Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. There is not a lot of info on the suit. From what I have gathered from a few former Kenner designers that worked on the line.....it was released only through Aldens Department Stores most likely between 1976-77. The suit propotedly came with a dress cap as well, although I have never seen it. This outfit is really rare and I have only seen a few others over the years.

Tommarow I have another ultra rare Steve Austin coming in the mail........UK Exclusive light blue track suit Steve Austin. I will post photos once it arrives.

Thanks! I noticed it has the I-beam grip hand, so I think it might be 1977. Looks like you got one in great condition!

And make sure you post the new one when you get it!

Will do. I will say that of the few others I have seen where the collector got it as a completed piece with the figure included all have the bionic grip which also lead me to 1977. However it's not clear if the exclusive was only the outfit or if it included the figure as well.

Of the few out there two have the black Maskatron shoes(mine included) but there are a few collectors who say he came with dress shoes. So once again there are still a number of unknowns regarding this figure/ outfit that need to be solved. The hunt continues.......

My sister was so proud that she got a Johnny West cowboy doll from Santa when she was little. She still has him to this day!

2a8l3wm.jpg

Johnny_Box_01.jpg

:)

Alright fellow members.........here is my UK Exclusive SMDM figure. This figure was authenticated by a former Kenner employee who was a designer for the line.

You can see that the pattern is identical to the standard red version, however the material is a bit thicker. Not too unusual since there appear to be a couple versions of this suit with the foreign releases with slightly differing materials and shades of blue.

The shoes are the standard red versions, but in blue. The previous owner did replace the rubber skin on the arm. No big deal, as the suit itself is complete and authentic. This is the rarest of the rare for SMDM figures! It's taken me years to find one.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Damn, Hollywood! I had NO idea that variant SMDM even existed! And he's wearing Barney Miller's blue Seven Million Dollar Man blue jogging suit!

So you guys may remember I picked up a nice size He-Man collection a few weeks back. I met with the seller again and pretty much cleaned her out. Here's my pickup...

Holy friggin crap! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm insanely jealous on so many levels. That SW collection would be a dream come true if I found it.

Please tell me that the Remco glow in the dark Mummy is for sale. That's the last one I need for my collection. :)

That Secret Wars and Super Powers stuff makes me drool (I see some of the European Secret Wars figures there). Lucky you to have run across that stuff.

Very lucky.

@nintenjoe

Wow, that's quite an impressive haul!!!

Thanks!

Holy friggin crap! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm insanely jealous on so many levels. That SW collection would be a dream come true if I found it.

Please tell me that the Remco glow in the dark Mummy is for sale. That's the last one I need for my collection. :)

I'll definitely be selling all of them but they'll most likely go up on ebay. If you'd like I can send you the link once they're all up.

I officially hate Nintenjoe :lecture

:1-1:

Guess I'll start up an "I hate Nintenjoe" forum group so all of us can join and talk about how jealous and hateful we all are towards him.

:lurking

Me, too! :lecture

:lol

Holy crap, that carded POTF collection is worth some money. :thud:

I hope so. All the Star Wars stuff is going to be the first to go. I have no interest in them.

This Kenner sign should be AFA'd. That condition is freaking amazing for something like that.

I'm just going to sell it as is. Any idea of what it's worth?

Back