Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm an old school Warcraft 1,2, Beyond the Dark Portal, 3 and the Frozen Throne fan. The original series as a RTS, not the MMORPG crap. I even remember struggling through "Orcs & Humans" after constantly playing the "better" Warcraft 2 just because of the story.

This movie looks remarkably true to the series. The look thus far looks just like Blizzard's CGI cinematics. I really hope this movie does well because I would like to see a sequel that follows Warcraft 2 and the Beyond the Dark Portal expansion.

:hi5:

Another WC RTS gamer here, I'm super excited for this! :wink1:

Some footage got leaked, watched 4 minutes of it. This is 100% non-canon.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So yeah, this is not "WarCraft" I wanted to see all these years. Still interesting tho.
In terms of visuals and animation it's not realistic but on par with WoW cinematics, which is good enough.

On the Brown orcs.
Spoiler Spoiler:

My favorite Warcraft story is part III, that's where most of the main characters from modern Blizzard games come from (WOW, Heroes of the Storm)

Arthas transforming from a Paladin to the Lich King, Rexxar helping Thrall create the Horde, Gazlowe, Silvanas, Malfurion, Illidan, etc... There's so many stories to tell just from different factions of the same game, I really don't know how they can get to most of them.

Maybe it would have been better to make a Warcraft HBO series or something, the CGI can be comparable to say Game of Thrones and they can do season after seasons since there's so much stories to tell.

As for why the Orcs are brown, Blizzard sort of retconned some things in the past and brown orcs are canon. Basically in the old days Orcs used to be brown and they were noble people. Orcs with green skin is a sign that they have been influenced by the demon blood and they are basically tainted. The reason why pretty much all orcs are green in the "modern time" is because all the orcs who passed the portal and got stuck living on Azeroth after the war are all tainted, or offsprings of the tainted ones. Original brown orcs become a really rare breed at that point, so it kind of makes sense. They are treating Warcraft I as kind of a prequel to the modern times (Thrall's Horde era, or thereafter), so we'll be seeing a lot of brown orcs instead of green ones, after the first movie we pretty much wont see brown orcs anymore.

It's even more confusing because in the original games they were green and they become red after they drink the blood. Now they are Brown and permanently turn green.

----

Last edited:
Official stills:

wcm03_zpsnotr7x2i.jpg

wcm02_zpskxzbatec.jpg

wcm01_zpsuhbm7z8p.jpg

___

Leaked shots from teaser trailer:

Spoiler Spoiler:

___

And this is how I feel:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I know nothing of these games but those stills look amazing. Hopefully they look as good on motion.

Last edited:
I'm actually amazed that the movie is 6 months away and all we've gotten is a handful of screen shots and not even a teaser trailer. You'd think for a giant flick like this they'd be promoting the **** out of it already.

I'm actually amazed that the movie is 6 months away and all we've gotten is a handful of screen shots and not even a teaser trailer. You'd think for a giant flick like this they'd be promoting the **** out of it already.

I imagine they're probably going to wait until Hurricane Star Wars has finished it's path of box office destruction. Probably thinking any other movie will be ignored/forgotten about until late January anyway. Then they can pump out trailers and TV ads.

I imagine they're probably going to wait until Hurricane Star Wars has finished it's path of box office destruction. Probably thinking any other movie will be ignored/forgotten about until late January anyway. Then they can pump out trailers and TV ads.

There are two more hurricanes coming after January :lol They should show a teaser trailer now, early November.

Yeah, it's from Universal so they'll have to get some previews on the big Universal movies coming up...like Ride Along 2 and My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2. Plenty of eyeballs going to be on those. :p

Just put it online, all the movie/comic websites will do the rest. Seriously, when I look at my Facebook newsfeed, all I see is old articles and the same rumors about BvS and Star Wars...old news.

I know nothing of these games but those stills look amazing.
If Warhammer (low fantasy) is a bastardization of "Lord of the Rings", then WarCraft (high fantasy) is a lordoftheringsization of Warhammer. It's an epic fantasy with great setting and dramatic stories about awesome characters.

"Reign of Chaos" was my introduction to this franchise...

... and Thrall is my favorite character.
I really want this film to be successful and get a sequel where he plays the lead role.

If Warhammer (low fantasy) is a bastardization of "Lord of the Rings", then WarCraft (high fantasy) is a lordoftheringsization of Warhammer. It's an epic fantasy with great setting and dramatic stories about awesome characters.

"Reign of Chaos" was my introduction to this franchise...

... and Thrall is my favorite character.
I really want this film to be successful and get a sequel where he plays the lead role.

Is Thrall in the new movie?

Back