Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright fellow members.........here is my UK Exclusive SMDM figure. This figure was authenticated by a former Kenner employee who was a designer for the line.

You can see that the pattern is identical to the standard red version, however the material is a bit thicker. Not too unusual since there appear to be a couple versions of this suit with the foreign releases with slightly differing materials and shades of blue.

The shoes are the standard red versions, but in blue. The previous owner did replace the rubber skin on the arm. No big deal, as the suit itself is complete and authentic. This is the rarest of the rare for SMDM figures! It's taken me years to find one.

Enjoy!

:yess:That is damn cool, Hollywood! How about a group shot?

Hey guys. If anyone is interested I just listed the first half of the Star Wars collection on ebay. I'll be listing the second half tomorrow night. I'm also selling a complete set of 1980 MOC Universal Monsters.

Here's my FS thread if you'd like to take a look...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126280

I haven't listed a few of the bigger Star Wars items yet. I think I'll wait until all the smaller stuff is sold first.

Last edited:
Hey guys. If anyone is interested I just listed the first half of the Star Wars collection on ebay. I'll be listing the second half tomorrow night. I'm also selling a complete set of 1980 MOC Universal Monsters.

Here's my FS thread if you'd like to take a look...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126280

I haven't listed a few of the bigger Star Wars items yet. I think I'll wait until all the smaller stuff is sold first.

Thanks, I'm keeping an eye on the Mummy. Hopefully I can win...

:yess:That is damn cool, Hollywood! How about a group shot?

untitled_zpsaf1c3fee.png

I've been gone for a while so I'd like to just say this...

Nintenjoe and I are no longer friends. Jealousy has come between us and I just can't look at him the same anymore. :(

Nintenjoe's awesome vintage figure acquisition skills are driving a wedge between him an many members these day :lol

Luck's not on my side it seems. :(

Oh well. I've waited years, it looks like I can wait a bit longer. Best of luck to you with them.

I'm surprised it shot up so fast. Is he the rarest of all 6? From past prices I figured it would be creature from the black lagoon.

I've been gone for a while so I'd like to just say this...

Nintenjoe and I are no longer friends. Jealousy has come between us and I just can't look at him the same anymore. :(

I'm getting this a lot lately. :lol

Nintenjoe's awesome vintage figure acquisition skills are driving a wedge between him an many members these day :lol

What he said.

Cool stuff, Nintenjoe - congrats!

Thanks!

I'm surprised it shot up so fast. Is he the rarest of all 6? From past prices I figured it would be creature from the black lagoon.

Yeah, the Mummy and the Wolfman are the hardest to find of the "Glow in the Dark" figures on that variant card. I've been tracking them online for the last few years and the Wolfman is actually the one that pops up for sale the least. Up until the last 6 months the average price on the Mummy had been around $75-100 but the last few that have sold went for absolutely stupid prices. I think the last one was $180. I don't know if there is renewed interest in the line or what.

I always set myself a max number of what I'm willing to pay. For the last 2 I needed, Wolfie and Mummy, that number was $75. I surprisingly lucked out and got a Wolfie for $50 so I pushed my max for Mummy up to $100. I threw my bid in early and apparently someone either wants it way more than me or just has a bigger budget. I'm fine with that. Hopefully that person gets theirs and it leaves me open for a bargain later on.

Your figure is also on a REALLY nice card. This should help you in the long run with the whole set. I'm not a stickler for card condition as long as it's still sealed. My personal set varies from near-mint to good condition.

I'm still watching your stuff as I'm curious to see what $ it brings.

Is there an actual height difference or is it the photo?

I can understand the teeth being off on the UK exclusive, but the height should be about the same. ;)

Look at the glass edges at the back, top and bottom - it's the angle of the photo.

I can understand the teeth being off on the UK exclusive, but the height should be about the same. ;)

Look at the glass edges at the back, top and bottom - it's the angle of the photo.

That UK teeth image the US has is getting a bit old now, the UK is just as superficial as everyone else unfortunately and everyone has unnaturally white teeth nowadays (And we don't all drink tea I only like Coffee)

Back