UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly::lecture

We are bonkers. When I first looked at the Hot Toys site I wondered why they didn't show any MSRPs. But even looking at them I knew I couldn't afford them. But then I saw Arnie T2 and I thought I'd make just one exception. Well that door got opened, didn't it :lol

:lol:rotfl:rotfl
I have to stop. I now find myself ordering things I don't even really have a great interest in. Recently the postman ( or HotToys man as he is now called) delivered me a 1/6 medicom Darth Maul. The funny thing is I have no recollection ordering it. I did it whilst drinking whiskey at 3am.
Nooooooooo....

WOTD bash looks pretty good :wink1: the clothes not too big/long for him ? can't wait to get mine !

Thank you :D

The WOTD clothes fit pretty snug on the HT DX body (which is a BD here). The pants are a nice length, you'll find that the waist is very snug if you tuck in the white tank top then button the pants shut like I have in the picture. The short sleeve shirt is snug too, the muscular arms really fill that out when trying to move them into poses. I didn't try to button that though so idk how that would fit but i don;t imagine it would be a problem.

The Donnie pictured is a 3.5 body and the same exact WOTD suit fits that nicely too, just not as snug as the HT DX body.

I have to stop. I now find myself ordering things I don't even really have a great interest in. Recently the postman ( or HotToys man as he is now called) delivered me a 1/6 medicom Darth Maul. The funny thing is I have no recollection ordering it. I did it whilst drinking whiskey at 3am.
Nooooooooo....

Ok you're scaring me now b/c I too picked up a 1/6 Darth Maul (SSC) b/c I ventured into a custom thread for a Maul sculpt!

Thank you :D

The WOTD clothes fit pretty snug on the HT DX body (which is a BD here). The pants are a nice length, you'll find that the waist is very snug if you tuck in the white tank top then button the pants shut like I have in the picture. The short sleeve shirt is snug too, the muscular arms really fill that out when trying to move them into poses. I didn't try to button that though so idk how that would fit but i don;t imagine it would be a problem.

The Donnie pictured is a 3.5 body and the same exact WOTD suit fits that nicely too, just not as snug as the HT DX body.

oh..and I thought it would be snugger on the EB body cause I think they are slightly bigger than the HT body..specially the lats..good to know :wink1:

thanks again !

Nooooooooo....

that is awesome:rotfl

Sorry for the ____ty iphone pic. Here's a pose I'm trying out where it doesnt matter too much if the suit is not pressed.

The body is too awesome, it would be a shame to hide it underneath all that fabric

Wow, awesome picture !!! Finally someone posted a decent KICK picture that I have been waiting for such a long time ! Thank you JoelAng !

Nooooooooo....

Hehehehe…. :rotfl:lol:lol

You guys are right about the crotch thing, there seems to be no way to make the velcro less obvious other then putting him in a more relaxed pose.

I'm going to try ironing out the suit tomorrow, then play around with a couple more pictures

Last edited:
Nooooooooo....

Oh yeah! :yess:

Love this story!

This should be included in one of the scenes in Hangover haha! :rotfl

way to go Rory!

WOTDbashes1.jpg

Nice work dude! :wink1:

Yeh, 21st June Angolz emailed me a tracking number with Hong Kong Post - says the shipment will leave Hong Kong on the 23rd June (today). I ordered both MIS figures, wonder if that has anything to do with the order of processing?

No, it turns out mine has shipped too. I just had a different contact email than normal and forgot - checking the other email today I saw a shipping notice from June 21, same as you, and so any day now I will have it!

No, it turns out mine has shipped too. I just had a different contact email than normal and forgot - checking the other email today I saw a shipping notice from June 21, same as you, and so any day now I will have it!

:yess: I'm happy because this was my first completed order with angolz, and if it arrives mint I can add them to the list of trusted sellers. What I hope is that I unbox it and feel I made the right decision going with the MIS over the GoD. Signs are looking good.

:yess: I'm happy because this was my first completed order with angolz, and if it arrives mint I can add them to the list of trusted sellers. What I hope is that I unbox it and feel I made the right decision going with the MIS over the GoD. Signs are looking good.

Not sure how you compare the 2 tbh LJ.

Not sure how you compare the 2 tbh LJ.

They both cost the same? :lol

I know what you mean, it's almost apples and oranges. If the MIS head sculpts were different then that would be a no-brainer for me, I'd take two Arnie Kim sculpts any day. But it's the same figure with two outfits, it still grates a bit.

I don't care so much for accessories or dioramas, it all comes down to the figure, costume and sculpt. If EB announced that they'd be selling their Bruce Lee body separately, the GoD would have been more appealing 'cause you could actually use both costumes and sculpts in the one display. Identical head sculpts aside, the MIS is two figures for the same money - that and Arnie Kim's creative touch were ultimately what decided things for me, but it wasn't a clear-cut decision.

When you've got $350 to spend and only $350, you have to compare them somehow. But having to decide which awesome Bruce Lee figure to get is a luxury we didn't have 12 months ago, so I ain't complaining! :)

I know what you mean, it's almost apples and oranges. If the MIS head sculpts were different then that would be a no-brainer for me, I'd take two Arnie Kim sculpts any day. But it's the same figure with two outfits, it still grates a bit.

I don't care so much for accessories or dioramas, it all comes down to the figure, costume and sculpt. If EB announced that they'd be selling their Bruce Lee body separately, the GoD would have been more appealing 'cause you could actually use both costumes and sculpts in the one display. Identical head sculpts aside, the MIS is two figures for the same money - that and Arnie Kim's creative touch were ultimately what decided things for me, but it wasn't a clear-cut decision.

When you've got $350 to spend and only $350, you have to compare them somehow. But having to decide which awesome Bruce Lee figure to get is a luxury we didn't have 12 months ago, so I ain't complaining! :)
:goodpost::clap:hi5:

I also have a difficult decision between the two you mentioned plus the HT dx which I passed up last year and got the enterbay 1/4 instead. But like you said, a very good problem to have. Its just driving me nuts which one to pick

Ironed out the suit, just a word of warning for those who are going to do so, be extremely careful when ironing the shirt and vest, the snap buttons on them are easily melted by the iron, screwed up one on the vest :gah:. Also, the inner lining of the pants are made of very fibrous plastic, thepants got stuck shut after ironing, i had to spend 1/2 an hour opening them up (crumpling them again in the process)

The rest are just for fun

Great pics! :rock

Yeah, you have to be very careful ironing clothes that small, I believe there was a discussion about this earlier in this thread or in the casual Bruce thread.

Thanks for the hot tip Joel, that is very good to know. How do you feel about the neck? Everything I've heard from people regarding the MIS Bruce neck is that in hand it looks absolutely normal - but all the pics I've seen make him look like a bit of a giraffe neck.

The MIS11 neck doest have the giraffe neck syndrome (or rather is noticeable) because the shirt collar kinda rides up high helping to block it out. However its more apparent in the Casual... If HT didnt try to be too smart and placed those ball joints on the head like the DX, the fit would be just right...

Perfectly normal, it might have to do with thee way people take pictures or pose their figures. Naturally the human neck is bent 30degrees forward and maybe people neglect that?

Back