Urus Studio Raven Blade 1:6 action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, both questions have my curiosity.

We should know fairly soon, as so far each time a new Black Order figure is released, the next in line goes up for PO.

I will likely pick up Corvus now, but still no on Proxima... the only thing that could change that is Cull being offered, and my need to complete the set, collect-'em-all.
Ryan from Jedha Patrol mentioned tonight that he would let Proxima go at a discounted price because he hates the figure so much 🤣 Hit him up and get her on the cheap side!

Their process is to use standard bodies and print the details in the outfit. That’s why they look like Halloween warehouse versions of the character.
It’s also why I don’t see them doing Cull because that’s a new body. This is a low effort set. I don’t think they’d go through all that but let’s see.

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but for a third party release for a character that it is all but impossible seeing Hot Toys or even Sideshow produce, I think this guy will look great flanking Thanos and Maw………with Proxima showing in the back from the waist up. I’m actually pretty happy with this. Would it have been better if HT had released the proto the teased a few Comicon ago? No doubt, but I think this guy will do. There will be no question who this is standing with the rest of the Black Order in your collection.

5D5F8341-2216-4140-B156-1713CCB4D324.jpeg

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but for a third party release for a character that it is all but impossible seeing Hot Toys or even Sideshow produce, I think this guy will look great flanking Thanos and Maw………with Proxima showing in the back from the waist up. I’m actually pretty happy with this. Would it have been better if HT had released the proto the teased a few Comicon ago? No doubt, but I think this guy will do. There will be no question who this is standing with the rest of the Black Order in your collection.

View attachment 558223
I agree. I think it looks good for a 3rd party figure. I'm very please with the way it turned out versus how the prototype looked. Like you said, he will look strong in the front with Ebony Maw and Proxima behind them.

Their process is to use standard bodies and print the details in the outfit. That’s why they look like Halloween warehouse versions of the character.
It’s also why I don’t see them doing Cull because that’s a new body. This is a low effort set. I don’t think they’d go through all that but let’s see.
They could use the Juggernaut body so they wouldn't have to create a brand new one. Size wise I think it may work. I've never seen in person to be for sure but it looks slightly bigger than thanos.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle on this one. I like the sculpt, but don't like the feet "shoes" and joint... I like the scale of the figure but don't like the cheap "cloak" get-up. I do feel that this is a lazy effort, not as lazy as Proxima, but lazy nonetheless... and perhaps that's why they went with the Toys Battalion name instead of Toys Era.

If you have this figure peaking out from behind someone, then he'll probably be fine. On full display, he looks a bit hokey. But at least you don't have to hide him as much as Proxima.

Proxima pretty much killed my commitment to the Black Order, so not picking this one up is a lot easier.

I am still hopeful for Cull... but judging from the effort on these last two figures, I don't have much confidence that Toys Era will make the effort at this point. And if they do, it might just be a poseable statue (like the HT Hulk) rather than an action figure.

I hear ya, Wor. But I actually think the outfit, with the exception of the leg armor is more accurate than I initially thought (see screenshot below). One thing I will say is that the TB material would have really benefited from some simulated dirt and weathering. Everything in the stills we’ve seen and now the video makes everything look so pristine and perfectly black that it downgrades the impact. But I maintain that it’s a reasonable effort. The money is in that very cool head sculpt.

28598345-A906-4562-B8B0-F9CC785FD760.jpeg

Head sculpt is great, I'll give them that. And it still tempts me.

I wish the material was softer and could curl and crinkle like your screengrab. Adding weathering would concern me as I'd be afraid I might rub off the imprint designs.

I hear ya, Wor. But I actually think the outfit, with the exception of the leg armor is more accurate than I initially thought (see screenshot below). One thing I will say is that the TB material would have really benefited from some simulated dirt and weathering. Everything in the stills we’ve seen and now the video makes everything look so pristine and perfectly black that it downgrades the impact. But I maintain that it’s a reasonable effort. The money is in that very cool head sculpt.

View attachment 558267

This is a good comment. This figure may shine when its weathered. Right now, the gold is throwing it off.

Mine is taking forever to get here.

But wow he looks so bad ass. I’m so happy I jumped on this. I say this as one of those rare collectors who really likes Proxima though haha.
I know what you mean. Mine has arrived to the closest sorting facility in US after leaving airport. Optimistic he will arrive before the big snow storm thats supposed to hit Thursday.

I'm so mixed on Proxima. I'm definitely keeping her to have the set. She looks better in the group than standing alone for me. I keep coming back to her arms and hands being the issue for me. Even though her legs are so long, I think they are correct and if her arms were longer and thicker, she wouldn't look so out of proportion. I do enjoy her more the longer I've had her.

Back