Hiding neck transition for Hot toys head sculpt with neck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRTHV8R

Freaked Out
Reaction score
For my Captain America First Avenger display, I purchased the Winter Warrior figure and used that for a year or so. Fast forward to the Hot Toys Bucky from the Falcon & Winter Soldier series, and I really wanted that awesome headsculpt on my Winter Warrior figure. I know Bucky’s latest hair style is different from the First Avenger role, but I can live with that due to the significant step up in portrait detail.

However! The hot toys head sculpt with the attached neck will not work for the Winter Warrior even if you use a hot toys body as his shirt and jacket are open at the neck and you see the neck joint as plain as day. I am unaware of a hot toys body that uses a head with fixed neck where the joint is not covered by clothing. Is there one?

So, to try and make a semi passable neck transition, I robbed an “emulated“ rubber chest/neck piece from a different figure, and tried to cut down the rubber neck and stretch to fit over the hot toys neck. Late last night when I did it, I was happy with it……….But now I can’t help but see Frankensteins monster!

Anyone got any ideas how to join a Sculpted neck piece with a body so it looks more natural? I did think of cutting off the hot toys neck, but the thought of cutting up a $70+ headsculpt vs a $20 body was too scary.

Appreciate anyones input on either a body out there that would work, or some tricks of the trade to custom fit a sculpted head/neck seamlessly with a body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
For my Captain America First Avenger display, I purchased the Winter Warrior figure and used that for a year or so. Fast forward to the Hot Toys Bucky from the Falcon & Winter Soldier series, and I really wanted that awesome headsculpt on my Winter Warrior figure. I know Bucky’s latest hair style is different from the First Avenger role, but I can live with that due to the significant step up in portrait detail.

However! The hot toys head sculpt with the attached neck will not work for the Winter Warrior even if you use a hot toys body as his shirt and jacket are open at the neck and you see the neck joint as plain as day. I am unaware of a hot toys body that uses a head with fixed neck where the joint is not covered by clothing. Is there one?

So, to try and make a semi passable neck transition, I robbed an “emulated“ rubber chest/neck piece from a different figure, and tried to cut down the rubber neck and stretch to fit over the hot toys neck. Late last night when I did it, I was happy with it……….But now I can’t help but see Frankensteins monster!

Anyone got any ideas how to join a Sculpted neck piece with a body so it looks more natural? I did think of cutting off the hot toys neck, but the thought of cutting up a $70+ headsculpt vs a $20 body was too scary.

Appreciate anyones input on either a body out there that would work, or some tricks of the trade to custom fit a sculpted head/neck seamlessly with a body.
have you consider removing the torso from say a zc body and move it onto the ht body? or do a body swap?

Back