"Vigilante" Bronson sculpt - FINISHED ! :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my Favorite lines from ths film was when Paul's Son in Law paid a visit to see Paul's apartment all repainted Orange with goofy cheery music playing on the Stereo, etc..

Upon seeing it he Froze, non-plussed, then said...

"Dad, why are you so cheery?"

Paul's face grew angered, then he snapped back...

"What do you want me to do, moan and groan for the rest of my life!!!?" :lol

Btw, Jeff Goldblum appeared in DW as Freak #1, in one of his first film roles and Larry Fishburne appeared as Cutter in DW2...

Last edited:

Yeah I think Marina Sertis -sp? ( counselor Troi from Trek Next Gen ) was also a "victim" in one of the films...maybe I'm wrong though...

SO the Mold is good, and I quickly ran and painted one up, cause I couldnt help maself :) .... I will redo mine after everyone elses has theirs.

bronshade.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to keep this thread going for costuming ideas.

On this one, I just used the Frank Black clothes and gun, a narrow shouldered tt, and an Angel trenchcoat . It was pretty darn fast, but there are a number of options as far as outfits for him..

I know he had diff jackets and overcoats etc...

I do need to find a black ski cap for him, does anyone have any links for that ??
IIRC, the "Power Team Elite World Peacekeeper" figure had a black ski cap. I might have a spare cap somewhere in my storage bins. If you want it, Russ, I'll look for it. If I find it, I'll send it to you for your Bronson figure, along with some other bits and bobs I've been meaning to send to you.

Power Team was a cheap brand available at Big Lots. I've not seen them parted out that often, unfortunately, but folks might have some already.

Dr. Figure's CIA Field Operator will have a black knit watch cap. Maybe folks could buy that part loose.

Searching loose parts sites for "watch cap" or "knit" might help.

I found a few tan/khaki watch caps, like the one that came with Jack Wace: First Special Service Force. I don't know if they could be dyed.

Hopefully that might give folks some leads.

Last edited:
Vikki...might I just say ....YES YES YES...:lol

Id love that hat if you can find it :)

Great suggestions on sources, Im gonna search those too.
I think Bronson could sport a number of looks. I think I m going to try to find a turtleneck sweater for my final figure :cool:
Im going to try to "take in" this trenchcoat a bit as its huuuge

Vikki...might I just say ....YES YES YES...:lol

Id love that hat if you can find it :)

Great suggestions on sources, Im gonna search those too.
I think Bronson could sport a number of looks. I think I m going to try to find a turtleneck sweater for my final figure :cool:
Im going to try to "take in" this trenchcoat a bit as its huuuge

No prob - I'll look for the cap next time I'm out at the storage unit.

The War Toys site has several black turtlenecks. If the link doesn't work for you, just type "sweater" into their Search bar, and you should find some possible leads.

BTW, the War Toys site also currently has the ACI Regular Neck Green sweaters available individually (instead of in the combo pack with a V-neck sweater). If you wanted, you could use one of those sweaters to make your girlfriend that Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart figure she's been wanting....

Thanks Lady !!!
I just bookmarked the site.

Yes the Brig is in the Mix, He's a wonderful touchstone to multiple doctors :) and Sarah Jane ! Sweater all the way, I like the jacket look but the sweater feels more " five rounds rapid ":rotfl

Yeah I think Marina Sertis -sp? ( counselor Troi from Trek Next Gen ) was also a "victim" in one of the films...maybe I'm wrong though...

SO the Mold is good, and I quickly ran and painted one up, cause I couldnt help maself :) .... I will redo mine after everyone elses has theirs.

bronshade.jpg

Painted up he looks even better. Great work.

I don't know if anyone's suggested these guys yet, but here are just a few more 60s & 70s actors who could be used in a variety of movie or TV roles...

John Wayne
Paul Newman
Steve McQueen
James Garner
James Coburn
James Caan
Robert Duvall
Robert Redford

Lee Marvin
Jack Palance
Richard Boone
Ernest Borgnine

I don't know if anyone's suggested these guys yet, but here are just a few more 60s & 70s actors who could be used in a variety of movie or TV roles...

John Wayne
Paul Newman
Steve McQueen
James Garner
James Coburn
James Caan
Robert Duvall
Robert Redford

Lee Marvin
Jack Palance
Richard Boone
Ernest Borgnine

While that list makes me salivate for classic Hollywood actors, Wayne, McQueen, Coburn, Duvall, Marvin have been done before. Not to say they couldn't be improved upon, but I for one would rather see the ones that have been ignored get the sculpting treatment.
Borgnine, Palance and Boone for sure would be great. But, what about Hollywood's tough guys? The guys we see and love in a plethora of movies but only the hardcore know their names?

While that list makes me salivate for classic Hollywood actors, Wayne, McQueen, Coburn, Duvall, Marvin have been done before. Not to say they couldn't be improved upon, but I for one would rather see the ones that have been ignored get the sculpting treatment.
Borgnine, Palance and Boone for sure would be great. But, what about Hollywood's tough guys? The guys we see and love in a plethora of movies but only the hardcore know their names?

I realize some of these guys have been done before, but I don't happen to own any of 'em and was thinking that if they were done as well as Charlie, a lot of people would probably be very interested. I certainly would!

Both Palance and Boone frequently played nasty tough guys back in their day. Then how about George Raft, James Cagney, E. G. Robinson, and Bogart? I don't think any of those guys have been done before, as far as I know. I wouldn't mind adding a few classic Hollywood gangsters to my collection, how 'bout you?

I realize some of these guys have been done before, but I don't happen to own any of 'em and was thinking that if they were done as well as Charlie, a lot of people would probably be very interested. I certainly would!

Both Palance and Boone frequently played nasty tough guys back in their day. Then how about George Raft, James Cagney, E. G. Robinson, and Bogart? I don't think any of those guys have been done before, as far as I know. I wouldn't mind adding a few classic Hollywood gangsters to my collection, how 'bout you?

I agree that those done could be better, but I'd rather expand than redo. They could always be revisited after new furnishings. Bogart was done by Jim Maddox and available through Lonnie Hale.
Actually, if I was able to get a William Smith, John Saxon and Marc Singer anyone else afterwards would be gravy to me. :D

note :

I redid the lowest part on the neck to be a better fit w both tt and sideshow bodies, and remolded the head . After I got a casting out, I realized that when put on a sideshow body, the bottom of the sculpts neck needed a bit of tweaking for more poseability, as on a tt, the neckline is more flexible than on the sideshow bucks. So this will be a good across the board neck plug fit now :joy

I also felt that the hair in the back o da head needed filling out a bit, so 'i did that too. Nothing changed on the face , he's still brutally charming !!
:lol
All for the love of the custom....and customers...
If I'm not 200 percent happy, I wouldnt expect anyone else to be :gun
Russ

Back