Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chewbacca, Boba Fett and the Gamorrean Guard were always my faves.

If everyone had to pick just one Kenner Star Wars figure as the best what would it be? Mine would be Jedi Luke as I always thought he looked cool in black!
Hrm, based on my childhood memories, I would probably go with Hoth Luke. That figure sticks out in my mind as my favorite. I'm not familiar enough with all the figures released to really say which is best from an adult's POV.

I also really loved the 3PO with removable limbs and *gulp* some of the Ewoks. :chase

If everyone had to pick just one Kenner Star Wars figure as the best what would it be? Mine would be Jedi Luke as I always thought he looked cool in black!

how can you pick just one star wars figure as the best?

"you want the impossible"......:gah:

:wink1:

Hoth Han. I don't know exactly why I thought that blue snow jacket looked so damn cool, but I did and still do. I always hate seeing it depicted as brown even though that's probably technically correct.

While like a lot of you guys - I loved'em all, for me it's Bespin Luke.

Loved Luke on film in that suit, loved the figure equally, & have fond memories of taking him to school with me a lot with him riding in my shirt pocket all day. :D

I dig how Medicom handled that--they gave us both!

kZan060.jpg

TdRvtTO.jpg

For those who may not know, Medicom had a real love for the vintage figures apparently. Not only were many of their figures throw-backs or references to the vintage Kenner figures, but they even did carded versions that were meant to represent the vintage carded look:

Check out the light sabre on Vader here, and Leia's vinyl cape:

1ZS5Xsf.jpg

ySl6Y7x.jpg

Hoth Han. I don't know exactly why I thought that blue snow jacket looked so damn cool, but I did and still do. I always hate seeing it depicted as brown even though that's probably technically correct.

I agree. There is just something about that figure that feels really special to me. It could be because it's tied to how ESB was a complete surprise back when it was first announced, and how the SW toys were such a huge part of my life right around that time.

I also remember I was in first grade and this sixth grader on my bus (a real jerk) had Hoth Han before the movie had even come out! I remember wondering where in the world he got the figure from and I was so jealous that a jerk like that had the figure before anyone else did! A few months later the movie (and the toys) came out and I remember loving the figure. I also wondered why the Bespin Han didn't have the bent elbow arm like the ANH and Hoth versions both did!

I only wish Sideshow (or HT) would do a Hoth Han. :(

BTW those figures are awesome, Kara!

I loved them all, so I can't really pick just one. I also love the look of those Kubricks, but don't like the price of some of them.

I loved them all, so I can't really pick just one. I also love the look of those Kubricks, but don't like the price of some of them.

I was huge into the SW Kubricks when they first came out but dropped out when they went PT. I've probably dropped at least 2k on them between master cases and exclusives. Most of which I've sold off over the years. I kept some, mostly the original ROTJ bricks and my 400% collection.

I still have the Flagg. Been boxed up for nearly 25-30 years now

Damn shame! My buddy bought a boxed one a few years ago and threw a party where we built it. That was so much fun. The pics are in this thread somewhere.

I'm cleaning out boxes today weeding out pieces from the collection and finding so much vintage stuff I forgot about. It's amazing what you don't realize that you have when you don't see it for months or years at a time. :lol

Welcome back Slade :duff

Chewbacca's a great design; definitely one of the top figures in the series. Hammerhead was another favorite of mine growing up.

I never liked Hammerhead because the limbs on mine were really loose and it annoyed me.

Back