Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Warcraft Movie

Oh yeah. Duncan Jones. Another director who will make me watch a ****ing Warcraft movie. :lol

Re: Warcraft Movie

Sam Raimi.....?

Who?

creepy-smile-o.gif

From BlizzCon 2013 via Kotaku.

It's the story of Anduin Lothar versus Durotan, Human and Orc heroes from the original real-time strategy games.

"It's been hard to find an actor who looks like Durotan," said Jones. "Every time I meet an actor I just try to squish his face."

Both of these men are protectors of their people. War is coming, and both of them want to do the right thing for the people they are responsible.

During Q&A, Jones suggested the story offers plenty of opportunities for strong female leading roles as well.

From comments made during the Q&A, it seems the movie will be focused largely in the Eastern Kingdoms of Azeroth.

They're not just looking at the cities of Azeroth for inspiration. They're looking at trees, leaves, rocks. Westenhofer regularly logs into his character to grab reference shots.

When director Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code) first read the scirpt, it was very human and Alliance centric. that wasn't going to work. "It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue." He wants the movie's audience to feel for the Orc heroes as much as they do the Human ones.

Academy award-winning special effects supervisor Bill Westenhofer is also a fan. "I just about spit out my coffee," he said about being asked if he was familiar with the universe.

He started playing back in 2004 during the alpha test. He's got a level 90 Mage. He would get up at 2 in the morning during the filming of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe to go on raids. He's a player. Westenhoffer spoke of the Orcs, real human actors in makeup — not CGI.

During the panel Q&A, Westenhoffer compared the tone of the film to Gladiator. He also commented, on props, "The swords that are being built are the biggest swords a human being can wield."

Mayes Rubeo, costume designer for Apocalypto and Avatar will be handling costumes. She's pretty amazing. Simon Duggan of I, Robot and The Great Gatsby is handling cinematography.

The movie begins filming in Vancouver early next year.
uKFMUEU.jpg

Uj8Nvrd.jpg

KXBvHjS.jpg

iIGfSaL.jpg

Had o idea about this, pretty awesome. I saw a commercial for the game today at the gym and actually thought about reactivating my account. Been years since I have played.

The game is better than it has ever been and with WoD it gets even better.

**** WoW! It's gone downhill after TFT.

The fact that they decided to adapt original story first is beyond amazing and awesome.
I hope I'll live long enough to see the duel between demonic Illidan and cursed Arthas on a big screen.

Back