Urus Studio Raven Blade 1:6 action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I’ve been told that Toys Battalion is yet another pseudonym Toys Era is using on its releases to confuse copyright trolls. Could this be true?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I’ve been told that Toys Battalion is yet another pseudonym Toys Era is using on its releases to confuse copyright trolls. Could this be true?
It's been speculated that might be the case, but I'm not aware of any confirmation. From both quality and accuracy standpoints this isn't up to Toys Era's recent standards (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Heimdall, Ronan), so I'm hoping they're two different entities. There are two separate companies doing Tactical Killmongers, so I'm hoping someone else steps up and does a better Corvus Glaive. That said, I did notice that Ekia Hobbies lists both Toys Battalion and In-Famous figures under Toys Era, so maybe they know something.

It's been speculated that might be the case, but I'm not aware of any confirmation. From both quality and accuracy standpoints this isn't up to Toys Era's recent standards (Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Heimdall, Ronan), so I'm hoping they're two different entities. There are two separate companies doing Tactical Killmongers, so I'm hoping someone else steps up and does a better Corvus Glaive. That said, I did notice that Ekia Hobbies lists both Toys Battalion and In-Famous figures under Toys Era, so maybe they know something.
Yes this Toys Battalion release appears to not be on par with the quality of the recent Toys Era releases you mentioned and it seems to be a far cry from the Hot Toys prototype that was teased eons ago. That said I realize such things are subjective and I can understand why some people are excited about having some version of Corvous for their display.

I am going to pass on this one and hope that Toys Era will produce a version that is more in line with the quality of their recent releases. Although I still think Hot Toys operates at a higher standard, Toys Era definitely seems to be stepping their game up and I am glad to have an alternative to the limitations imposed by my previous fealty to Hot Toys

I actually think it is on par with their previous release (if it is them). The issue is that they print the details on the suit and put it over a regular body. They were able to get away with it on the other two but CG has a unique body and it really shows.

I guess you're either okay with it or you're not.

I actually think it is on par with their previous release (if it is them). The issue is that they print the details on the suit and put it over a regular body. They were able to get away with it on the other two but CG has a unique body and it really shows.

I guess you're either okay with it or you're not.
Yeah, I see what you are saying, maybe that's why my Heimdall figure looks so much better than this 'Raven Blade" figure since Heimdall's body is completely covered by his suit. Even so the finishes on the Heimdall figure seem to be better than those on this Corvous. However I think if the helmet could be removed on the Heimdall figure the likeness of the sculpt would be off just like it is on this Corvous AND the Heimdall figure is shorter than he should be as portrayed in the MCU just as this Corvous looks a bit undersized.

No invoice for this but paid for my SooSoo Gambit this morning. Hopefully this is soon to follow.

Very eager to see how this companion piece for Proxima turns out.

Urus - Toys Battalion - Toys Era -- ????

Incidentally, The Iron Koob got the Sorceress from Toys Battalion and says it sucks. That's not reassuring.

Last edited:
Very eager to see how this companion piece for Proxima turns out.

Urus - Toys Battalion - Toys Era -- ????

Incidentally, The Iron Koob got the Sorceress from Toys Battalion and says it sucks. That's not reassuring.
I'm heavily debating if I want to pay thus invoice or just cancel. Proxima works okay in a display with Thanos and Ebony, just not so sure this Corvus Glaive will. I'm just torn between if this will be the one and only and to keep just to have him in the collection or to hold out for a better one. I wish SooSoo would make them as I still believe this is Toys Era.

I suppose since Toys Era hasn't shown another figure then perhaps this one is it after all.

I have alleviated myself of having to have the full Black Order once I decided against Proxima, so this figure will live or die by how great it is. If its close to Ebony Maw craftsmanship I will get him; if not he'll be another off the list...

Not only am I curious about how this figure turns out, but also will we ultimately see a Cull Obsidian at all up next...?

I'm heavily debating if I want to pay thus invoice or just cancel. Proxima works okay in a display with Thanos and Ebony, just not so sure this Corvus Glaive will. I'm just torn between if this will be the one and only and to keep just to have him in the collection or to hold out for a better one. I wish SooSoo would make them as I still believe this is Toys Era.

Same boat. Just got my invoice as well…

Stall as long as possible to see in hand pics.

If no in hands pics, that's usually clear indication its no good.

Good advice. I mean it’s very clear from the promo photos that they spent the money on the head sculpt and the hands/feet. And, as discussed in prior posts, other than that, it looks like a pretty standard 1/6 body with ALL of the interesting costume features being printed on the fabric over suit. So the question is, is that good enough.

It looks reasonably good in the Proto pics, but I’m just not sure.

Height will be the selling point for me. A too-short Corvus just won't do. And unlike Proxima, there might be body-swap problems with the way the feet connect and the length of the suit.

As it stands with the proto, I do not like the way the feet connect as it is.

In hand (literally) photos from Instagram. Seems like you’ll have to use the stand or lean him against something to get him to stand…
6C604C88-6EF2-4CBD-80AB-2CAC7D15CF88.jpeg
7D016BF1-3E5A-4569-A5D9-8B595361DD34.jpeg

Back