Warhammer (40,000) Cinematic Universe with Henry Cavill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, he might as well now!

I'm only slightly familiar with what Warhammer is about but I'm curious to know more through a series. With Cavill Executively Producing, at least he'll have a say in what's going on with the storyline.

Going to need Jesper Kyd to handle the music for this.

Last edited:
I was Introduced to and educated in Warhammer 40K via 'If the Emperor had a text to speech device' youtube series which is hilarious and brilliant and I recommend it to everyone.

BTW - If they are doing earlier millenia, the Horus Heresy etc then I vote that Henry Cavill play the God Emperor of Mankind.

I have little to zero knowledge of WH40K, but I do know it's got a huge fanbase. I hope this turns out good.
This is extremely abridged, but my understanding is:

30,000 years into the future, humanity has spread throughout the galaxy with the help of AI. AI turns on them. Humanity is weakened, fractured into small colonies cut off from each other and their knowledge of technology fades over generations. Aliens, demons, and mutants take advantage of this and wage war. After rescuing and unifying several colonies, the Emperor founds the Imperium and begins his grand mission to reclaim the galaxy with the help of several legions of genetically-enhanced super-soldiers carrying his DNA.

10,000 years later (40K in total), the Emperor's legions themselves have fractured, some still serving the Imperium and others corrupted by trans-dimensional space voodoo. The Emperor is a vegetable being kept alive with the daily sacrifice of 1000 psychics, because his energy is required to power humanity's only method of warp travel. Though he didn't believe in religion during his time, the people of the present day worship what's left of him as God.

Zealots, space fascists, monsters, and giant shoulder pads. It's a vibe.

Last edited:
This is extremely abridged, but my understanding is:

30,000 years into the future, humanity has spread throughout the galaxy with the help of AI. AI turns on them. Humanity is weakened, fractured into small colonies cut off from each other and their knowledge of technology fades over generations. Aliens, demons, and mutants take advantage of this and wage war. After rescuing and unifying several colonies, the Emperor founds the Imperium and begins his grand mission to reclaim the galaxy with the help of several legions of genetically-enhanced super-soldiers carrying his DNA.

10,000 years later (40K in total), the Emperor's legions themselves have fractured, some still serving the Imperium and others corrupted by trans-dimensional space voodoo. The Emperor is a vegetable being kept alive with the daily sacrifice of 1000 psychics, because his energy is required to power humanity's only method of warp travel. Though he didn't believe in religion during his time, the people of the present day worship what's left of him as God.

Zealots, space fascists, monsters, and giant shoulder pads. It's a vibe.
That's a pretty good summary. I'm a long-term casual WH40k fan, and this sounds pretty much right.

It's an interesting and fantastic universe.

He's executive producing this, smart move considering he wants to keep projects close to the source material. There's new rumours about his behaviour towards the Witcher showrunner due to his desire to keep the show close to the source material. Gotta be more than just the actor to control the storyline direction.

I'm not expecting much because [current day], but I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully Cavill will make sure it's done (relatively) right. If there's one thing I want, it's to showcase some other locations beyond the constantly grimdark battlefields. That's the appeal and everything, but there's variety in the worlds, so give us some of that. 40K is the result of Dune, LotR, Star Wars, GrecoRoman x Gothic Deco (plus a ton of other Euro and Middle-&-Non Eastern influences). I like the grimdark and all, you can't be into 40K and not enjoy it, but I'd want to see an Inquisitor traverse the galaxy a bit, you know? The easiest way to do such a show is to break the narrative between characters from different regiments and in different places. An Inquisitor, a Guardsman, a Space Marine, a Commissar, etc.

If they start making 1/6th dollies, then I'll... I don't know. I honestly don't know. Hm. Well, I've always wanted to try my hand at alchemy...

He's executive producing this, smart move considering he wants to keep projects close to the source material. There's new rumours about his behaviour towards the Witcher showrunner due to his desire to keep the show close to the source material. Gotta be more than just the actor to control the storyline direction.
The "journalist" who wrote that article has put out legal disclaimers and statement that reads like it was written by a lawyer.
That smear article is looking very sus now.

Back