Waiting list Lurtz EXC PF converted!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! Must have been a ton of cancellations! You will not be disappointed!

Congratulations!!!:chew

Tell me about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do "Second Chance" offer
for Exclusive Lurtz. That's too bad, because people who cancelled this statue
will regret once they see it in person. It's the best of the BEST ! :rock

lakeshouse said:
Tell me about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do "Second Chance" offer
for Exclusive Lurtz. That's too bad, because people who cancelled this statue
will regret once they see it in person. It's the best of the BEST ! :rock
I don't think I will since almost all my passion on LOTR has gone...I can't believe I used to spend $2~3k on these.... of course, if new movie come out, it's a diffrent story.

indeed, there must've been a LOT of cancellations.

I think mostly because of the lack of any further news what's going on down the line ....

Vince said:
indeed, there must've been a LOT of cancellations.

I think mostly because of the lack of any further news what's going on down the line ....

Hard to imagine I spent so much time sweating the order I placed in January.

Wow so many conversions means so many cancellations too!! Does it not worth anything to so many people at the time of release? Could it be the price that put people off?? I still remember that 750 of it is gone within an hour??!!

Didnt the Doom PF Exclusive have a second chance offer as well? I think with any high priced items like this you will get alot of cancellations because some people simply "preorder" it in hopes of having the available funds a few months down the road. When that doesnt happen, thats when we get the waitlist conversions.

Since there's no penalty for canceling a preorder, most people take advantage of that and just order one for the hell of it. I think once the waitlist conversions go to collectors who will keep it in their collections, then it will be a pretty sought after piece. IMO this ranks up there withe PF Doom for sheer coolness.

I hope this is the case, because I've been waiting a few weeks now for mine to be converted and yet nothing has happened.

Hopefully, this will happen soon. *crosses fingers*

Funny you say that Nash. I got rid of some of my gentle giant busts and weta lotr items recently to make room for both PF exclusive Lurtz and PF exclusive Doom. Glad someone is getting the same vibe from Lurtz regardless of the cancellations. I seriously think that after a year or so prior to PF Frodo ships it will also be going for high dollar. With the whole debacle of the face and all it is afterall limited to 1000 and no exclusive. He is afterall the ring-bearer.

Last edited:
I wonder how many scalpers had pre-orders hoping for a high re-sale value but then cancelled after it wasn't going for too much more on the secondary market?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Grey Hulk PF's get cancelled due to the same thing.

I doubt many will cancel on the PF gray Hulk with a Edition size of 179, if any it would be those that ordered at the con in person. I'm definetly keeping my 5 orders. Prior to Captain America coming out I wasn't sure about keeping it but I think I will and hope SS makes a Thor soon. :google

Post Script, I was kidding about the 5 orders.

i just got on the exclusive list on the 11th and hopefully it will get converted. even if it doesnt do you guys think i should play the ebay game or just go with the regular version??

hairlesswookiee said:
i just got on the exclusive list on the 11th and hopefully it will get converted. even if it doesnt do you guys think i should play the ebay game or just go with the regular version??

If there are this many cancellations for the exclusive, I expect the regular to lose money in the secondary market (much like all the SW PF's). I'd be patient and see if your wait list comes through. If not, save a hundred bucks and go to eBay.

You can already find the Regular version for less than $300. I say if the exclusive isnt worth an extra $100 to you, just wait a bit more to see what happens and worst case scenario you could always get a cheaper regular version.

Im doing the same thing with the Greivous PF. The cape isnt worth $150 to me so I just went with the regular. It should arrive any hour now!

I did this very thing. I was late to the game, and wasn't going to pay upwards of $400 or more for the Lurtz exclusive, so I went with the regular. I got him for under $300, and to me the sword and scimitar are just as cool-looking as the exclusive version with the bow. And edition sizes don't really mean that much to me.

Back