Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wife dragged me to this antique place in town & i thought what the heck i'll look for some vintage star wars stuff (none....:mad:) but i ran across this......
HPIM1952.jpg

thought it would be perfect for my grandaughter & it was, she loves it and seems to be her favorite toy of everything she has. picked it up for $15. i researched it a little bit and was probably made from the mid 60's to early 70's. missing a few pieces from what i can gather from online photos but she doesn't know or seem to care...:)

My grandmother had that toy at her house. Must have been my mom's. I haven't thought about that in years.

Also found these iron ons. Not toys, but they're vintage. I haven't had the ball$ to actually put them on shirts yet.

Oh snap! I just remembered my Mom ironing that S on a shirt for me when I was a kid. Haven't thought about that in 30 years. Good memories.

I think we need a separate thread just for Vintage Displays. What say you guys?

If I could display my vintage then i'd agree. :p

Speaking of, I just made a really sick score. I just hope it gets here ok and the seller doesn't back out.

But... but... Once you iron them on, you'll have the GREATEST HANES T-SHIRT COLLECTION EVER for like 4 to 6 months. ;)

They can last a long time, you just gotta take real good care of them. Gentle wash, no dryer etc.

Nah I think everything vintage should be in here. Much easier to have everything in one place.

They can last a long time, you just gotta take real good care of them. Gentle wash, no dryer etc.

If you're gong to even consider that, just scan them at a very high resolution, touch them up and then have new custom iron-ons made, saving the originals. You'd have to back-light them as you're scanning for best results. Or back-light them and take a photograph of them without flash. The only draw-back is that you'd be missing the glitter element of the originals. If you do either of these I'd love a copy of the files!

If you're gong to even consider that, just scan them at a very high resolution, touch them up and then have new custom iron-ons made, saving the originals. You'd have to back-light them as you're scanning for best results. Or back-light them and take a photograph of them without flash. The only draw-back is that you'd be missing the glitter element of the originals. If you do either of these I'd love a copy of the files!

I'm actually looking to buy a good scanner so I'll definitely try scanning them. I could do without the glitter anyway.

I think we need a different thread just for Vintage SW. Still a vintage collections thread in and of itself could be cool just to have them all in one spot. I don't display 90% of my stuff, but it might compell me to at least shoot it. :lol

Couple recent pickups froma buddy of mine in the Great White North. I've wanted these two for a while. Not planning on going much (if any) deeper into the UK Action Force stuff but I dig these guys.

Red Shadows by Wizard of X, on Flickr

Recently went through my collection to pull out a vintage MOTU Sorceress and came upon these items that I never took pictures of: ...

Awesome.

I thought that Army Gear stuff was pretty cool back in the day. I never had them, but I remember my cousin did. I had no idea that the packaging was so cool! I could definitely see myself picking some of those up MISB one day.

my wife dragged me to this antique place in town & i thought what the heck i'll look for some vintage star wars stuff (none....:mad:) but i ran across this......
HPIM1952.jpg

thought it would be perfect for my grandaughter & it was, she loves it and seems to be her favorite toy of everything she has. picked it up for $15. i researched it a little bit and was probably made from the mid 60's to early 70's. missing a few pieces from what i can gather from online photos but she doesn't know or seem to care...:)

I thought they were produced even later than that... I had that very set, but maybe it was picked up second-hand, or my parents'...

My grandmother had the castle - it was very cool.

The Play Family Farm was made from the late 60's into the mid 80's in a similar configuration as the one pictured. Some materials changed and there have been many variations on the animals and people, mostly in color, but early sets also had wooden people.

Damn, $15, very nice. I see there's a missing chicken, girl and dog. You also have an extra farmer and the woman and boy may be the incorrect ones for that set. Not that it matters at $15.

Do the doors of the barn still make the "moo" sound? The Play Family Family is one of a handful of FP sets I want to pick up in complete condition. I've seen plenty of them over the years, but they're always around $100.
yea i got to researching a bit more & noticed that. wound up going to a flea market this past weekend and found a few more items. the white chicken & a dog. btw the door doesn't moo........:lol
I thought they were produced even later than that... I had that very set, but maybe it was picked up second-hand, or my parents'...

My grandmother had the castle - it was very cool.

The Play Family Farm was made from the late 60's into the mid 80's in a similar configuration as the one pictured. Some materials changed and there have been many variations on the animals and people, mostly in color, but early sets also had wooden people.

this one must be a fairly early version as the people are made of wood. and yea the colors of just about all the figures and animals vary quite a bit. and from what pictures i've seen these were all in pretty good to terrific shape for a set so old.

this one must be a fairly early version as the people are made of wood. and yea the colors of just about all the figures and animals vary quite a bit. and from what pictures i've seen these were all in pretty good to terrific shape for a set so old.

Ah, yes, that's right. I had a few of the wooden ones, too, I remember. But mostly plastic.

I saw a bunch of these in a store display a few weeks ago (it was closed, unfortunately). I dunno - they're pretty cool, I think. They've certainly got that vintage charm.

I distinctly remember the farm, a city scene, and the castle. Didn't they have Sesame Street ones too?

It's funny, we get the newer versions for our daughter (usually second hand as well) - they've got quite the line-up these days, too! Completely different figure style, but some licensed DC superheroes in the mix, and some other action-oriented stuff as well. Pretty fun for a very young children's toy. :)

Ugh, I got my ROTLA Sallah figure in the mail and there is a GIGANTIC hole in the top of the bubble that the seller "conveniently" left out of the description and pictures. The guy is fighting me now on a refund of any type. This should be fun...

On a lighter note I filled a HUGE hole in one of my collections today. I'll post pics later.

On a lighter note I filled a HUGE hole in one of my collections today. I'll post pics later.
I wanted to write something about using your experience filling holes to help you with your damaged bubble predicament, but no matter what I type it comes out as unintentionally dirty, so. . .just use your imagination :lol

I wanted to write something about using your experience filling holes to help you with your damaged bubble predicament, but no matter what I type it comes out as unintentionally dirty, so. . .just use your imagination :lol

Touche! Lol thanks i needed the laugh. :lol

Here's the good stuff:

ate3u8u4.jpg

I've been collecting the Remco Mini Monsters for at least 5 years now. I have the regular versions all loose and mint but have been trying to get the glow-in-the-dark versions on the harder to find "starburst" cards. The 2 that have eluded me for years are Wolfie and the Mummy. When they pop up they fetch close to $100. I've lost out quite few times. One morning my daughter woke me up at 5am so while I was rocking her back to sleep I found this listed for $50 bin. Half asleep I thought I was dreaming but clicked but it now and went back to bed. It's here and it's PERFECT! One more to go then I'll tackle the damn near-impossible Monsterizer.

Last edited:
I thought about getting the Remco figures of The Mummy and The Creature from the Black Lagoon after seeing them in this thread. I used to have them when I was young. They were probably thrown away. I was able to get one of the Mondo Mummy prints and can't wait for the Black Lagoon print from one of their top artists. I'm going to sit down and watch the Monsters Collection one day. I can't remember many of the movies at all.

That Wolfman looks great! Congrats, Madcow! That's a set I wouldn't mind collecting. I'm a sucker for vintage 3 3/4 five-pointers and those Universal designs.

One morning my daughter woke me up at 5am so while I was rocking her back to sleep I found this listed for $50 bin. Half asleep I thought I was dreaming but clicked but it now and went back to bed. It's here and it's PERFECT! One more to go then I'll tackle the damn near-impossible Monsterizer.

Awesome - almost like she WANTED you to have that. :)

Back