Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about getting the Remco figures of The Mummy and The Creature from the Black Lagoon after seeing them in this thread. I used to have them when I was young. They were probably thrown away. I was able to get one of the Mondo Mummy prints and can't wait for the Black Lagoon print from one of their top artists. I'm going to sit down and watch the Monsters Collection one day. I can't remember many of the movies at all.

What's weird about this line is that I don't remember them at all from my childhood, not even in the stores. My Mom was my biggest influence in what I watched and collected as a kid and she was a huge Monster fan so if these were around she would have bought them for me. She's the reason I had a ton of Star Wars as a kid :). Once I found out they existed a few years ago I went nuts and had to have them. It's such a fun little line and they're so well done.

And WATCH THE MOVIES! They're all classics.

That Wolfman looks great! Congrats, Madcow! That's a set I wouldn't mind collecting. I'm a sucker for vintage 3 3/4 five-pointers and those Universal designs.

Thanks! They're hands down my favorite Monsters toys ever. The size and designs are perfect. Even the packaging captures that dark feel of the films.

Awesome - almost like she WANTED you to have that. :)

I know. I have her to thank for my $35 carded ROTLA Indy as well, another late night wake up find. :D

What's weird about this line is that I don't remember them at all from my childhood, not even in the stores. My Mom was my biggest influence in what I watched and collected as a kid and she was a huge Monster fan so if these were around she would have bought them for me. She's the reason I had a ton of Star Wars as a kid :). Once I found out they existed a few years ago I went nuts and had to have them. It's such a fun little line and they're so well done.

And WATCH THE MOVIES! They're all classics.

It's very vague for me. I was very young when the toys were released in the 1980s according to wiki. I just remember them in my Grandmother's house. And seeing some of the movies on weekends. I don't know why they let me watch monster movies as I wasn't even double digits yet. I only remember Creature from the Black Lagoon the most because I saw that one maybe 5 or so years ago. The Mummy is second because I had a few memories about the movie after seeing the Durieux Mondo poster. I had tons of toys that were tossed away. I think the "adults" used toys to keep me busy.

Behold the vintage MOTU goodness I picked up Wednesday night!

DSC_0154B_zps9aa418b5.jpg

DSC_0155B_zps41d07273.jpg

DSC_0158B_zps45521e68.jpg

DSC_0165B_zps20ed20c4.jpg

Daaaaaaaamn, that's insane. There a few there I'd love to own, specifically Ram-Man. He's still one of my all time favorite toys.

Daaaaaaaamn, that's insane. There a few there I'd love to own, specifically Ram-Man. He's still one of my all time favorite toys.

He's one of the few I'm keeping just because he's rarely ever put up for sale MOC. If you're interested in others let me know, and I can link you to my for sale thread once I put it up next week.

Beautiful! Is that a complete set of singles packs?

Almost, only missing 3 figures!

He's one of the few I'm keeping just because he's rarely ever put up for sale MOC. If you're interested in others let me know, and I can link you to my for sale thread once I put it up next week.

Gah! I don't blame you for keeping him. There's a guy locally that has one where the card is beat and yellowed but it's still sealed. I'm trying to work out a trade with him.

Good luck with the sales and please do put the link here, I'd love to take a look though probably can't afford anything right now.

Gah! I don't blame you for keeping him. There's a guy locally that has one where the card is beat and yellowed but it's still sealed. I'm trying to work out a trade with him.

Good luck with the sales and please do put the link here, I'd love to take a look though probably can't afford anything right now.

I'll definitely let you know when the sale is up. I may just create a duplicate sale thread on here and he-man.org.

Wish I could find some of those incredible crash test dummies from the early 90's! on ebay they seem to all be from the US with wacky shipping to the UK lol

A HUGE need just came in:

IMG_20130321_145638.jpg

It was listed as Arabian Stallion instead of horse and didn't have Indiana Jones in the title. That helped me nab it for a lovely $38 + shipping. ;D The bubble is little cloudy and the card is rough but it's exactly what I needed. It makes me feel a lot better about the Sallah fiasco. 3 more to go...

Wish I could find some of those incredible crash test dummies from the early 90's! on ebay they seem to all be from the US with wacky shipping to the UK lol

Those were some cool figures but I never got into them. They were plentiful over here. As for the shipping, our postal service just more than doubled package rates to the UK and Canada.

I've been following your Indy pick-ups and you've been getting some mad scores. Congrats! I don't have any vintage Indy pieces. The closest is the Toys McCoy Indy. But I have it on my list one day to pick them up.

A HUGE need just came in:

IMG_20130321_145638.jpg

It was listed as Arabian Stallion instead of horse and didn't have Indiana Jones in the title. That helped me nab it for a lovely $38 + shipping. ;D The bubble is little cloudy and the card is rough but it's exactly what I needed. It makes me feel a lot better about the Sallah fiasco. 3 more to go...

Ok, where are you getting these things and what kind of prices are you paying? Feel free to PM if you don't want the whole world to know. ;)

Back