Weezer's Custom Projects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weezer's 1/6 Chewbacca Project

Thats a pretty damn good Chewbacca. Thanks for sharing the link, it was fun to look at all the WIP pics.

yea that's a damn nice chewbacca sculpt. that's what i want to do with my latest one. get close to the screen prop base then fur it. tell your buddy great job.

I got inspired by all the "Wookiees in progress". So I'm tossing up a quick update.

This has been a glob of sculpey on the end of a stick the entire summer. I managed to find some time today to work on roughing out the facial features. It's still a rough WIP, but I thought I'd share to see if I'm on the right track. I'm going for the somber expression from ANH.

By the way great work on the other Chewbacca threads!:wave

Last edited:

I gotta say even at the rough stage it is visually, clearly chewbacca.

That is some very nice work there

Look forward to seeing more

Hi ho guys! I've had a bit of down time, so I thought I'd work on this project again (although it seem a bit redundant considering Hot Toys is offering a 1:6 Chewbacca). Then again I'm not sure I want to spend HT's prices on Chewie???

Anyway, This is where it's at so far. Head, Body, Feet are as good as I can get them. Next step is to hit it with some paint and fur'em. Which I have no idea how I'm going to do it. When I started I thought I had a good plan, now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I also would like some advice as to how you guys are placing the hair around the eyes, mouth and nose so neatly (without globing glue everywhere) and how to style the face hair to stay in place? If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Chewie4.jpg
    Chewie4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
  • chewie2.jpg
    chewie2.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 242
  • chewie action.jpg
    chewie action.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 242
  • chewie head.jpg
    chewie head.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 237
  • side head.jpg
    side head.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 241

You have to admire someone taking on such a challenge and it looks like you're off to a great start. Awesome job! :D

:pray: Please say you're still on this even though HT have announced theirs... you can use their accessories! Looks cool!

Thanks guys.

The only way I'll consider buying the HotToys Chewbacca is if my custom gets #*%? up. :) I'd rather have a Stormtrooper more, and the way these prices are going, my collecting funds are tight. I'm holding off from buying anything till SSC puts 3PO up for pre-order. I already have R2 on order.

The body was an old ultimate solider body that I cut up and added spacers to the void (basically a threaded rod glued in place and then covered with JB quick plastic putty). The torso and neck are styrene disks glue together and sanded to shape. I had to make upper arm swivels from scratch. They're made from 5/8" PVC tubing and random styrene items. The feet and head are sculpted from extremely old polymer clay (from my college days) and baked with the low setting on my heat gun. The figure's somewhat balanced, but the joints are a tad loose... because of this it has fallen to the floor twice, but no damage has been done (hopefully there won't be a third time).

Next thing I'd like to do is paint it up. What's the best primer to use on these figures? Some of the parts are made of a rubbery plastic.

Thanks again for checking in.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Since getting the Hot Toy version, this guy hasn't been seeing any love.
Quick update... Chewie's head with primer.

Attachments

• IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 133

That looks great. I would like to see an open mouthed chewie one day. Can't wait to see the final product!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back