Urus Studio Raven Blade 1:6 action figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meltrandy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
aka Corvus Glaive

Attachments

• 248014058_4553864854734719_7877496202748460264_n.jpg
    248014058_4553864854734719_7877496202748460264_n.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 231
Looks pretty good from the pic. The face sculpt is decent, however the body looks kind of short and the feet are weird (although that may be screen accurate, I just didn't realize the character was barefoot). The cape also looks pretty cheap. I have Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight is on order, so will pick this one up if everything lines up in terms of height and quality. I'm not as instantly sold on this as I was with Ebony Maw. Is this yet another producer? I can't recall who did the others, but it could also be the same company just switching names to keep C&D servers off their trail. I'll hold off a bit just in case a more accurate looking version is announced. If not, this is worth the pickup even if the body needs to be modded. HT was never going to produce, so glad to see someone else stepping up. Will just leave Cull Obsidian to complete the Black Order.

Yes, hopefully Infamous or Toys Era do a version as well. That outfit isn't accurate, as it covers him entirely so they can cheat and use a standard body. Here's the HT prototype, which had a torn costume that revealed the unique body detailing underneath. I could live with this shortcut for the legs, but not the arms and chest.

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Corvus-Glaive__scaled_600.jpg

avengers-infinity-war-vision-corvus-glaive-pelea-escena-alterna-cover-770x513.jpg

Some of the listings are calling it TOYS BATTALION? And some people are speculating it's the same company. Idk, honestly it seems similar in quality but I agree that this doesn't look good.

Excellent to see Glaive... disappointing to see its NOT Infamous (Toys Era)... unless this is another subsidiary.

Corvus looks pretty good but not quite as finished as the Toys Era figures, especially those foot joints.

Height is also a concern.

That all said, I am glad to have at least one option for this character available.

Now bring on the big guy.

Meltrandy, I'm guessing you work for/with Urus Studio since your only two posts involve Raven Blade. Can you tell us more about Raven Blade, and any chance you can post a picture or two of him next to Ebony Maw?

Meltrandy post from yesterday...

Meltrandy:

Just got Custom made Cull so I assemble Thanos and his children. He is …. oversize.

View attachment 545089

Excellent to see Glaive... disappointing to see its NOT Infamous (Toys Era)... unless this is another subsidiary.

Corvus looks pretty good but not quite as finished as the Toys Era figures, especially those foot joints.

Height is also a concern.

That all said, I am glad to have at least one option for this character available.

Now bring on the big guy.
I went ahead and ordered this through Giantoy. They have 100% refund on pre-orders, so there is no risk in putting that down if it comes out bad or a better version is released. I feel this is the same company as Infamous, so I feel this will be all we get for Corvus Glaive anyway and don't want to miss out.

aka Corvus Glaive
More of a Great Value Corvus Glaive, reminds me of one of those cheap halloween costumes where the every detail is just printed on a lycra body suit with a plastic mask on a string to top it off. The "knee pads" don't even line up with the knees

9TMuKdj.jpg

Last edited:
More of a Great Value Corvus Glaive

9TMuKdj.jpg
Yeah, I haven't PO'd any 3rd party figure yet but I will pick this up assuming TE doesn't make one (and isn't Toys Battalion).

We really need an indication of his height. If those polearms are the same length then it would appear the TB version is about one-half of a head too short.

Ah, that comparison really shows the problems. I hadn't really noticed, but yeah he's just not right without those spindly arms. He's also missing his belt.

Value Corvus indeed. I'm considerably less thrilled. I'm holding out hope for Toys Era to do a proper one now.

Pricing seems erratic too: ComicSantorum has it for $164, OneSixthKit for $177 and GianToy for $186

Proportions are way off, head is too big and the costume looks cheap. I think part of the pattern on his top is actually a misinterpretation of the cape. I can't believe Toys Era would be that sloppy. This seems more like a quick grab attempt from a new studio. It kind of reminds me of that YoungRich Homelander figure. I wonder how many folks jumped the gun and POed that figure (or the Toy Works) before SooSoo put theirs up a few weeks later. Hopefully a better Corvus Glaive gets shown soon or the company fixes the issues prior to production.

Proportions are way off, head is too big and the costume looks cheap. I think part of the pattern on his top is actually a misinterpretation of the cape. I can't believe Toys Era would be that sloppy. This seems more like a quick grab attempt from a new studio. It kind of reminds me of that YoungRich Homelander figure. I wonder how many folks jumped the gun and POed that figure (or the Toy Works) before SooSoo put theirs up a few weeks later. Hopefully a better Corvus Glaive gets shown soon or the company fixes the issues prior to production.
I do agree that the proportions are off. Body seems too small and head too big. I really hope they continue to work on this and fix these big issues. I do believe this is another subsidiary of Toys Era as the base used is the exact base that Toys Era is known for and same as the Ebony Maw one. Also, the material for the suit and the way its printed seem to be exactly the same as Ebony Maw. Unfortunately the material of the suit for Ebony Maw was the one downside for me for that figure. If this is the only representation for Corvus then I will keep my order for it and possibly use as starting point to mod it out. Hopefully I'm wrong and there will be an Infamous release or if it is the same, then this gets some much needed fixes.

There are too many inconsistencies for this to be Toys Era/Infamous. Mainly, they would never miss the belt. I also don't think they would make the head/hood/"ears" so wrong.

More of a Great Value Corvus Glaive, reminds me of one of those cheap halloween costumes where the every detail is just printed on a lycra body suit with a plastic mask on a string to top it off. The "knee pads" don't even line up with the knees

9TMuKdj.jpg
That's exactly the impression I got as well. This looks like those cheap Party City Halloween costumes where they just print the pattern on a one piece and call it a day.

71Gd0dJhIxL.jpg
_pdp_sq_

Oh God I hope this isn’t the Glaive we have been waiting for to accommodate the amazing Maw and the amazing-looking Midnight. He looks really odd.
Please no.

Back