.JPG
    IMG_2049.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2046.JPG
    IMG_2046.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 86
Very nice - color looks much better on the robe.

What are you using for the Power droid feet? And that's just the finest conduit for the legs?

For the robes I found a dye recipe online for ANH Jawa robes. It took a lot of trial and error with rit dye to get a colour I was happy with. It always dries lighter than you'd think.

The power droid feet were scratch built out of styrene and the conduit is a scrap peice I found at a construction site. I heated it pushed down and then slightly bent it so it didn't look so uniform. I always though the conduit made the legs look too chunky.

Back