Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people in North America don't drink coffee either, they drink bitter coffee-flavored water - it's just a version of tea made using a different ingredient. If it's not extracted under pressure, it's not coffee. ;)

Yeah, the Mummy and the Wolfman are the hardest to find of the "Glow in the Dark" figures on that variant card. I've been tracking them online for the last few years and the Wolfman is actually the one that pops up for sale the least. Up until the last 6 months the average price on the Mummy had been around $75-100 but the last few that have sold went for absolutely stupid prices. I think the last one was $180. I don't know if there is renewed interest in the line or what.

I always set myself a max number of what I'm willing to pay. For the last 2 I needed, Wolfie and Mummy, that number was $75. I surprisingly lucked out and got a Wolfie for $50 so I pushed my max for Mummy up to $100. I threw my bid in early and apparently someone either wants it way more than me or just has a bigger budget. I'm fine with that. Hopefully that person gets theirs and it leaves me open for a bargain later on.

Your figure is also on a REALLY nice card. This should help you in the long run with the whole set. I'm not a stickler for card condition as long as it's still sealed. My personal set varies from near-mint to good condition.

I'm still watching your stuff as I'm curious to see what $ it brings.

Thanks for the info. In researching prices, I did see that the GID versions were more money. Sorry you got outbid so fast. I'm sure you'll find another one down the road.

Some guy asked about buying the whole set from me so I told him $430 plus shipping which is $75 a figure. I thought it was a good deal but he declined so now I'm just going to let the auctions run.

That UK teeth image the US has is getting a bit old now, the UK is just as superficial as everyone else unfortunately and everyone has unnaturally white teeth nowadays (And we don't all drink tea I only like Coffee)
Yeah, being a well traveled American, I always find such stereotypical behaviors offensive. All I know about England came directly from authoritative sources. Like Mary Poppins, for example, which perfectly captured the English experience:

[ame]https://youtu.be/B_rVzBt20N0[/ame]

I sure do love those accents.

Most people in North America don't drink coffee either, they drink bitter coffee-flavored water - it's just a version of tea made using a different ingredient. If it's not extracted under pressure, it's not coffee. ;)

Its proper coffee or nothing for me, hate instant rubbish

I hope one of you freaks can help me out with a relatively mundane question...

How many figures are there in the original/vintage (1977-1985) Kenner Original Trilogy Star Wars line, including mail-aways and other exclusives and pack-ins. But not including simple production error variations nor packaging variations nor foreign variations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kenner_Star_Wars_action_figures

Wikipedia lists 96 figures available on card-back - is that everything excluding the special types I mentioned above?

The list at RebelScum confirms the 96 and includes another Max Reebo 3-pack bringing the total to 99: https://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp If you add the blue Snaggletooth it makes 100, but I can't think of anything else.

I've built out shelving to accommodate my growing vintage collection and I calculate that I can fit between 100 and 133 figures, not including the original 12 which are already accounted for on their own mail-away stand.

I know it's going to take me a long while, but I'd like to collect the entire figure line. I'll have duplicates of some figures and many duplicates of others, as they're being used in my Hoth diorama, but I'd like to have one of each on the staggered shelving nonetheless.

Last edited:
Got something today that I've lusted after for years, even had dreams about:

DSC_0788_zps0cd89dfb.jpg

DSC_0790_zps71a2d8ef.jpg

DSC_0789_zps6ce968a7.jpg

DSC_0792_zpsc8cb360b.jpg

Greatest character of all times.

Picked up these little gems at the local flea market this morning.

You can also see both of them in my Hoth diorama (WIP) here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125887

Unfortunately the stickers on my probot playset have dried and come off - but I still have them to re-attach. There's also some staining on it which looks worse in the pictures than live. $15ea is a great price, I paid more than that for the probot set a couple of months ago on eBay - but just a bit more.

I hope one of you freaks can help me out with a relatively mundane question...

How many figures are there in the original/vintage (1977-1985) Kenner Original Trilogy Star Wars line, including mail-aways and other exclusives and pack-ins. But not including simple production error variations nor packaging variations nor foreign variations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kenner_Star_Wars_action_figures

Wikipedia lists 96 figures available on card-back - is that everything excluding the special types I mentioned above?

The list at RebelScum confirms the 96 and includes another Max Reebo 3-pack bringing the total to 99: https://www.rebelscum.com/ch-vint.asp If you add the blue Snaggletooth it makes 100, but I can't think of anything else.

Without counting variants, 100 figures sounds about right. Blue Snaggletooth is different enough that I don't consider him a variant, but a unique figure.

Thanks for the confirmation! Seems like I'll definitely have enough shelf space for the entire collection. At the moment it's the 12" stuff giving me a headache - trying to figure out how to display them plus their matching 1996+ releases but I'm running out of space and might not be able to keep them all together. And then there's the issue of picking up a few missing 12" figures. If you thought getting the 3 3/4" Leia was a PITA, the 12" commands a serious premium.

Thanks for the confirmation! Seems like I'll definitely have enough shelf space for the entire collection. At the moment it's the 12" stuff giving me a headache - trying to figure out how to display them plus their matching 1996+ releases but I'm running out of space and might not be able to keep them all together. And then there's the issue of picking up a few missing 12" figures. If you thought getting the 3 3/4" Leia was a PITA, the 12" commands a serious premium.

I've had a boxed 13" Chewie for almost 20 years now. I'd love too also get Vader, Fett and a Stormie or two.

It was pretty crazy. The guy had a ton of boxed stuff. I also picked up a boxed Darth Vader Tie Fighter complete with decals, and instruction for $35.

Wow. I never find good vintage stuff at flea markets around here. There are too many scalpers and toy dealers in my state. :eek:

Back