WATCHMEN TV Series in the works at HBO.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed Sunday's ep because it tried something different.

And I can't lie, knowing it would trigger people like Otomofan is half the fun.

Wish granted.

474.gif

Evil, flawlessly handsome white man Senator guy's quote from this episode, verbatim:

"We're not racists. We're about restoring balance in those times when our country forgets the principles upon which it was founded. Because the scales have tipped way too far. And it is extremely difficult to be a white man in America right now."

If there's anyone that is still watching this show and is insisting this isn't the most blatantly white-bashing, downright hateful program on television, I'd love to know how you can defend such an obviously inflammatory speech that serves zero purpose but to further the divide between white and black people and continue to push Hollywood's agenda of instigating all out hatred between Americans of different races.

This is repugnant.

If there's anyone that is still watching this show and is insisting this isn't the most blatantly white-bashing, downright hateful program on television, I'd love to know how you can defend such an obviously inflammatory speech that serves zero purpose but to further the divide between white and black people and continue to push Hollywood's agenda of instigating all out hatred between Americans of different races.

This is repugnant.

Do you have an HBO subscription or are you just pirating it?

Do you have an HBO subscription or are you just pirating it?

How DARE you sir ask such a personal question with the implication that I am nothing more than a two bit thief in the night. I have NEVER been so insulted!!!

But yeah, I pirate it. Without even a shred of guilt.

I don't even watch the entire episode either....when it gets preachy and cringey I roll my eyes and fast forward. The only ones I've seen in full are episode 3 and 5, and I watch all the Ozymandias scenes.

Before this show premiered, the showrunners went out of their way to insult the fanbase and crap on the source material, so I'm only giving them that same level of "respect" in return.

However if you go back and read my posts, and I can understand if you don't want to, you'll see I had almost nothing but praise for eps 3 and 5.

Hooded Justice was Rolf Muller, a white guy. A RACIST. He was not a black guy pretended to be a white guy.

And Captain Metropolis is a racist cause he considered Black Unrest to be a problem to be dealt with? That's all the evidence?

People are so obsessed with racism that they're ignoring the main characteristics of these two: they were closeted homosexual lovers and were into kinky stuff with masks and role-playing, and in Hooded Justice's case, he was a VIOLENT guy.

My takeaway from the book has always been that ALL of these people are really messed up to the core, and that they have serious issues with violence and sexuality.

Even our "good guys" Nite Owl and Silk Spectre can't even consummate without wearing the costumes.

There's sooo much going on in Watchmen, and it's why it's pretty much the greatest comic book of all time. Sure, there's elements of racism, but the TV show is blowing it 1000% out of proportion. The main thing Moore seemed to want to get across was how damaged these people are, and not cause they "hate black people", but because they're obsessed with violence and sex and kink.

Violence and sex....and especially given the time frame of a lot of the story, sex that would be considered "deviant"....after all, Silhouette was killed simply for being a lesbian. I think this page pretty much sums it up.

Watchmen 02 006.jpg
Watchmen 02 007.jpg

Well I would continue this discussion (as I don't disagree with what you are saying in this last post as I said the same thing already, we just disagreed on if racism was one of the themes explored) but apparently my opinions are not allowed on here - apparently calling others dumb or a f'ing child is okay, but calling them out for that is not.

I think race is a great addition to the themes and discussions of watchmen and the psychology of ?real life heroes?. Really happy with the support and love this show is getting. Great discussions about it happening elsewhere, and many great articles and reviews analyzing it. Never thought a show like this could happen and work so well inside and out. Even after The Boys came out with similar themes as watchmen. I was a little taken back by the twist ending, but they have all next episode to make me a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand it this season was written as one self contained story. There could be more but the current creative team intended this as a one-and-done.

I honestly hope it's only one season or one micro sized story into itself as Lindelof and Co. have led us to believe. They've said these nine episodes have a beginning, a middle and a definite ending so extending it would just nullify all that. Sure it would be nice, to explore more of this world but perhaps the boldest thing, if not the more original thing, to do is to wrap it all up and let it be.

You know what? I have always really liked this forum and I don't wanna get a reputation as a ****. (Rhymes with stick.)

So I just want to apologize for being so argumentative and bull-headed about this stuff....it's comics and TV for chrissake.....I got carried away.

Sorry to Shatterer of Dreams, and sorry to Noisetrigger, if you're still reading this. I'm taking you off ignore. That was childish of me.

Anyway, I got carried away and now I'm actually mortified at how embarrassing it is to act like such a child on a message board that's supposed to be fun.

Sorry to both you guys, and anyone else I was a jerk to, too.

[video]https://vlp.to/pFhzVaoJ[/video]

OK, love it or hate it, let's get back to talking about this show.

:duff. I apologized previously but since that was deleted, I'll say it again. I'm sorry for the personal dig.

I'm really enjoying this show, but do have mixed feelings on wanting another season. I think a one and done is a great idea, but to me this has been so good that I would love to see another story - not a continuation of this one though. Guess we'll just see what happens.

You know what? I have always really liked this forum and I don't wanna get a reputation as a ****. (Rhymes with stick.)

So I just want to apologize for being so argumentative and bull-headed about this stuff....it's comics and TV for chrissake.....I got carried away.

Sorry to Shatterer of Dreams, and sorry to Noisetrigger, if you're still reading this. I'm taking you off ignore. That was childish of me.

Anyway, I got carried away and now I'm actually mortified at how embarrassing it is to act like such a child on a message board that's supposed to be fun.

Sorry to both you guys, and anyone else I was a jerk to, too.

[video]https://vlp.to/pFhzVaoJ[/video]

OK, love it or hate it, let's get back to talking about this show.

I apologized too. I too got carried away in the heat of the moment.

I am not a fan of every decision this show made but I felt that there is merit to some of the bold story choices and I can?t wait to see how it ends because the ending is really what decides if this whole journey has been worth it.

I can't wait to see how it ends because the ending is really what decides if this whole journey has been worth it.

Damon Lindelof and endings that are worth it, name a more iconic duo.

In all seriousness, I never see Carlton Cuse being mentioned in regards to Lost, it's always Lindelof taking the heat.

I’ll stump for LOST all day, which I know is unpopular. :lol There are valid criticisms but 90% of the complaints I see are flat out ignorant of what actually happened on the show. Most of the problems stemmed from the network insisting the show run for 10 years. Cuse & Lindelof even negotiated an exit from the show before the network finally caved & let them set an end date. It’s certainly flawed but nowhere near the way it’s been meme’d. It’s a beautiful mess.

Which is not to discredit anyone who watched the whole thing and left unsatisfied.

Leftovers has the best finale I’ve ever seen. It’s incredibly satisfying on a character level and also gives you all the pieces you need to draw your own conclusions about the intentionally ambiguous elements. The first season is a bit of a slog at times (this is the portion that directly adapts the source novel) but the following two are brilliant.

I’m sure the ending of Watchmen will not win anyone over but I have no doubt it’s been as meticulously planned as the rest.

I lovEDDDD LOST.

Until it became painfully obvious that I was being lied to by the writers, the showrunners, the network, and even the actors insisting it was allll gonna make sense....it was not a "magic island"...(it was. It was a magic island all along. The end.)

However, the episode "The Constant" where Desmond's consciousness keeps slipping back and forth in time in his own body over the decades?? That was a masterful hour of television that holds up despite how horrendously lousy the show became by the end.

I can’t ever recall anyone saying it wasn’t a magic island. Source?

The points of contention that usually come up are “they didn’t know what they were doing” (Lindelof has admitted the mythology roadmap was not firm in season 1 but was hammered out between 1 & 2).” “They were dead the whole time” (they weren’t) and “they didn’t answer the mysteries” (they answered almost every mystery).

I’m not saying your wrong but as someone who followed the show very closely I’d love to research that claim if you have a reference. Lindelof has been extremely open about his own shortcomings so I’m sure there’s some related content if that was a thing.

There's no specific reference. If you watch the show to the very end, it's evident that it's a magical island that does lots of magical stuff. All the things the showrunners promised us would be grounded in reality were just lies: it was a magic island that needed a magic plug put into its magic hole at the end to keep the magic from getting out.

I absolutely adored the show for the first five seasons or so....but conversely, I've never, ever, ever been so let down and insulted as a viewer as I was by the conclusion. It was worse than the fade to black on Sopranos and the Mother was Dead All Along on How I Met Your Mother.

If they had just admitted it was a magic island I wouldn't have been so angry....but year after year they were at comic con panels insisting "It's not a magic island...it's all based it science...it's all gonna make sense...you'll see."

Last episode rolls around? Magic island.

Back