Water Treatment Before/After pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I went ahead and gave my ROTS Obi-Wan the water treatment after using the tips given in the other thread. I love the results!

Here's the "Before" pictures of Obi-Wan in his Jerry Seinfeld "puffy shirt" ;):

Collection019.jpg

Collection003.jpg

For the water treatment I removed his outer tunic and soaked it in water. While the tunic was soaking I sprayed down his inner shirt and pants. I removed his boots and created "stirrups" out of scotch tape. I wrapped the tape around the bottom of his feet and about 1/4 of the way up his shins on either side. Then I secured the "stirrup" portion by wrapping another piece of tape totally around his shins. That prevented the pants from riding up when refitting his boots.

I also took a thick rubber band and wrapped it twice around his inner tunic after fitting his collar as snuggly as I wanted it. Then I put on the outer tunic, stretched it a bit and placed him back in a Mustafar pose with young Vader.

It dried today so I put on his belt (do NOT put the belt on until the tunic is dry, otherwise it'll bleed through and stain) and snapped a few pics. I was too impatient to wait for sunlight tomorrow so I just took a few pics with and without flash. I think they get the point across:

BellaFrantic002.jpg

BellaFrantic005.jpg

BellaFrantic006.jpg

BellaFrantic007.jpg

My PT display, second stringers need not apply:

BellaFrantic001.jpg

:D

Last edited:
THAT LOOKS 100% BETTER!Awsome job.Also on the topic of water treatments has anyone done Legolas? I hate how his tunic poofs out.

Much better. I haven't done this yet since I'm displaying mine with the robe on. I was thinking though. You may want to use something different than scotch tape on the cuffs of the pants. My wife scrapbooks and the adhesive can discolor pictures. I would think over time it may damage the material and ruin your collectible.

Excellent illustration! I don't know that it would work on Legolas though, that material is closer to leather than cloth and won't be as malleable even after dousing.

Remember, if you don't want to water down your figure it also helps a lot if you remove all the clothes when you first get it and then put them back on while fixing it the way you want to. For me it makes them look half as good as doing the water treatment.

Must have been Obi water treatment day, cause I did mine yesteday too. I really don't know what took me so long to do it! Looks 100 times better than it did.

what about beer treatment?

Oh wait, thats for me! :duff

Has anyone done this with the Bib Fortuna figure? He is the only figure I own and I would love to know if its worth the time.

Maul does look tiny.

Huge difference on the Obi Wan outfit. Looks 10 times better. Mine is presently wearing his robe but if I ever change it, I'll definitely consider doing the same.

Looks much much better!

Shropt said:
Has anyone done this with the Bib Fortuna figure? He is the only figure I own and I would love to know if its worth the time.
Yes, I think someone did. There are pictures of it too. Somewhere here on the board... Sorry, that was not a big help. Try a search on Bib Fortuna.

Back