Vts toys 1/6 (vm-021): Axeman ------ francisco

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spot on figure of a meh character.
Y e p .

Then again, look at all these people wantin' Negasonic emo girl.
She's as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.
At least Ajax was a prominent character of the story.

If Timewalker puts this up for PO, do they charge deposites/cancellation fees? I've never ordered from them, but I always hear good things.

I guess Deadpool wasn't as memorable as I thought. Had to google the villain. No memory of this guy just based on the visual of the figure.

These type of bootlegs I consider them between $100-$150. A SS 1/6 I won't buy if its priced over $200, a Hot Toy falls between $200 & beyond so this fig falls in my willingness to buy and I already preordered it. My Deadpool shelf looks bare with just Deadpool.

And somehow an unlicensed, barebones release is cheaper?

If it was $90-$100 yeah I would. $125 is steep for what it is.

when was the last time we got any 1/6 figure for 100$ or less? And they might be unlicensed, but vts/damtoys are quality; at the very least you'll get a better product then whatever sideshow throws at you for twice the price.

when was the last time we got any 1/6 figure for 100$ or less? And they might be unlicensed, but vts/damtoys are quality; at the very least you'll get a better product then whatever sideshow throws at you for twice the price.

I suppose. Perception can be a fickle thing. What is fair to one isn't necessarily fair to another.

What is fair to one isn't necessarily fair to another.
Nope. Here you have an opportunity to get a Hot Toys quality figure for almost half the price. Maybe a cheap ass stand with a cheap ass cardbord background could make it worth the $225? It's all about that mysterious and fickle perception... :lol

Nope. Here you have an opportunity to get a Hot Toys quality figure for almost half the price. Maybe a cheap ass stand with a cheap ass cardbord background could make it worth the $225? It's all about that mysterious and fickle perception... :lol

Oh, so you have the figure in hand already? Please tell us more about it. It seems you already have the figure to really comment on "Hot Toys" quality.

Speaking of ass, maybe try pulling less **** out of it before typing on the keyboard.

Its a barebones release. Im not praising HT either as their prices are absurd for some of the figures they release.

Oh, so you have the figure in hand already? Please tell us more about it. It seems you already have the figure to really comment on "Hot Toys" quality.

Speaking of ass, maybe try pulling less **** out of it before typing on the keyboard.

Its a barebones release. Im not praising HT either as their prices are absurd for some of the figures they release.

What? So we can't predict the quality of a company's upcoming products based on their previous releases now? I think anyone who has purchased a VTS or DamToys figure would agree that they are very high quality figures that are definitely worth their usual $150 prices. I own a few and would certainly argue that. I wouldn't quite say they are HT quality but definitely a step above Star Ace and Asmus, for example. The outfits are pretty much on par with HT but the head sculpts and paint are still a little behind. Their Wasteland Ranger figure got a number of mentions over in the FOTY thread.

It's a fairly barebones release, but so are lots of figures, including many HT figures that cost $50-100 more. I probably won't pick it up but anyone complaining about this being $150 is just making themselves look silly and uninformed of how good the VTS figures have been so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What? So we can't predict the quality of a company's upcoming products based on their previous releases now? I think anyone who has purchased a VTS or DamToys figure would agree that they are very high quality figures that are definitely worth their usual $150 prices. I own a few and would certainly argue that. I wouldn't quite say they are HT quality but definitely a step above Star Ace and Asmus, for example. The outfits are pretty much on par with HT but the head sculpts and paint are still a little behind. Their Wasteland Ranger figure got a number of mentions over in the FOTY thread.

It's a fairly barebones release, but so are lots of figures, including many HT figures that cost $50-100 more. I probably won't pick it up but anyone complaining about this being $150 is just making themselves look silly and uninformed of how good the VTS figures have been so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well you are not wrong about misinformed. I don't own any VTS toys.
I do own other third parties like CGL and Toys Era. They price theirs accordingly, even the barebones release.

Also, as I already mentioned, I am not too happy about Hot Toys releasing barebones at $200+ but thats what it is.

If the quality is up there, then by all means. I am basing my price complain on the actual release and what it comes with, not necessarily just the quality.

Last edited:
you've got something in your teeth.......................just a little something.....right there......................HA....made you look.

You're not getting a decent figure for under $150 in 2016. In 2007, sure. And yes, "Decent" is subjective, but I don't think opinions will vary widely. If this was HT it would be $220. If this was SSC it would be $240. IMO $150 is best you're going to do in the market for something like this.

Back