URGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGENT!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UEGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGE

I am curious what the total price of all pending orders is.

It's probably much more than this, but my lowball estimate is over $16,000 (I included Mighty's 1600 deposit). My guess is that it's over 20k with all the people who haven't seen this thread or don't frequent the boards much.

I think the OP should have a running tally with amount owed at some point.

Re: UEGENT!!-anybody who is owed clothing from moe's production's must read this-URGE

the controls could be enforced...and as much as the customers and artists would complain....too damn bad...its for the protection of the buyer....if someone that wants to sell something and doesn't have the inventory to cover the sales order...NO MATTER how big or small...has no BUSINESS in business...I know MUCH better then this and this is why I am REALLY pissed off, the more I write this the more angry I get because I knew when I'm sending money to people like Moe...I have a deep feeling that this would happen....I don't think anything will come from this (tallying up or getting on a witch hunt)....but if the total is higher then 20K...I think we legitimately have a case...not that we will get anything but I just want to hurt someone's pockets right now...

Dumb and Dumber deposit: $600
4 Federer outfits: $1,320

Total: $1920. I think i have the record.

Blue Tux $255.00
Amsterdam $270.00

the controls could be enforced...and as much as the customers and artists would complain....too damn bad...its for the protection of the buyer....if someone that wants to sell something and doesn't have the inventory to cover the sales order...NO MATTER how big or small...has no BUSINESS in business...I know MUCH better then this and this is why I am REALLY pissed off, the more I write this the more angry I get because I knew when I'm sending money to people like Moe...I have a deep feeling that this would happen....I don't think anything will come from this (tallying up or getting on a witch hunt)....but if the total is higher then 20K...I think we legitimately have a case...not that we will get anything but I just want to hurt someone's pockets right now...

You might at have a case at that... I believe Chris Howe's final tally was over $20K, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know. He disappeared with peoples money as did Blind Voyeur and Sovereign Studios.

Just to update my post with what and how much I'm owed:

Blue Tux Harry D&D $240 Paid in full. (I had a $15 credit with Moe so that is why I am only owed $240)

Thanks
Mike

Man this sucks, sorry to hear this guys hope this dude isn't a fraud and delivers everyone's cash or items owed. I agree with GB "My firm belief is that custom figures/items should be financed by the artist, not by the customer. Since there is absolutely no buyer protection passed 45 days or if the seller genuinely runs into an issue and/or no longer has the money the buyers are screwed" Hope everything works out for everyone. If not somebody pay this dude a visit.

Trying restrictions on custom projects has been discussed and we've tried to recommend people not pay for items that will not be available within 30 days to allow for refunds through Paypal if necessary. However we get two complaints to this:

1) Seller needs the money up front to cover costs
2) Buyer doesn't care how long it takes they just want to secure the item

So essentially on both ends any restrictions are met with resistance and we eventually run into problems like this.

My firm belief is that custom figures/items should be financed by the artist, not by the customer. Since there is absolutely no buyer protection passed 45 days or if the seller genuinely runs into an issue and/or no longer has the money the buyers are screwed.

It's probably much more than this, but my lowball estimate is over $16,000 (I included Mighty's 1600 deposit). My guess is that it's over 20k with all the people who haven't seen this thread or don't frequent the boards much.

I have to agree. I was just sort of adding it up in my head loosely and I think this is going to hit 20k pretty quickly.

Much like Levit I too had a weird feeling sending full payments but Moe seemed like he had a good reputation and almost everyone I've met in this hobby has bent over backwards to be helpful and upfront. This one is going to be a shocking reality check.

I had a dreadful feeling this was potentially going to happen. Moe's always came through in the past and has been good on communications in the past. Really sad.

I have the Amsterdam outfit along with many others, and I also have a Priest Vallon outfit ($300-$400 i recall) paid and hasn't been made.

sorry to hear about all this. I hope you guys get whats coming to you in either your product or refund.

I'm honestly more disappointed then mad. If Moe truly is having medical issues, I hope he recovers. But if he really isn't planning on following through and has been lying that would be a huge disaster.

I may be out approx $700 but more importantly that's 2 figures I REALLY wanted - damn man!

I think the OP should have a running tally with amount owed at some point.

I hate to say this, but the higher the number goes the more likely he got greedy or desperate and decided to cut and run with a big pay day. It is very unlikely that this is all a big misunderstanding and that all of this is in production or that he is just sitting on tens of thousands of dollars waiting to put it towards product.

It is pretty clear that the total is going to break $20,000, and that is really awful.

You might at have a case at that... I believe Chris Howe's final tally was over $20K, but nothing ever came of it as far as I know. He disappeared with peoples money as did Blind Voyeur and Sovereign Studios.

And Les Walker.

And DarkArtist.

All screwed people over and got away with it.

I hope all of you can get your money back from Moe.

and sovereign studios.

so frustrating.

Oh man, I can't believe I'm reading this. Deja Vu. Why????? So sorry for you guys. I hope this gets solved. :(

So this has happened on this Forum 3 times before? WOW:slap Strict Rules and Guidelines need to be put in place by the folks that run this forum. I feel sorry for all of the Victims. I have learned my lesson!:lecture

How can it be that stand up guys go sour? The deal is that mighty q is one of the best guys on the board and a long time friend. But moe is also a great guy that I've had good experiences with.

I don't know what's going on but I don't want to see either guy in hard times I don't think moe is a scam artist. Can't belive that which means if he's sick than it's really a big deal and I hope that it's not true :(

Les walker had me wait three + years. But he came through. Soviering to my knowledge came through too. Chris howes was a scam artist.

Maybe we should give the benefit if the doubt for a few more months at the end of the day it is hard earned money. But it's also peoples lives which means more than dolls. Hope this gets resolved.

So this has happened on this Forum 3 times before? WOW:slap Strict Rules and Guidelines need to be put in place by the folks that run this forum. I feel sorry for all of the Victims. I have learned my lesson!:lecture

But each time people were warned and threads were made. But people just seem to want some things so bad they forgo the warnings.

How can it be that stand up guys go sour? The deal is that mighty q is one of the best guys on the board and a long time friend. But moe is also a great guy that I've had good experiences with.

I don't know what's going on but I don't want to see either guy in hard times I don't think moe is a scam artist. Can't belive that which means if he's sick than it's really a big deal and I hope that it's not true :(

Les walker had me wait three + years. But he came through. Soviering to my knowledge came through too. Chris howes was a scam artist.

Maybe we should give the benefit if the doubt for a few more months at the end of the day it is hard earned money. But it's also peoples lives which means more than dolls. Hope this gets resolved.

Not to dredge up bad eggs from the past... but it is worth noting that even well intentioned members can screw over members.

Les Walker still owes me over $200 worth of stuff... so no, sadly he did not come through for all of us and last time I contacted him he replied with a "why is everyone picking on me" message. And Les was someone I counted as a personal friend. Sovereign Studios likewise left many people in the lurch, not sure how many, but quite a few $200-$300 figures were never delivered while he continued to sell completed figures on eBay.

Back